Windows 10: My temporary files say 300GB but when I click on them, they don't. How do I fix this?

Discus and support My temporary files say 300GB but when I click on them, they don't. How do I fix this? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/DoggoPlex [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kdqxn8/my_temporary_files_say_300gb_but_when_i_click_on/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DoggoPlex, Dec 15, 2020.

1. My temporary files say 300GB but when I click on them, they don't. How do I fix this?

/u/DoggoPlex, Dec 15, 2020

2. How To Delete Temporary Internet Files And Temporary Files In Windows 10

Hi,

As you are saying that you are not able to delete the temporary internet files and temporary Files in Windows 10.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

1.Have you installed any third party applications to clean up temporary Files?

2.In the Disk Cleanup had you checked the Temporary Internet files and Temporary files before doing disk cleanup?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and try deleting the temporary internet files.

• Open Internet Explorer by typing Internet Explorer in Search Bar. Click the
      Tools
      button, and then click Internet Options.
    • Click the General tab, and then, under Browsing history, click
      Delete.
    • In the Delete Browsing History dialog box, select the check boxes for the information you want to delete, click
      Delete, and then click OK.
    I also suggest you refer the Microsoft article on View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge
    and check if it helps.

View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge

Let us know if the issue with the deletion of temporary files is resolved we will be glad to assist you further.

Anup Karkal, Dec 15, 2020
  3. NShafkat Win User
    How To Delete Temporary Internet Files And Temporary Files In Windows 10

Hi Anup,

Thank you for your reply.

I would respond as follows:

1. No, I have not installed any third party applications to delete Temporary Internet Files or Temporary Files.

2. Yes, as mentioned in my message, I had chcked the relevant boxes for Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files before performing Disk Clean-up. But still the files won't delete.

Your suggestion is about deleting Browsing history. I don't have any issues with deleting Browsing history. It's about deleting Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files. Browsing history can be deleted via Internet Options or from the option available
    in the Hub of Microsoft Edge.

Any help on how to delete Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

NShafkat, Dec 15, 2020
  4. My temporary files say 300GB but when I click on them, they don't. How do I fix this?

Can't delete temporary files in Windows 10

Windows 10 says my temporary files have 5.16 GB of temporary files. Using this recommended method

Step 1

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type temp and click OK
    • Press Ctrl + A and click Delete
    Step 2

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type %temp% and click OK
    Step 3

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type prefetch and click OK
    the files don't get deleted and looking at the size of the files I find that I have less than 30 Mbytes of temporary files

My computer (a tablet with keyboard) has only 32 GB of storage

What do I need to do to solve this problem?

Ken and MagsMay, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

My temporary files say 300GB but when I click on them, they don't. How do I fix this?

1. My temporary files say 300GB but when I click on them, they don't. How do I fix this? - Similar Threads - temporary files 300GB

2. I have a bunch of corrupted files and I don't know how to fix them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a bunch of corrupted files and I don't know how to fix them.: My computer has been having issues for a while but they were ignorable calculator or photos app not working but recently the taskbar, search bar, settings and start button stopped working aswell as many other apps. So i did a window reset with keeping my personal files. It...
  3. I have a bunch of corrupted files and I don't know how to fix them.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a bunch of corrupted files and I don't know how to fix them.: My computer has been having issues for a while but they were ignorable calculator or photos app not working but recently the taskbar, search bar, settings and start button stopped working aswell as many other apps. So i did a window reset with keeping my personal files. It...
  4. I have a bunch of corrupted files and I don't know how to fix them.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How do I delete Temporary files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete Temporary files?: How to delete temporary files, thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-temporary-files/47a31507-485a-4553-883a-e22809bb8a10
  6. How do I delete Temporary files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete Temporary files?: How to delete temporary files, thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-temporary-files/47a31507-485a-4553-883a-e22809bb8a10
  7. Can I recover my files back when I copied them into a temporary profile?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I recover my files back when I copied them into a temporary profile?: So I've been dealing with this temporary profile problem for more than 2 months now and I miss my old profile, so I checked my C:\Users drive and checked my main profile folder in the C:\Users drive I realized where all the libraries went, I also tried out every method to...
  8. Can I recover my files back when I copied them into a temporary profile?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I recover my files back when I copied them into a temporary profile?: So I've been dealing with this temporary profile problem for more than 2 months now and I miss my old profile, so I checked my C:\Users drive and checked my main profile folder in the C:\Users drive I realized where all the libraries went, I also tried out every method to...
  9. How to free temporary files of 4.05GB?, while when I click on the temorary files, it...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to free temporary files of 4.05GB?, while when I click on the temorary files, it...: I got a notification that free up some space. I have ASUS with only 29.1GB C drive and it is showing some 1.38GB left. When I went to settings and storage sense, and clicked on C drive it is showing 4.05GB temporary files. When I click on them, then it splits into many such...
  10. Numbers do not appear when I click on them

in Windows 10 Customization
    Numbers do not appear when I click on them: Numbers DO NOT appear when I click on them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/numbers-do-not-appear-when-i-click-on-them/04d425e1-10e6-4427-aa7f-258e95f294b8