Windows 10: My toshiba video does not work on my laptop since windows 10 update, why?

Discus and support My toshiba video does not work on my laptop since windows 10 update, why? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; WHY DOES MY TOSHIBA VIDEO PLAYER WORK ON WINDOWS 10 SINCE THE LAST UPDATE, WHY?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by T Harrison, Nov 16, 2018.

1. My toshiba video does not work on my laptop since windows 10 update, why?

WHY DOES MY TOSHIBA VIDEO PLAYER WORK ON WINDOWS 10 SINCE THE LAST UPDATE, WHY?

:)

T Harrison, Nov 16, 2018
  2. flamer Win User

No USB ports working on toshiba laptop

Hi guys,

Got an old Toshiba laptop, satellite l500d pslk0a-00r009
    Its old and doesn't officially support win10. However I have it installed and everything works fine except USB. All the ports seem completely dead, plugging in a USB mouse I get no light on the mouse. USB flash drives don't work either. This was previously working under win7.

The issue seems to be I don't have "Generic USB hub" in device manager. Have tried to manually install it using add legacy hardware but it wont take. I have several USB root hub and others listed, but not the generic hub.

Here's what I have tried so far:

Uninstall all USB device in device managers and reboot
    Confirmed BIOS is latest version
    tried both legacy and compatibly USB mode in BIOS
    Download and install generic win10 USB drivers
    Disable USB power saving mode
    Installed toshiba's service center, no updates available
    Ran MS troubleshooter/fixit

I think the next step is to give up, but does anyone else have any suggestions?

thanks

flamer, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Vault55 Win User
    Toshiba video player app not working after Windows 10 update

Three days ago I was happily following my yoga on my Toshiba laptop using the Toshiba video player app, but after the Windows update my video player does not work. Toshiba has no drivers that will remedy this, so I am looking to windows to help me out.
    Is there a way windows can fix my toshiba issue with my video player?

Vault55, Nov 16, 2018
  4. My toshiba video does not work on my laptop since windows 10 update, why?

Windows 10 Drivers for Toshiba Laptop

Can someone please get me a list of the required drivers for Windows 10 for my Toshiba laptop.

Also, can someone please assist me with my Toshiba Face Recognition feature? Whenever I try to unlock my computer with my face, it is not recognizing it. There has to be a reason why it isn't working. There is no tape over the webcam lens housing.

My Specs are listed in the Specs area of this forum.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Jesse Williams, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

My toshiba video does not work on my laptop since windows 10 update, why?

1. My toshiba video does not work on my laptop since windows 10 update, why? - Similar Threads - toshiba video does

2. Why does my Toshiba laptop so slower than unusual?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my Toshiba laptop so slower than unusual?: My 9 years ago Satellite L55-A5226 which I received as a gift last January 2014, and now it occasionally some apps or software are not responding mostly up to a seconds and sometimes it is about up to 30 seconds long. And it happens in mostly file manager as well task manager...
  3. Why does my Toshiba laptop so slower than unusual?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Toshiba laptop so slower than unusual?: My 9 years ago Satellite L55-A5226 which I received as a gift last January 2014, and now it occasionally some apps or software are not responding mostly up to a seconds and sometimes it is about up to 30 seconds long. And it happens in mostly file manager as well task manager...
  4. Why does my Toshiba laptop so slower than unusual?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. The mouse of the touchpad on my toshiba laptop is not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The mouse of the touchpad on my toshiba laptop is not working.: Hi, The mouse of my Toshiba laptop with windows 10 is not working. When I use external mouse, it does show the arrow and works properly. Without the external mouse, only the click touch screen works, but not the touch pad. Any advice?...
  6. why is my brothers printer not working no more since the update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why is my brothers printer not working no more since the update: for some reason brothers printer is not working with the update , brothers costomer service said to get ahold of Microsoft to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/why-is-my-brothers-printer-not-working-no-more/6039ac85-9ab1-4551-9792-07c5742495e3
  7. why is my Toshiba laptop not updating to version 1809

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    why is my Toshiba laptop not updating to version 1809: why is my Toshiba laptop not updating to version 1809 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delacree/9b7af48c-3471-4301-a789-9951a39fb662"
  8. Windows 10 will not boot on my Toshiba laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 will not boot on my Toshiba laptop: Hi, hope someone can help me! I left my laptop on overnight about a week ago and when I tried to use it in the morning it was frozen on a black screen. When I rebooted it, it tried to run automatic repair and has been in a loop ever since. I can get to a command prompt and...
  9. Windows 10 fails to update on my Toshiba laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 fails to update on my Toshiba laptop: First about the device: It's a Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5209 laptop from 2012. It came preloaded with Win7 Home Premium, I upgraded to Win10 Home in free upgrade program. It's battery can't charge, I'm using it only pluged-in. It appeares to have some software Wi-Fi issues...
  10. Why does my laptop camera not work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my laptop camera not work.: For some strange reason my laptop camera is not working it just shows a grey page with a black camera on it with a line going through it any help please?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. toshiba video player update 2018