Windows 10: My touchpad doesn't work properly when I connect a monitor to the laptop

Discus and support My touchpad doesn't work properly when I connect a monitor to the laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop is an Ideapad s340 14 inchEver since i got it, the touchpad has been really weird, especially when plugged in using the AC Adapter. When the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mm1098, Feb 6, 2021.

1. mm1098 Win User

My touchpad doesn't work properly when I connect a monitor to the laptop

My laptop is an Ideapad s340 14 inchEver since i got it, the touchpad has been really weird, especially when plugged in using the AC Adapter. When the laptop is plugged in, or sometimes randomly, the touchpad will feel unresponsive to the point of being unusable, its speed drops significantly and it starts to feel very sluggish, even after increasing the speed, and things such as the two finger scroll and other gestures just don't work. I was very disappointed but i stuck with it since the problems mostly occurred when plugged in, until recently. I got a wireless mouse and now the touchpad seems to be permanently messed up. The touchpad used to work with a monitor connected before i got a external mouse, but now even when i disconnect the mouse, the touchpad does not work properly with the monitor in, it gets very laggy and slow. Can anyone help?

:)

mm1098, Feb 6, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

My touchpad doesn't work properly when I connect a monitor to the laptop [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Feb 6, 2021
  3. My touchPad doesn''t work!!!!

Hi Lizzy

I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

Take actions related to touchpad driver

Windows Key+X (Or right click on Start) > Click Device Manager > View tab > Show hidden devices > Expand Human Interface devices > Right click on the touchpad listed there >

A. Roll back the driver (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Click Properties > Under Drive tab, if Rollback Driver is enabled click it

B. Update driver from manufacturer's website (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Go to the website of the computer's manufacturer > See if some driver is released for your model and OS > If yes, download that > In previous option, you click Update Driver Software, in place of this, click Uninstall > Install the downloaded driver > Restart
    your computer

Source -
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17417/...

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. Will be glad to help you.

Vijay_Verma, Feb 6, 2021
  4. Bagoguts Win User

Lumia 620 doesn`t connect to computer via usb cable

Hi yall and thanks for the replies!

Unfortunately, the were of no help.

The phone isn`t listed in device manager, the list of devices doesn`t change if I have my phone connected to my computer(s). There are no mystery devices, no yellow triangle -markings or anything even remotely pointing to the direction the phone being connected.

It could be that my phone has a broken usb port, but it makes me wonder that it still charges the battery when connected to a computer.

This is not a big problem for me, that I must admit, but still, it kinda bugs me that the phone doesn`t work the way it`s supposed to work,

Anyways, if somebody comes up with something that might help, I am most grateful.

Have a great weekend yall!

-

edit: Also, I have my laptop almost always connected to charger. Tried without charger just for the heck of it, didn`t help.

Bagoguts, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

1. My touchpad doesn't work properly when I connect a monitor to the laptop - Similar Threads - touchpad doesn't properly

2. I have problem in my laptop touchpad also . It is not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have problem in my laptop touchpad also . It is not working properly: I have problem in my laptop touchpad also . It is not working properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-problem-in-my-laptop-touchpad-also-it-is/d0448794-e258-45cc-864b-7dc10890ecd6
  3. I have problem in my laptop touchpad also . It is not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have problem in my laptop touchpad also . It is not working properly: I have problem in my laptop touchpad also . It is not working properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-problem-in-my-laptop-touchpad-also-it-is/d0448794-e258-45cc-864b-7dc10890ecd6
  4. I have problem in my laptop touchpad also . It is not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. touchpad not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touchpad not working properly: why my dell laptop touch pad stop working....frequently....is any one facing the same problem....please help me out ,if any one has a solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-not-working-properly/a2917456-be63-4e6a-a39b-a710741b9518
  6. touchpad not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    touchpad not working properly: why my dell laptop touch pad stop working....frequently....is any one facing the same problem....please help me out ,if any one has a solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-not-working-properly/a2917456-be63-4e6a-a39b-a710741b9518
  7. Touchpad not working properly in Lenovo ideapad laptop

Touchpad not working properly in Lenovo ideapad laptop: My touchpad suddenly start behaving abruptly. Though my pointer moves and does normal clicking function but my touchpad buttons are not working. I have checked the "Synaptic Control Panel" settings for touchpad in control panel, in the settings when I turn on the checkbox...
  8. My touchpad doesn't work properly when I connect a monitor to the laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My touchpad doesn't work properly when I connect a monitor to the laptop: i posted on the manufacturer's forums and they gave steps to do a static discharge but that didn't help and they stopped responding, can anyone here help? I also tried downloading the latest drivers which also didn't do anything to my knowledge submitted by /u/ilikememes164...
  9. My laptop is not working properly when it connect internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My laptop is not working properly when it connect internet: When I connected internet my laptop is not working properly, it becomes hang all the time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-not-working-properly-when-it-connect/d7f9b392-92c7-4abd-b61c-be1f5b6bf38b
  10. Touchpad not working properly

Touchpad not working properly: OK so now if my touchpad is switched on the mouse cursor sometimes makes continuous erratic movements around the screen. Turning it off solves this problem. Is this a sign it's wearing out, or is there something I can do to stop this? 42868