Windows 10: my Touch screen on my HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-p117na (ENERGY STAR) won't work

Discus and support my Touch screen on my HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-p117na (ENERGY STAR) won't work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I got my laptop a few years ago and my touchscreen used to work when it was in tablet mode. One day the touch screen started working intermittently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HopeSwan, Apr 27, 2019.

1. HopeSwan Win User

my Touch screen on my HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-p117na (ENERGY STAR) won't work

So I got my laptop a few years ago and my touchscreen used to work when it was in tablet mode. One day the touch screen started working intermittently the suddenly stopped working altogether and that was round about the time my system updated to widows 10. I just thought it was the windows update that caused it as alot of things stopped working on my laptop then resolved themselves. I have tried all fixes such as checking my pen and touch driver (no longer exist anymore) and there a message that says no pen or touch input available on this display. I have tried all recommended fixes on the internet that i can find but none have worked. I also noticed that a lot of the fixes mentioned USB and HID drivers but i do not have any on my device manager. I only have two HID drivers which are wireless radio controls and HP wireless button driver.

Can anyone please help me with restoring my touch and pen drivers.

thank you

:)

HopeSwan, Apr 27, 2019

2. Why HP Pavilion 14-n201tu Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR) taping not working after update to windows 10 pro

Hi,

HP Pavilion 14-n201tu Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)

After updation of win 10 pro my HP Pavilion 14-n201tu Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR) not working touch pad taping feature

I tried many steps which is shown in forums and youtube etc etc

but not done till now , am i wasted my money ?

why microsoft and HP not solving this problem ?

Bhuvan PrasadK, Apr 27, 2019
  3. Bluetooth for HP NoteBook -15-ba004ds (Energy Star) ?

To Whom it May Concern;

I just purchased a "NEW" , HP NoteBook -15-ba004ds (Energy Star) Laptop which is running Win10 Home x64 ver 1607 O.S., that apparently came from HP with "NO BLUETOOTH". Currently, in Settings, Devices, "BLUETOOTH" is included in the Devices Title only,
    but, "BLUETOOTH" is not listed. So far everything that I've done to resolve this issue has failed!

1.) In Services, I've successfully started both Bluetooth Support and Bluetooth Hands free Services.

2.) In Device Manager, with Hidden Devices selected, It did not show any BLUETOOTH Device/s or Icon/s that I could find.

3.) After running Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter, it never indicated "ANYTHING" related to why "BLUETOOTH" is "NOT" listed in Settings, Devices. (ALL it did indicate was that my Ethernet Card is Disabled, which I chose to do because I never plan on
    using ETHERNET.)

4.) On the HP website, specifically for this model - (HP NoteBook -15-ba004ds (Energy Star) , under Support, Software and Drivers, I did not see where any "BLUETOOTH SUPPORT" of any kind was offered, nor did I see, any recommendation of "ANY" HP, USB dongle
    adapter for this model under Accessories. However I did find under Software and Drivers, Network, 3, "BLUETOOTH" Drivers which, at first, it appeared that the Realtek, Intel or Broadcom Bluetooth Drivers were compatible with this Computer, BUT, still, I can't
    find "BLUETOOTH", listed anywhere, either in, Settings, Devices, or in the Device Manager.

5.) I've been reluctant to buy a Universal USB Dongle Adapter from a Third Party Manufacturer, as it's been my experience that if the "BLUETOOTH" is not specifically setup for your System the Third party Universal USB Dongle Adapters are very unreliable
    at best, if they work at all.

Any new suggestions in resolving this issue will be greatly appreciated! Thank You!

j80r59mm95r08j, Apr 27, 2019
  4. Shilohbob Win User

Bluetooth for HP NoteBook -15-ba004ds (Energy Star) ?

