Windows 10: My touch screen is not working correctly, and I want to turn it off...

Discus and support My touch screen is not working correctly, and I want to turn it off... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I already tried going to device manager, but my computer just won't open device manager, and touch settings won't show up in control panel. WHAT DO I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ken Drummond, Oct 2, 2018.

1. My touch screen is not working correctly, and I want to turn it off...

I already tried going to device manager, but my computer just won't open device manager, and touch settings won't show up in control panel. WHAT DO I DO!?!

P.S. I already tried restarting... and that didn't help...

:)

Ken Drummond, Oct 2, 2018
  2. Dani Pun Win User

Touch screen not working

Were you able to see if your driver is up to date?

We suggest to update the touch screen driver and check for resolution.

Follow the steps provided:

• Press Windows key and X on your desktop and click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices.
    • Locate the Touch screen driver.
    • Right-click on the driver icon and click on Update Driver Software.
    • Click on Search automatically for the updated driver software.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the touch screen driver.

Dani Pun, Oct 2, 2018
  3. Screen turns black, system "hybernating"

Turned it on - after almost an entire day without touching it - and worked for 3 hours before the same screen black, system hibernating happened again.

Checked the temperature throughout and the cores registered at max 56 and 50.

Suggestions?

trail_of_fiends, Oct 2, 2018
  4. My touch screen is not working correctly, and I want to turn it off...

Touch screens

I can do 60 words per minute on my phone, perhaps more now as I've got used to the phone. ( htc desire z, using the stock onscreen keyboard)

Touch screen + predictive text I recon I could equal my keyboard typing speed. Maybe beat it depending on how advance the predictions are.

( hard to use predictive software on traditional keyboards as there is no way to quickly choose the suggested word, where as touch screen keyboards can have the suggested words appear above the function keys)

pantherx12, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

My touch screen is not working correctly, and I want to turn it off...

1. My touch screen is not working correctly, and I want to turn it off... - Similar Threads - touch screen working

2. Touch pad not turning off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touch pad not turning off: Good day.No matter what i try, the touch pad doesnt turn off, even if i change the settings. When i go into device manager the touch pad doesnt even show up. Before i had it set such that if the mouse was connected, the touchpad wouldnt work, but that doesnt work at all....
  3. Touch pad not turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch pad not turning off: Good day.No matter what i try, the touch pad doesnt turn off, even if i change the settings. When i go into device manager the touch pad doesnt even show up. Before i had it set such that if the mouse was connected, the touchpad wouldnt work, but that doesnt work at all....
  4. Touch pad not turning off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Touch screen doesn't turn off settings ignored

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Touch screen doesn't turn off settings ignored: Neither the option to turn off the screen nor the screen saver are working.I have a portable Uperfect touch screen connected via USB-C thunderbold to a NUC11PAHi5 desktop.I have Logitech bluetooth mouse and keyboard.After several minutes without touching the mouse and the...
  6. Touch screen doesn't turn off settings ignored

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch screen doesn't turn off settings ignored: Neither the option to turn off the screen nor the screen saver are working.I have a portable Uperfect touch screen connected via USB-C thunderbold to a NUC11PAHi5 desktop.I have Logitech bluetooth mouse and keyboard.After several minutes without touching the mouse and the...
  7. I want to turn off "Swiped words" from my touch keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to turn off "Swiped words" from my touch keyboard: The device I use is a STIP and I have tried my best to stop the swiped words but I couldn't. My STIP does have detachable keyboard but it was malfunctioning on me so I opted to use my onscreen keyboard. The problem is when I type quickly a blue streak appears on my keyboard...
  8. How to turn off the touch screen edge swipe?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to turn off the touch screen edge swipe?: Hello, I have a surface pro 7 and for the life of me I cant find how to turn off the incredibly disruptive touch screen edge swipe. Im trying to hold my tablet and it just starts swiping left and right because the sensitivity is too high. How to I turn off the edge swipe?...
  9. how do i turn off my touch screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how do i turn off my touch screen: how do I turn off the touch screen on my computer and or fix it the sensors on my touch screen are really spazzy they registered that my finger is touching the screen when I'm not like when I'm playing a game or typing my paper or watching a video all of a sudden my screen...
  10. Turning off Touch Screen on the computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Turning off Touch Screen on the computer: Split from this thread. Oh ok. Then can you help me on turning off my touch screen on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/turning-off-touch-screen-on-the-computer/d5140994-e1ba-4eb5-a793-018593754ad9