Windows 10: My toshiba laptop is not opening with windows key

Discus and support My toshiba laptop is not opening with windows key in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was trying to put my wireless computer on my laptop and it requested a driver. I hit upload and now all I am getting is the Screen Saver then when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JuliaMelton, Mar 26, 2020.

1. My toshiba laptop is not opening with windows key

I was trying to put my wireless computer on my laptop and it requested a driver. I hit upload and now all I am getting is the Screen Saver then when I click on it I get the welcome password page and it won't accept my password. Then it will not let me get to my web browser page. The windows key is not working. Help.

Julia Melton

:)

JuliaMelton, Mar 26, 2020

2. Product Key illegible, Toshiba laptop

Just some thoughts.

Are any of these letters and numerals legible ???

You could try a magnifying glass whilst highlighting the sticker with a LED torch.

Place the torch light at different angles around the sticker.

Do the same with the magnifying glass.

Try all angles.

There have been times that i have managed to retrieve the Product Key using this method.

By the way when you say it wont boot what is actually happening ???

Does it show anything at all on the screen when trying to boot.

• Have you tried to get it into Safe Mode using the F8 Key. ( You might be able to do a restore or recovery from there ).
    • Try entering the BIOS using the DELETE Key.
    • To enter Safe Mode and or the BIOS repetitively tap the Keys that i have mentioned at one second intervals whilst starting the laptop.

( As the laptop is 10 years old i wonder if the BIOS / CMOS 3Volt Button Cell Battery is still functioning, which i doubt )

When this 3 volt button cell dies the computer will be unable to remember its hardware settings but this usually promotes a on screen error relating to BIOS and Date / Time Settings at boot.

The below link supplied lists what the F Keys ( function keys ) do.

Though some of these may not correspond to your Toshiba Laptop as we don`t know the Model Number.

F8 Key – Guide for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8

Frank N St31n, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Product Key illegible, Toshiba laptop

I have to bring my vintage Toshiba laptop back to active service, but it will not boot. I want to try a clean Win 7 install, but the Product Key number on the sticker is literally worn off! Without it, I cannot download Win 7 and burn a CD from this borrowed
    machine. I cannot find any help from Toshiba on this 10-year-old laptop. It came with Win7 Home pre-installed. Suggestions?

FranCooksey, Mar 26, 2020
  4. My toshiba laptop is not opening with windows key

I can't figure out how to open the disc tray on my toshiba laptop

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

Kindly try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Locate the eject button near the disc tray. This button is usually directly to the left or right of the disc tray.
    • Press the eject button firmly and quickly. The tray should slide open.
    • Press the eject button a second time to close the disc tray.
    If the above steps doesn't work try the below.

• Open This PC.
    • Right click on DVD drive.
    • Click on Eject to open the drive.
    If this doesn't help, I suggest you to contact Toshiba support for further assistance.

Here is the link:
    http://support.toshiba.com/

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

My toshiba laptop is not opening with windows key

1. My toshiba laptop is not opening with windows key - Similar Threads - toshiba laptop opening

2. My Toshiba laptop is running Windows 10 but my window setting button will not open...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Toshiba laptop is running Windows 10 but my window setting button will not open...: Tried to go into settings to use multiple screens and also check for windows updates but when you click/double click on my window setting button will not open settings, it briefly appears on screen with the cog but then shuts down?...
  3. My Toshiba laptop is running Windows 10 but my window setting button will not open...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Toshiba laptop is running Windows 10 but my window setting button will not open...: Tried to go into settings to use multiple screens and also check for windows updates but when you click/double click on my window setting button will not open settings, it briefly appears on screen with the cog but then shuts down?...
  4. My Toshiba laptop is running Windows 10 but my window setting button will not open...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Toshiba laptop is running Windows 10 but my window setting button will not open...: Tring to go into settings to use multiple screens and also check for windows updates but when you click/double click on my window setting button will not open settings, it briefly appears on screen with the cog but then shuts down?...
  5. Few keys on my Toshiba Laptop have stopped working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Few keys on my Toshiba Laptop have stopped working: I have been using this Toshiba Satellite L50T-A196 laptop for 8 years now. The keyboard has never been a problem in this laptop but since last month few keys are not working. These are Caps Lock key, Letter "x", "c", "v", "m" and left control key.These keys work by themselves...
  6. Toshiba function key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Toshiba function key: [IMG]I’m using a toshiba laptop, forgot exactly how old, but the problem is really just annoying. Whenever I use the function key to turn on the numpad overlay, I get the message saying its on but the problem is the message doesn’t go away and stays there bothering me. Please...
  7. Toshiba Laptops

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Toshiba Laptops: Many are having issues with certain Toshiba Laptops running 1903.I rolled back to 1803 but I,m still being offered 1903.Is there any way we could elevate this so MS blocks it? Feed Back Hub has not prevented us from being offered 1903....
  8. Toshiba laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Toshiba laptop: I have a USB devise to make my PC go faster, it say's plug in turn PC on and hold the reboot button, but I don't no what button that is. Can you help me please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-laptop/3a56aa55-9077-43b9-8d6a-223d4714944c
  9. Toshiba Laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Toshiba Laptop: I had to restart my laptop to clear it for my mom to use. When setting it back up the wrong email was entered for microsoft. My gmail is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** but it used *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. It is stuck at the login screen. I...
  10. My toshiba satellite laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My toshiba satellite laptop: Windows freezes up and i’ve tried all the tricks on resetting but it won’t even let me log off. Have to turn off manully. At my wits end. Can’t do nothing with it....