Windows 10: my touch screen stopped responding to touch

Discus and support my touch screen stopped responding to touch in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My touch screen still displays fine and responds to mouse movements and keyboard input, but my touch screen suddenly stopped responding to touch. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CatherineWhitwer, Oct 4, 2018.

1. my touch screen stopped responding to touch

My touch screen still displays fine and responds to mouse movements and keyboard input, but my touch screen suddenly stopped responding to touch. My device driver shows only a generic PNP monitor with a generic Microsoft driver. Also under human interface devices, the HID compliant touch screen is missing. I was able to locate a likely driver file but it is disabled and I don't know how to enable it. HELP! I keep reaching for the screen out of habit. it is really frustrating!

:)

CatherineWhitwer, Oct 4, 2018

2. Touch screens

I can do 60 words per minute on my phone, perhaps more now as I've got used to the phone. ( htc desire z, using the stock onscreen keyboard)

Touch screen + predictive text I recon I could equal my keyboard typing speed. Maybe beat it depending on how advance the predictions are.

( hard to use predictive software on traditional keyboards as there is no way to quickly choose the suggested word, where as touch screen keyboards can have the suggested words appear above the function keys)

pantherx12, Oct 4, 2018
  3. Touch screen stops responding

your touch screen might be damaged look for any cracks on screen , maybe some one drop it stepped on it ect..

#Alberto_Flores, Oct 4, 2018
  4. my touch screen stopped responding to touch

touch screen

Hi,

We sure can provide some troubleshooting steps before you decide to get help from your laptop's manufacturer. Please follow the suggested solutions below:

Method 1: Check if the touch screen driver is enabled.

• In the Search bar, type Device Manager.
    • Locate Human Interface Devices and look for touch screen.
    • Right-click touch screen and check if it is enabled. If not, please enable it.
    Method 2: Reinstall the touch screen driver.

• In Device Manager, go to Human Interface Devices.
    • Locate touch screen again and right-click it to Uninstall
      the driver.
    • Restart your PC to automatically install the driver.
    Feel free to post back for updates.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

my touch screen stopped responding to touch

1. my touch screen stopped responding to touch - Similar Threads - touch screen stopped

2. My touch screen stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My touch screen stopped working: My HP laptop touch screen has stopped working. When I go to view pen and touch info it says 'No pen or touch input is available for this display'. I also went to device manager to update the hid-compliant touch screen driver but it's not listed. I then went to HP support to...
  3. My touch screen stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My touch screen stopped working: My HP laptop touch screen has stopped working. When I go to view pen and touch info it says 'No pen or touch input is available for this display'. I also went to device manager to update the hid-compliant touch screen driver but it's not listed. I then went to HP support to...
  4. Touch screen responds on a different monitor

Touch screen responds on a different monitor: I have Windows 10 and have 3 screens connected to the pc. When using the system for my Flight Sim X-Plane12 I use screen1 for the moving map display, screen2 Generic touch screen for my instruments and switches and screen3 for my simulator.When I touch screen2, a mark appears...
  5. My touch screen stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My touch screen stopped working: I have a dell xps13 9310 laptop with touch screen that came with windows 10 pro. It worked until about a week ago. Spoke with the VERY USELESS Dell Premium Support Plus folks and they were unable to resolve anything. We did see that under device manager the HID touchscreen...
  6. My touch screen stopped working

My touch screen stopped working: I have a dell xps13 9310 laptop with touch screen that came with windows 10 pro. It worked until about a week ago. Spoke with the VERY USELESS Dell Premium Support Plus folks and they were unable to resolve anything. We did see that under device manager the HID touchscreen...
  7. My touch screen stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My touch screen stopped working: My touchscreen stopped working on when i got windows 10 pro 1909 version but tablet mode is still on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-touch-screen-stopped-working/3a8fa729-c97c-4819-9f9c-f20e16be6bf1
  8. My touch screen stopped working

My touch screen stopped working: My touchscreen stopped working on when i got windows 10 pro 1909 version but tablet mode is still on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-touch-screen-stopped-working/3a8fa729-c97c-4819-9f9c-f20e16be6bf1
  9. My touch screen stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. my touch-screen laptop is not responding to touch screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my touch-screen laptop is not responding to touch screen: -----------------------------context-----------------------------ok so this happened out of the blue, I was just chilling on my laptop when i tried to use my touch screen it did not work, thinking it was just some dumb issue and a restart would work, continued with what I was...