Windows 10: My time and timezone settings revert to their old ones immediately after manually changing...

Discus and support My time and timezone settings revert to their old ones immediately after manually changing... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! I am having a quite annoying problem to say the least, every time I try to change the time on my PC (with Windows 10) the aforementioned changes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CosmoBilling, Oct 27, 2019.

1. My time and timezone settings revert to their old ones immediately after manually changing...

Hello!
    I am having a quite annoying problem to say the least, every time I try to change the time on my PC (with Windows 10) the aforementioned changes get reverted almost instantly, same with the timezone, and my timezone isn't even located in the country I have specified the PC's location to be! I've tried changing it through Windows Time, but it was deactivated, so I tried to start it, and I ended up with this:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>net start w32time
    System error 5 has occurred.

Access is denied.

So I mean, clearly it didn't work, and I tried this in both the Admin version of CMD and the standard one.
    If anyone has any idea how to go forward I'd be glad to hear from them.

Cheers,

Cosmo Billing

:)

CosmoBilling, Oct 27, 2019
  2. BigTedd Win User

Timezone changes immediately after clicking off of the setting page.

When I go into settings and change timezone from Pacific to Eastern, it immediately reverts itself back to Pacific when I click out of the "Date & Time" settings page. So even though I can change my time to show as the correct time, my computer still treats
    it as if I have it on Pacific.

BigTedd, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Date is not updated immediately after changed timezone

Thank you for your quick response.

I tried to do softreset. but timezone and datetime remains previous settings.

In Mobile, time will be changed immediately after change timezone. But date will not be changed until click "<-" button.

But in Desktop, date and time will be updated immediately after change timezone without click "<-" or change page.

I concern this difference of behavior between mobile and desktop.

In conclusion, setting update should be updated immediately without any additional operation for modern os.

thank you for your cooperation.

Takuya Takeuchi, Oct 27, 2019
  4. My time and timezone settings revert to their old ones immediately after manually changing...

Timezone Change

Hi Iselda,

For us to properly isolate the issue with changing the timezone, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • What is the exact error message that you are getting?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial resolution, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• In the search box, type in cmd. You'll see Command Prompt listed.
      Right-click and select Run as Administrator.
    • Type tzutil /l to see the list of all time zones.
    • Once you have found your time zone, copy the description that is on the second line. Example:

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Central Standard Time <---- copy
    • Afterwards, type tzutil /s "paste the time zone here". Like this:

tzutil /s "Central Standard Time" (make sure to include the quotations!); then, Enter.
    • Exit the Command Prompt, and then go to your time settings.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

My time and timezone settings revert to their old ones immediately after manually changing...

1. My time and timezone settings revert to their old ones immediately after manually changing... - Similar Threads - timezone settings revert

2. timezone change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    timezone change: hello! i am currently trying to change the timezone of my windows 11 monitor. im on an hp monitor with an hp desktop. when i go onto the day and time settings, the setting is greyed out and is not allowing me to edit my timezone. what should i do to fix this?...
  3. timezone change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    timezone change: hello! i am currently trying to change the timezone of my windows 11 monitor. im on an hp monitor with an hp desktop. when i go onto the day and time settings, the setting is greyed out and is not allowing me to edit my timezone. what should i do to fix this?...
  4. Windows sets automatically a wrong time after i change it manually

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows sets automatically a wrong time after i change it manually: I have disabled all Date and time options so that time doesn't change automatically but windows 10 keeps changing my time wrong, even after i formatted windows, keeps showing me a wrong time, and after i change it manually next time i restart time is wrong againThe timezone...
  5. Windows sets automatically a wrong time after i change it manually

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows sets automatically a wrong time after i change it manually: I have disabled all Date and time options so that time doesn't change automatically but windows 10 keeps changing my time wrong, even after i formatted windows, keeps showing me a wrong time, and after i change it manually next time i restart time is wrong againThe timezone...
  6. Windows sets automatically a wrong time after i change it manually

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Timezone Change

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Timezone Change: Morning all, I'm in the UK, and my laptop clock has always had no trouble detecting which timezone I'm in, but for whatever reason, this morning I cannot stop it from thinking I'm in UTC-4.00. I know I can fix it by just setting it manually, but I was just wondering whether...
  8. Unable to change the date and time manually in Date and Time settings

Unable to change the date and time manually in Date and Time settings: The "change" button is grey and unclickable... how do I fix this? I'd like to set my clock to 12 hours instead of 24. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-the-date-and-time-manually-in/80b7f457-5d40-4fa1-ba93-e89f1fa01de0
  9. Can't change my timezone

Can't change my timezone: I have done everything I can think of. I have tried doing it through the settings. Never stuck or changed anything, went back to the wrong one. Tried to use the automatic one, that one failed. Tried to change it in the control panel manually, gave me an error saying that "An...
  10. Timezone changes immediately after clicking off of the setting page.

Timezone changes immediately after clicking off of the setting page.: When I go into settings and change timezone from Pacific to Eastern, it immediately reverts itself back to Pacific when I click out of the "Date & Time" settings page. So even though I can change my time to show as the correct time, my computer still treats it as if I have it...