Windows 10: My Thinkpad P14s laptop is showing 8 RAM slots on Task Manager. while in reality, it is...

Discus and support My Thinkpad P14s laptop is showing 8 RAM slots on Task Manager. while in reality, it is... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My Thinkpad P14s laptop is showing 8 RAM slots on Task Manager. while in reality, it is only 1 slot soldered onboard + 1 slot user-upgradable! ThinkPad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Yasin Abdi, Apr 15, 2024.

1. My Thinkpad P14s laptop is showing 8 RAM slots on Task Manager. while in reality, it is...

My Thinkpad P14s laptop is showing 8 RAM slots on Task Manager. while in reality, it is only 1 slot soldered onboard + 1 slot user-upgradable! ThinkPad p14s showing 8 slots of RAM! I tried to do a test to see if it could be fixed so I made a new partition on the drive and installed fresh windows to fix this problem but when I looked at task manager it is still showing that it has 8 slots of RAM. so what is going wrong here

:)

Yasin Abdi, Apr 15, 2024

2. Windows 10 Task Manager RAM Slots Indicator

In Windows 10, on the performance tab, under memory in task manager, it says "Slots used: 1 of 2"

I was wondering if this is reliable. Searching my laptop online suggests that it only has one slot. Is it worth buying an extra stick of RAM or should I open it up first to check?

joe jordan, Apr 15, 2024
  3. Windows 10 Task Manager Ram Slots Indicator

Hi,

When you purchase a computer, by default, it only has one RAM inserted and you have an option to expand the laptop's RAM by adding another
    one on the second slot. This explains why you only have one (1 of 2) RAM showing
    on the Task Manager.

Let us know if you have any other concerns that we can assist you with.

Zedrick Del, Apr 15, 2024
  4. anurodh. Win User

My Thinkpad P14s laptop is showing 8 RAM slots on Task Manager. while in reality, it is...

Windows 10 Task Manager Ram Slots Indicator

Product Name: HP Notebook - 15-g206ax
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In windows 10 under RAM in task manager it says "Slots used: 1 of 2"

i am searching my laptop on-line suggests
    that it only has one slot

What is a mean ?

How many slots I have ?

My Thinkpad P14s laptop is showing 8 RAM slots on Task Manager. while in reality, it is... c00f11de-e424-4e00-87ca-c631c8fab099.png

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

anurodh., Apr 15, 2024
Thema:

My Thinkpad P14s laptop is showing 8 RAM slots on Task Manager. while in reality, it is...

1. My Thinkpad P14s laptop is showing 8 RAM slots on Task Manager. while in reality, it is... - Similar Threads - Thinkpad P14s laptop

2. My Thinkpad P14s laptop is showing 8 RAM slots on Task Manager. while in reality, it is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Thinkpad P14s laptop is showing 8 RAM slots on Task Manager. while in reality, it is...: My Thinkpad P14s laptop is showing 8 RAM slots on Task Manager. while in reality, it is only 1 slot soldered onboard + 1 slot user-upgradable! ThinkPad p14s showing 8 slots of RAM! I tried to do a test to see if it could be fixed so I made a new partition on the drive and...
  3. Task manager say 1 out of 2 slots in RAM.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task manager say 1 out of 2 slots in RAM.: So in task manager, it says I used 6/7.4 GB of RAM and I want to reduce that. I looked at the bottom and it says slots used: 1 of 2. Does this mean that if I finish using 1 slot, I would be able to use the 2nd one? Am I already using the 2nd one?Thank you so much- William...
  4. Task manager say 1 out of 2 slots in RAM.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager say 1 out of 2 slots in RAM.: So in task manager, it says I used 6/7.4 GB of RAM and I want to reduce that. I looked at the bottom and it says slots used: 1 of 2. Does this mean that if I finish using 1 slot, I would be able to use the 2nd one? Am I already using the 2nd one?Thank you so much- William...
  5. Task manager say 1 out of 2 slots in RAM.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Task manager showing wrong ram speed.........

Task manager showing wrong ram speed.........: I want to upgrade my Sony Vaio laptop from 4gb ram to 8gb ram, and I wanted to check the speed of the ram module, so when I went to task manager, it shows the speed of the ram is 20307 mhz. And then I realized this is wrong. 20 THOUSAND 3 HUNDRED SEVEN mhz. What!? The ram...
  7. Task Manager Not Showing RAM Speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Task Manager Not Showing RAM Speed: CPU: i9-9900k MB: EVGA Z390 DARK BIOS: 1.08 Windows build: 19042.630 [ATTACH] Tried updating BIOS, updating Windows, installing drivers, and this problem followed me for a half year from 1903 to 1904 build. Seeking for solution....
  8. I have 8 gigabytes or ram but task manager shows me that 40% is in use but also task...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have 8 gigabytes or ram but task manager shows me that 40% is in use but also task...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/giorgiored [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jhgkfm/i_have_8_gigabytes_or_ram_but_task_manager_shows/
  9. task manager not showing ram specs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    task manager not showing ram specs: hey guys i'm having an issue where the ram specifications do not show in the task manager on the memory menu do you have any fixes? submitted by /u/MattO411 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/duvngn/task_manager_not_showing_ram_specs/
  10. Ram installed in System but not Showing in Task Manager

Ram installed in System but not Showing in Task Manager: Hi Iam using Hp Laptop Model-HP Notebook-15-ba001ax ,My system was lagging so I thought of Installing Another 4 Gb RAM So I have installed the Same Ram I found in My System that is SK Hynix HMT451S6BFR8A-PB NO AA 4GB 1600MHz DDR3 PC3-12800 204 Pin SO-DIMM Laptop RAM SO i...