Windows 10: my touch sreen no longer works after last update

Discus and support my touch sreen no longer works after last update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my touch screen wont work after last update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mark10nt, Dec 3, 2020.

1. mark10nt Win User

my touch sreen no longer works after last update

my touch screen wont work after last update

:)

mark10nt, Dec 3, 2020
  2. Dani Pun Win User

Touch screen not working

Were you able to see if your driver is up to date?

We suggest to update the touch screen driver and check for resolution.

Follow the steps provided:

• Press Windows key and X on your desktop and click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Human Interface Devices.
    • Locate the Touch screen driver.
    • Right-click on the driver icon and click on Update Driver Software.
    • Click on Search automatically for the updated driver software.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the touch screen driver.

Dani Pun, Dec 3, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 Update my touchscreen no longer works

Hi Brandon,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your touch Screen. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Method 2: Compatibility mode

If updating the driver didn’t help, then I would suggest you download the Windows 8.1 touch screen display driver and install it in Windows 8.1 compatibility mode and check if it works. Refer to these steps:

• Right click the driver installation file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select Windows 7, then tap or click OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Dec 3, 2020
  4. elbeasto Win User

Store Live Tile no longer works

Sorry I didn't finish editing that post.

it's up there now post #6.

elbeasto, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

1. my touch sreen no longer works after last update - Similar Threads - touch sreen longer

2. the last update stopped the working of the touch screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the last update stopped the working of the touch screen: the recent update stopped the working of the touch screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-last-update-stopped-the-working-of-the-touch/ed832afa-32c0-40e0-8d3c-fde373da4e57
  3. the last update stopped the working of the touch screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    the last update stopped the working of the touch screen: the recent update stopped the working of the touch screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-last-update-stopped-the-working-of-the-touch/ed832afa-32c0-40e0-8d3c-fde373da4e57
  4. the last update stopped the working of the touch screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. my touch screen no longer works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my touch screen no longer works: so i was trying to fix a USB problem i was having and in the process i somehow got rid of my touchscreen. [ATTACH] so there was another device named the same as the one circled so there were 2 with the same name and so i deleted the first one i was trying to fix a USB...
  6. touch screen no longer works after win 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touch screen no longer works after win 10 update: I have tried resetting, testing in bios mode, device manager recommendations and everything that I have found online without any success. I did however learn that the HP touchscreens are now a win 10 controlled device/issue and they are trying to fix it, have been for a...
  7. Printer no longer working from computer after last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer no longer working from computer after last update: My HP Envy 7645 quit printing from the computer after the last update. It does print from our iphones though. Is there a phone number I can call and actually speak with a human being to get this fixed? I have tried everything I can think of and have already spent hours on...
  8. Black sreen after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black sreen after update: I was checking for downloads on W10, and it said my computer needed to restart...ok so I clicked restart now,...……..comp came back on and did the windows screen, my account, then black screen. I tried to restart 2x...same result...did ctrl-alt-delete, changed users to my...
  9. Touch Keyboard problems after last update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touch Keyboard problems after last update: I have always used the touch keyboard on my desktop PC. Not to be confused with the on-screen keyboard, which I don't use. Ever since yesterday's Windows 10 updates and Net Framework updates, when I click on the touch keyboard not only does it no longer open, but the taskbar...
  10. Touch Keyboard problems after last update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touch Keyboard problems after last update: I have always used the touch keyboard on my desktop PC. Not to be confused with the on-screen keyboard, which I don't use. Ever since yesterday's Windows 10 updates and Net Framework updates, when I click on the touch keyboard not only does it no longer open, but the taskbar...