Your post is confusing, in your first paragraph you say: "that apparently came from HP with "NO BLUETOOTH

"I just purchased a "NEW" , HP NoteBook -15-ba004ds (Energy Star) Laptop which is running Win10 Home x64 ver 1607 O.S., that apparently came from HP with "NO BLUETOOTH". Currently, in Settings,
    Devices, "BLUETOOTH" is included in the Devices Title only, but, "BLUETOOTH" is not listed. So far everything that I've done to resolve this issue has failed!"

The HP website states only specific models support 'Bluetooth'

You also say:

"2.) In Device Manager, with Hidden Devices selected, It did not show any BLUETOOTH Device/s or Icon/s that I could find"

Which indicates 'Bluetooth' is not supported!!!!!

It appears your model does not support 'Bluetooth', you do not have a 'Bluetooth' adapter installed.

A 'Bluetooth' dongle appears to be your only option.

Shilohbob, Apr 27, 2019
Thema:

1. my Touch screen on my HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-p117na (ENERGY STAR) won't work - Similar Threads - Touch screen Pavilion

2. My touch screen on my Windows 11 laptop stopped working on my HP Pavilion 15-cr0000x360

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My touch screen on my Windows 11 laptop stopped working on my HP Pavilion 15-cr0000x360: I did all the test, and it says its working fine and it has the best drivers but when I installed windows 11 it stopped working. Now I wish I never upgraded to 11. I dont know what to do Im a senior citizen....
  3. My touch screen on my Windows 11 laptop stopped working on my HP Pavilion 15-cr0000x360

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My touch screen on my Windows 11 laptop stopped working on my HP Pavilion 15-cr0000x360: I did all the test, and it says its working fine and it has the best drivers but when I installed windows 11 it stopped working. Now I wish I never upgraded to 11. I dont know what to do Im a senior citizen....
  4. HP Pavilion X360 touch screen not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Pavilion X360 touch screen not working: Hey, I had to reset my notebook PC. After the reset, the touch screen has stopped working. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-x360-touch-screen-not-working/0a2f0785-66d2-48a1-ada9-a66c824572b0
  5. HP Pavilion X360 touch screen not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Pavilion X360 touch screen not working: Hey, I had to reset my notebook PC. After the reset, the touch screen has stopped working. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-x360-touch-screen-not-working/0a2f0785-66d2-48a1-ada9-a66c824572b0
  6. HP Pavilion touch screen issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Pavilion touch screen issues: Hey guys. I own a HP Pavilion 11 x360. A few days ago, I noticed that its touch screen isn't not responding. Please help me out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-touch-screen-issues/aa845b09-a410-4421-bebc-3f29d0a8d634
  7. What is Energy Star on my HP? Can I remove it?

in Windows 10 News
    What is Energy Star on my HP? Can I remove it?: [ATTACH]Have you bought a new HP PC and seen the Energy Star sticker on it and a program on the PC? If you have wondered what that is, this guide will help you know what Energy Star on your HP computer and let you know if you can remove it or not. What is Energy […] This...
  8. Bluethooth not working HP pavilion 15

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluethooth not working HP pavilion 15: Bluetooth Drivers for Hp in windows 10 Model HP pavilion. I have tried all options first it was working well with mediatek BT adaptor and now it automatically takes ralink drivers. When I try to add Bluetooth it say no Bluetooth available in PC I have tried almost all...
  9. key pad way to sensitive to touch on my HP Pavilion Notebook .

in Windows 10 Customization
    key pad way to sensitive to touch on my HP Pavilion Notebook .: The key pad will go crazy a lot of times, it always zooms high, or low, and it will even kick me out of the site im on, its just way to sensitive to the touch ?...
  10. HP 250 G5 Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR) wont power on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HP 250 G5 Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR) wont power on: On 5/30/19 my laptop was working fine. But the next day on 5/31/19 i tried to cut on my laptop. But no avail. I tried to hold the power button down for 30s and nothing. The charger works fine(LED light is on) and nothing has heen wet or damaged. Everything from the screen to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my touch screen on my hp pavilion 15 hasnt worked since i got it

2. hp pavilion ignoring touch input in tablet mode