Windows 10: My temporary files will not delete. Trying to free up space to no avail. Please help

Discus and support My temporary files will not delete. Trying to free up space to no avail. Please help in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When trying to free up space (6.82 gb) in my temporary folders through the Settings app, it appears that the files delete (showing zero) but then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RaadLee, Aug 29, 2019.

1. RaadLee Win User

My temporary files will not delete. Trying to free up space to no avail. Please help

When trying to free up space (6.82 gb) in my temporary folders through the Settings app, it appears that the files delete (showing zero) but then reappear when checking again. Additionally, it only gave me access to 499 mb to delete, even though I'm trying to get rid of 6.82 gb. Any ideas?

Thank you.

:)

RaadLee, Aug 29, 2019
  2. Ferdz Amp Win User

Unable to delete temporary files

Hi Sumit,

Looks like you are running out of storage space, let's walk you through the steps of running
    Disc cleanup for your Windows 10 device.

To delete temporary files, kindly follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Disc cleanup and press Enter.
    • Under Files to delete, select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
    • Select OK.

If you need to free up more space, you can also delete system files:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Disc cleanup and press Enter.
    • In Disk cleanup, select Clean up system files.
    • Select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
    • Select OK.

If the suggestions above didn't work, feel free to post back so we can further troubleshoot.

Ferdz Amp, Aug 29, 2019
  3. NShafkat Win User
    How To Delete Temporary Internet Files And Temporary Files In Windows 10

Hi Anup,

Thank you for your reply.

I would respond as follows:

1. No, I have not installed any third party applications to delete Temporary Internet Files or Temporary Files.

2. Yes, as mentioned in my message, I had chcked the relevant boxes for Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files before performing Disk Clean-up. But still the files won't delete.

Your suggestion is about deleting Browsing history. I don't have any issues with deleting Browsing history. It's about deleting Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files. Browsing history can be deleted via Internet Options or from the option available
    in the Hub of Microsoft Edge.

Any help on how to delete Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

NShafkat, Aug 29, 2019
  4. My temporary files will not delete. Trying to free up space to no avail. Please help

How To Delete Temporary Internet Files And Temporary Files In Windows 10

Hi,

As you are saying that you are not able to delete the temporary internet files and temporary Files in Windows 10.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

1.Have you installed any third party applications to clean up temporary Files?

2.In the Disk Cleanup had you checked the Temporary Internet files and Temporary files before doing disk cleanup?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and try deleting the temporary internet files.

• Open Internet Explorer by typing Internet Explorer in Search Bar. Click the
      Tools
      button, and then click Internet Options.
    • Click the General tab, and then, under Browsing history, click
      Delete.
    • In the Delete Browsing History dialog box, select the check boxes for the information you want to delete, click
      Delete, and then click OK.
    I also suggest you refer the Microsoft article on View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge
    and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/view-delete-browsing-history-microsoft-edge

Let us know if the issue with the deletion of temporary files is resolved we will be glad to assist you further.

Anup Karkal, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

My temporary files will not delete. Trying to free up space to no avail. Please help

1. My temporary files will not delete. Trying to free up space to no avail. Please help - Similar Threads - temporary files delete

2. Temporary Files Not Available to Delete Taking Up Huge Amount of Disk Space After Reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temporary Files Not Available to Delete Taking Up Huge Amount of Disk Space After Reboot: After rebooting, I lost copious amounts of disk space randomly and more reboots don't help. Today I decided to crack down again on the random disk space loss after rebooting my device and I noticed that temporary files were taking up more storage than usual. I went to go the...
  3. Temporary Files Not Available to Delete Taking Up Huge Amount of Disk Space After Reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temporary Files Not Available to Delete Taking Up Huge Amount of Disk Space After Reboot: After rebooting, I lost copious amounts of disk space randomly and more reboots don't help. Today I decided to crack down again on the random disk space loss after rebooting my device and I noticed that temporary files were taking up more storage than usual. I went to go the...
  4. hello i was trying to free up space by deleting some files, is it safe to delete them?

hello i was trying to free up space by deleting some files, is it safe to delete them?: i saw some folders like "click to run", "ink", "msinfo", "vc", "vgx" in commonfiles folder "C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared"I don't want the "office" Microsoft software or no remains of it on my computer as it is a gaming computer so can you help me to identify...
  5. Temporary files not available for clean up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temporary files not available for clean up: When I used Windows 10 storage settings to view disk space usage it shows nearly 150GB of temporary files but when I click the trash icon to clean up, only about 50MB of files were shown for selection. Where are the other files please?...
  6. Temporary files not available for clean up

Temporary files not available for clean up: When I used Windows 10 storage settings to view disk space usage it shows nearly 150GB of temporary files but when I click the trash icon to clean up, only about 50MB of files were shown for selection. Where are the other files please?...
  7. Temporary files not available for clean up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Trying to free up space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to free up space: When i try to cleanup using disk cleanup and delete some files in file explorer and use treesize to view which file is larger to delete some files and using command prompt to flush dns and restart my pc, my disk C drive fills up space. I have to find out why i try to clean my...
  9. Trying to free up space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to free up space: When i try to cleanup using disk cleanup and delete some files in file explorer and use treesize to view which file is larger to delete some files and using command prompt to flush dns and restart my pc, my disk C drive fills up space. I have to find out why i try to clean my...
  10. Trying to free up space