Windows 10: My text turned into wingdings

Discus and support My text turned into wingdings in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I am writing a novel and I noticed that the last 5 pages have all turned to wingdings. None of the rest of the novel is like this only the end.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kimkouski, Sep 11, 2018.

1. kimkouski Win User

My text turned into wingdings

Hi all, I am writing a novel and I noticed that the last 5 pages have all turned to wingdings. None of the rest of the novel is like this only the end. Does anyone know why this happens and if I can turn it back to text?? I"ve tried highlighting it and trying to change it to regular text, but it comes out with squares. I've tried putting it through translators too but again comes out as squares. I've noticed it's this way in the other versions that I had saved. Please understand, I'm a newbie at computers so you'll have to talk to me in simple terms. Thanks.

:)

kimkouski, Sep 11, 2018

2. Black screen printing wingdings with high pitched tone.

Hello,

Black screen printing wingdings with high pitched tone can be due to outdated drivers. This can also be connected to hardware issue. For us to isolate and identify
    if this is a hardware or software issue, we suggest to perform the Windows Hardware Troubleshooter.

To access the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter, follow the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Sep 11, 2018
  3. AyeLwinOo Win User
    Wingdings Font not found

Hello Mike

Thanks for yr reply.

I got Wingdings font but not Wingdings 2 and Wingdings 3. I actually need these two fonts to use.

Thanks again

Aye

AyeLwinOo, Sep 11, 2018
  4. My text turned into wingdings

pptx files with wingdings font in windows phone

If I write a text in PowerPoint and use normal font like calibri or tahoma then I insert a symbol to middle of text like arrow to right => and I use Wingdings font. PowerPoint show text and symbol properly in workstation but if open the same file in Windows
    mobile phone, PowerPoint Mobile (ver.15) next word after symbol use also Wingdings font.

Justin_Case_, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

My text turned into wingdings

1. My text turned into wingdings - Similar Threads - text turned wingdings

2. Microsoft Excel WINGDING NOT WORKING - Character Code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Excel WINGDING NOT WORKING - Character Code: Hello,Every time I type in the PROPER CHARCATER Code IT NEVER EVER enters in the right symbol. I have to keep going to symbols chart finding the symbol and inserting it. How can I fix this? I am using both check mark symbols with character code 252 & 254. When I type this in...
  3. Microsoft Excel WINGDING NOT WORKING - Character Code

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Excel WINGDING NOT WORKING - Character Code: Hello,Every time I type in the PROPER CHARCATER Code IT NEVER EVER enters in the right symbol. I have to keep going to symbols chart finding the symbol and inserting it. How can I fix this? I am using both check mark symbols with character code 252 & 254. When I type this in...
  4. URL's turning into random text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    URL's turning into random text: As of recently, my urls start to become a string of text instead of the supposed url. This has been particular especially when I copy/paste YouTube links. Example:The hyperlink url I wanted to copy- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAJJEr0jwqMWhat was pasted instead-...
  5. URL's turning into random text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    URL's turning into random text: As of recently, my urls start to become a string of text instead of the supposed url. This has been particular especially when I copy/paste YouTube links. Example:The hyperlink url I wanted to copy- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAJJEr0jwqMWhat was pasted instead-...
  6. Text turns into rectangles and boxes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text turns into rectangles and boxes: A lot of the words and fonts turn into boxes or rectangles and then stops and turns back and does it again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-turns-into-rectangles-and-boxes/a5973b50-6bb3-4be4-8ead-a57984be0107
  7. Only Wingdings on screen with 2021 update

Only Wingdings on screen with 2021 update: I did the update yesterday on my computer and now all my programs and the my home screen show wingdings only. I cannot access programs and cannot read anything except going to settings. Tried font settings and I can't seem to change anything there. Please help...
  8. Windows 10 - Wingdings bug

Windows 10 - Wingdings bug: This is actually not a question but i've got a solution to one of the weirdest windows 10 bug which certainly a lot of people are complaining about on the windows 10 forums. Due to most of the Ask threads being locked I decided to post my fixing solution for this problem....
  9. Publisher not printing Wingding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Publisher not printing Wingding: Publisher will not print wingding characters even though it has before. Also, text boxes in Publisher are showing up completely black (never did before.) I had an update to my computer, then the problems started. I uninstalled the updates thinking this would solve my...
  10. text turns pink

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    text turns pink: After I updated a graphic driver two days ago, the text on Google Chrome landing page turned into a mixture of strange colors ( pink/blue/black). I use Lenovo IdeaPad 320, a graphic driver is AMD Radeon R7 Graphics. It is the only change I’ve made and I am not sure that this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my jumpdrive turned into wingdings