Windows 10: My Temporary Internet Files containing 21.9MB will not delete

Discus and support My Temporary Internet Files containing 21.9MB will not delete in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Temporary Internet Files containing 21.9MB (The Temporary Internet Files folder which contains webpages stored on my hard disk for quick viewing.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pseudonymLT, Mar 9, 2019.

1. My Temporary Internet Files containing 21.9MB will not delete

My Temporary Internet Files containing 21.9MB (The Temporary Internet Files folder which contains webpages stored on my hard disk for quick viewing. My personalised settings for webpages that are left intact) were not deleted. I can’t even find the folder to delete them manually.

However it did delete the downloads files which has been showing several Mb even though there are no files in it hidden or otherwise. Oh no! It is now showing 1.82MB. They are back. I have successfully deleted them. Oh no! they are back 1.07MB this time.

I have contacted Settings help before and they said this would all be sorted when I have a system update, I have had a cumulative system update 13/02/2019 2019 Cumulative Update for windows 10 version 1809 for x64-based systems (KB4487044) however when I click on the link it sends me here February 12, 2019—KB4487044 (OS Build 17763.316).

:)

pseudonymLT, Mar 9, 2019
  2. Allan Mej Win User

temporary internet files not deleted

Hi,

Temporary Internet Files is a folder which contains browser caches of
    Internet Explorer. You cannot delete it by simply using a disk cleanup tool. You can delete it by following these steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • On the General tab, click Delete. . . under
      Browsing history.
    • Check all the data the you wanted to delete and click Delete.

Note: The process is irreversible. Therefore, it is not possible to recover the deleted Temporary Internet Files.

Let us know how things go.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Mar 9, 2019
  3. How To Delete Temporary Internet Files And Temporary Files In Windows 10

Hi,

As you are saying that you are not able to delete the temporary internet files and temporary Files in Windows 10.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

1.Have you installed any third party applications to clean up temporary Files?

2.In the Disk Cleanup had you checked the Temporary Internet files and Temporary files before doing disk cleanup?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and try deleting the temporary internet files.

• Open Internet Explorer by typing Internet Explorer in Search Bar. Click the
      Tools
      button, and then click Internet Options.
    • Click the General tab, and then, under Browsing history, click
      Delete.
    • In the Delete Browsing History dialog box, select the check boxes for the information you want to delete, click
      Delete, and then click OK.
    I also suggest you refer the Microsoft article on View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge
    and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/view-delete-browsing-history-microsoft-edge

Let us know if the issue with the deletion of temporary files is resolved we will be glad to assist you further.

Anup Karkal, Mar 9, 2019
  4. NShafkat Win User

My Temporary Internet Files containing 21.9MB will not delete

How To Delete Temporary Internet Files And Temporary Files In Windows 10

Hi Anup,

Thank you for your reply.

I would respond as follows:

1. No, I have not installed any third party applications to delete Temporary Internet Files or Temporary Files.

2. Yes, as mentioned in my message, I had chcked the relevant boxes for Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files before performing Disk Clean-up. But still the files won't delete.

Your suggestion is about deleting Browsing history. I don't have any issues with deleting Browsing history. It's about deleting Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files. Browsing history can be deleted via Internet Options or from the option available
    in the Hub of Microsoft Edge.

Any help on how to delete Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

NShafkat, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

My Temporary Internet Files containing 21.9MB will not delete

1. My Temporary Internet Files containing 21.9MB will not delete - Similar Threads - Temporary Internet Files

2. How to delete all temporary internet files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to delete all temporary internet files: How to delete all temporary internet files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-all-temporary-internet-files/d63d6f5f-77e8-4457-b1a0-e6650c38a696
  3. How to delete all temporary internet files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete all temporary internet files: How to delete all temporary internet files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-all-temporary-internet-files/d63d6f5f-77e8-4457-b1a0-e6650c38a696
  4. delete temporary internet files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    delete temporary internet files.: delete temporary internet files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-temporary-internet-files/1932d08b-ff5e-46bc-9076-ae10a9657b82
  5. How to delete all temporary internet files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. delete temporary internet files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    delete temporary internet files.: delete temporary internet files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-temporary-internet-files/1932d08b-ff5e-46bc-9076-ae10a9657b82
  7. delete temporary internet files.

8. Temporary Internet Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Temporary Internet Files: Disk cleanup says that I have currently 104MB of diskspace used by Temporary Internet Files when I 1st noticed it some Win 10 versions ago files took 64.5MB and even running Disk Cleanup it still says that 104MB is used by TIFs, ccleaner doesn't clear it either and View Files...
  9. Can't delete Temporary Internet Files in W10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete Temporary Internet Files in W10: Windows 10 tells me that my disk space is getting low on my C: drive. And it is. 120MB according to File Explorer. So I went to Settings|System|Storage|Free up space now. The scan there found 1.90GB in Temporary Internet Files. I clicked Remove Files, and after some...
  10. Temporary Internet Files

Temporary Internet Files: I routinely do a 'Disk Clean Up' for my C: This time, I see that the Temporary Internet Files is at 16.4 GB disk space. If I click on view files, the Temporary Internet Files folder is empty. But in the Disk Cleanup utility, the space has increased from 15.7 GB to 16.4 GB in...