Windows 10: my time on task keeps loosing time i have to reset every time i use my pc this is a...

Discus and support my time on task keeps loosing time i have to reset every time i use my pc this is a... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; my pc looses time every day... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by patriciawisecup, Apr 6, 2020.

1. my time on task keeps loosing time i have to reset every time i use my pc this is a...

my pc looses time every day

:)

patriciawisecup, Apr 6, 2020

2. Windows time keeps resetting to a wrong time

Hi,

For us to isolate your concern with your Windows Time, we would like to know the follow:

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, may we know what are those troubleshooting steps you have taken to resolve the issue?
    • Have you tried checking the CMOS battery? It provides power to the Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor (CMOS) chip. This chip stores information about the system configuration, including the date and time. If no, we suggest that you replace the battery.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Apr 6, 2020
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Changing Time Format

Hi Mary,

There's a possibility that the set up time format in your computer Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) is military time. To have this checked, you can try to reset the time of your computer through Control Panel. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Open Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region >
      Change date, time, or number formats. This would open the
      Region
      window.
    • From there, click on Additional settings at the bottom part. It will open the Customize Format.
    • Click Reset; then, OK.

The steps should work; however, if not, we suggest that you contact manufacturer and have the BIOS time checked.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestions .

John Sarc, Apr 6, 2020
  4. serrzh Win User

my time on task keeps loosing time i have to reset every time i use my pc this is a...

Windows time keeps resetting to a wrong time

Hi,

There were not many things to try.

I first tried changing the time servers, first for one the address ending with .gov, then for a Korean server, the address that I got with one of my IP cameras, then I tried the time server that is run by my cellular network provider. The things were all
    the same. The time tuned back to the correct time when I did this trick, turning automatic time off then back on, but it only kept for a day or two after that.

The second thing I tried was an advice I found on this website, to set the Windows Time service start to Automatic. It didn't help. I found the time wrong and the service back to manual on the next day. The computer runs a registration software, which requires
    it powered on around the clock. I can see and compare the time on the camera with the computer time (which is also recorded) and see exactly the moment when time changed. It can happen any time of the day but usually when no one is tapping on the screen and
    the computer is left alone. The energy saving is all turned off. (Does the BIOS clock really depend on battery when the computer is never disconnected from mains and is always working?) We usually notice the problem with the time because the mail and Skype
    messages stop updating.

As to looking into possible CMOS battery issue, I am on my way to figure out the way of trying it, as the computer is Intel NUC, and its genuine CMOS battery is nowhere to find. I tried Amazon, eBay and just internet. All of the searches brought no results.
    The advice they give in their website simply doesn't work. CMOS Battery on the Intel® NUC

There's no place in the world where you can buy it. So I maybe try some DIY, keeping the old cord and attaching a bare coin battery. I then report you what I get.

serrzh, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

my time on task keeps loosing time i have to reset every time i use my pc this is a...

1. my time on task keeps loosing time i have to reset every time i use my pc this is a... - Similar Threads - task keeps loosing

2. My time zone keeps getting reset to pacific time every time I restart my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My time zone keeps getting reset to pacific time every time I restart my computer: I have already tried changing the time manually, tried changing the time-zones in the control panel, checked Event Viewer to see if an application was resetting the time zone there wasn't, and saw that windows time is already set to automatic when checking Services. I changed...
  3. My time zone keeps getting reset to pacific time every time I restart my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My time zone keeps getting reset to pacific time every time I restart my computer: I have already tried changing the time manually, tried changing the time-zones in the control panel, checked Event Viewer to see if an application was resetting the time zone there wasn't, and saw that windows time is already set to automatic when checking Services. I changed...
  4. My time zone keeps getting reset to pacific time every time I restart my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My Computer Resets every time I start it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Computer Resets every time I start it: So every time I start my computer and log in my backgrounds, some of my apps, and everything I downloaded the last time I used it is deleted. Some apps stays like AVG antivirus after I starts it again. All settings I editet is also gone. When I start it always says Preparing...
  6. My Computer Resets every time I start it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Computer Resets every time I start it: So every time I start my computer and log in my backgrounds, some of my apps, and everything I downloaded the last time I used it is deleted. Some apps stays like AVG antivirus after I starts it again. All settings I editet is also gone. When I start it always says Preparing...
  7. My Computer Resets every time I start it

8. Every time I set my time zone to Eastern Standard Time in settings it resets back to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Every time I set my time zone to Eastern Standard Time in settings it resets back to...: When I use my PC, the time is shown correctly in the taskbar. But when I am using an internet browser, it is set back 3 hours due to it being Pacific Time zone. I have tried many times to change it in the settings app and it just resets. I have already tried Windows...
  9. Every time I set my time zone to Eastern Standard Time in settings it resets back to...

Every time I set my time zone to Eastern Standard Time in settings it resets back to...: When I use my PC, the time is shown correctly in the taskbar. But when I am using an internet browser, it is set back 3 hours due to it being Pacific Time zone. I have tried many times to change it in the settings app and it just resets. I have already tried Windows...
  10. My custom cursor keeps reseting every time I reboot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My custom cursor keeps reseting every time I reboot: Does anyone know a fix to this? The cursor is reset until I change any cursor setting, then it comes back to the custom state. However, it's pretty annoying to have to do this every time I restart. submitted by /u/BreaDKatka [link] [comments]...