Windows 10: My touchpad cursor tends to disappear. I usually have to reboot for it to reappear, but...

Discus and support My touchpad cursor tends to disappear. I usually have to reboot for it to reappear, but... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My touchpad cursor is missing. Any ideas on how to get it back?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by valiantbrother, Oct 7, 2018.

1. My touchpad cursor tends to disappear. I usually have to reboot for it to reappear, but...

My touchpad cursor is missing. Any ideas on how to get it back?

:)

valiantbrother, Oct 7, 2018
  2. wittier Win User

Cursor / Mouse Pointer disappears from screen, doesn't reappear

Cursor / Mouse Pointer disappears from screen, doesn't reappear

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
    HP Envy x360

Frequently the cursor arrow / mouse pointer disappears from the screen. I sometimes can move the pointer up to the top of the screen using the touchpad and sometimes it will return to being viewable. It's as if the pointer/cursor is sometimes hidden when it's positioned in the body of the screen but reappears when it's up in the header. Moving my finger around the touchpad doesn't recover the pointer until I move to the top of the touchpad. I can see that the app is reacting as if the cursor is over items on the screen (they flicker for example) but the arrow does not appear.

The app I use most is Chrome. I don't think it's an app issue but will try to monitor whether it happens in other apps as well.

More effective in recovering the pointer is touching the touch screen and then the touchpad and the mouse pointer then reappears.

I've tried resizing and changing the color of the mouse pointer in Windows Settings, but this didn't change the issue.

How can I make the cursor / mouse pointer arrow disappear less often and, if it disappears, make it come back by just touching the touchpad?

wittier, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Kevin_KK Win User
    How to prevent the mouse cursor from moving up/down when scrolling on touchpad

Thanks for your reply.

Yes. There are a number of different cases. Take UWP application "Microsoft News" and traditional windows application Chrome browser as an example:

• If "Microsoft News" is of the focus, and if the mouse cursor is within "Microsoft News", when I scroll down using two fingers on touchpad, the mouse cursor first disappears and reappears to the bottom of the original position as a small dot, which also
      moves down on screen. After I stop scrolling, the small dot disappears, and the mouse cursor does not reappear, until I move the mouse on touchpad with a single finger.
    • If "Microsoft News" is of the focus, but if the mouse cursor is within "Chrome" browser, when I scroll down using two fingers, "Chrome" browser becomes the focus (which should not have happened), and the mouse cursor completely disappears. It won't reappear
      immediately after I stop scrolling and move the mouse with a single finger, but reappear in one or two seconds from the neighborhood of where I would expect it to be. So in this case: 1. I won't expect "Chrome" becomes the focus but it will; and 2. I cannot
      predict precisely where the mouse cursor will reappear on the screen.
    • If "Chrome" is of the focus, but if the mouse cursor is within "Microsoft News", the "Microsoft News" becomes the focus, which shouldn't have happened either. Then the mouse cursor becomes a small dot, which is the same as the first case.
    • If "Chrome" is of the focus, and if the mouse cursor is within "Chrome" window, nothing suspicious happens.
    • For the above four cases, if I scroll using a physical mouse rather than a touchpad, nothing suspicious happens.
    This issue takes place every time when a UWP application and a traditional window application are both visible on screen.

More issues:

• When two UWP applications are both visible, if one scrolls (not tested with a mouse yet, only on touchpad) over the app not in focus, it becomes the focus, which shouldn't have happened.
    • When two traditional windows applications are both visible, if one scrolls (not tested with a mouse yet, only on touchpad) over the application not in focus, the scrolling speed becomes
      very fast, even if the speed has been set to slow in the touchpad setting panel.
    Probably there's no way but waiting for update. But if there's anything I can do to fix them, it would be of great help. Thanks again.

P.S. I'm using Samsung laptop preinstalled with Windows 10 Home edition. I never turn off Windows update.

Kevin_KK, Oct 7, 2018
  4. My touchpad cursor tends to disappear. I usually have to reboot for it to reappear, but...

cursor has disappeared

My cursor has disappeared on my new laptop and I can't get it back. I've checked to see if the driver is updated, I've checked the devise settings in the control panel, I've rebooted - I've done everything suggested on the usual online help sites. Any
    other suggestions? If I didn't have the touch screen, I couldn't do anything.

WilliamCalkins2, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

My touchpad cursor tends to disappear. I usually have to reboot for it to reappear, but...

1. My touchpad cursor tends to disappear. I usually have to reboot for it to reappear, but... - Similar Threads - touchpad cursor tends

2. Text Left of Cursor Disappearing Then Reappearing As I Type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text Left of Cursor Disappearing Then Reappearing As I Type: I'm experiencing an issue when typing in Word, Outlook, and even in discussion forums online. Occasionally, as I type, a letter or letters left of the cursor will disappear, and then reappear when I type the next letter. Also, I sometimes see artifacts on the tabs in Excel...
  3. Text Left of Cursor Disappearing Then Reappearing As I Type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text Left of Cursor Disappearing Then Reappearing As I Type: I'm experiencing an issue when typing in Word, Outlook, and even in discussion forums online. Occasionally, as I type, a letter or letters left of the cursor will disappear, and then reappear when I type the next letter. Also, I sometimes see artifacts on the tabs in Excel...
  4. cursor keeps disappearing and reappearing in the middle of a word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cursor keeps disappearing and reappearing in the middle of a word: My cursor keeps slipping away and reapearing in the middle of a preaviously typed word. I tried all possible hacks and solutions on internet, without succes. Somebody an original solution ? The problem drives me nuts!...
  5. cursor keeps disappearing and reappearing in the middle of a word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cursor keeps disappearing and reappearing in the middle of a word: My cursor keeps slipping away and reapearing in the middle of a preaviously typed word. I tried all possible hacks and solutions on internet, without succes. Somebody an original solution ? The problem drives me nuts!...
  6. TOUCHPAD NOT WORKING AND CURSOR DISAPPEARED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TOUCHPAD NOT WORKING AND CURSOR DISAPPEARED: my touchpad not working. I use Fn + F7 key but it can't help. then I go to device manager but there mice and other pointing device option is missing. Then I restart my laptop but it can't help. Then I try to install drivers from manufacturer's website and it's showing my...
  7. my touchpad cursor disappeared

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my touchpad cursor disappeared: pls help my cursor suddenly disappeared!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-touchpad-cursor-disappeared/8ee90a65-fe97-4c66-8ff4-c358714cced1
  8. Touchpad not working and cursor disappeared

Touchpad not working and cursor disappeared: Hello, I woke up today and turned on my hp laptop to find out that the cursor isn't showing, and the touchpad isn't working. I rushed to google hoping to find something to help and I stumbled upon a video in which the man says to uninstall and reinstall the touchpad drivers...
  9. HP Envy cursor disappeared touchpad not working

HP Envy cursor disappeared touchpad not working: no battery on back... tried using fn keys and rebooting to no avail, but what worked was pressing the power button on the left side of the laptop at the same time as/along with the sound/mute button on the right side of the laptop makes it power off by force rather than by...
  10. Cursor / Mouse Pointer disappears from screen, doesn't reappear

Cursor / Mouse Pointer disappears from screen, doesn't reappear: Cursor / Mouse Pointer disappears from screen, doesn't reappear Windows 10 Fall Creators Update HP Envy x360 Frequently the cursor arrow / mouse pointer disappears from the screen. I sometimes can move the pointer up to the top of the screen using the touchpad and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to make touchpad cursor reappear

2. how to make cursor reappear on dell.laptop

3. how to make cursor reappear on dell

4. how to get pointer on touchpad to reappear,
  5. make pointer reappear asus,
  6. how to reappear screeen touchpad pointer,
  7. My touch pad cost to disappear,
  8. how to make my mouse cursor reappear on hp