Windows 10: My touchpad driver is messed up and I can't fix it.

Discus and support My touchpad driver is messed up and I can't fix it. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My touchpad driver worked fine when I first bought my HP EliteBook, however, my driver has not been allowing me to change scroll settings and scrolling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by H4l0365, Jun 16, 2020.

1. H4l0365 Win User

My touchpad driver is messed up and I can't fix it.

My touchpad driver worked fine when I first bought my HP EliteBook, however, my driver has not been allowing me to change scroll settings and scrolling doesn't work on it. I am posting this now because my mouse just broke and I only noticed it today, however, I need the scroll to work so that I can efficiently work from my laptop. any help would be appreciated.

:)

H4l0365, Jun 16, 2020

2. touchpad driver update

Hi Chandrahasan,

Incompatible device drivers are known to operate against the method that Windows 10 follows. We suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to scan your computer, identify the problem, and attempt to fix the issue automatically. To run the
    troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start icon and select Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Hardware and Sound > Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, uninstall the touchpad driver, then follow these steps to check if the issue is driver related:

• Right-click on the name of your PC at the top of the list of devices in
      Device Manager
    • Select Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the device driver, or download and install the latest version from the manufacturer’s website.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Jun 16, 2020
  3. No more touchpad for my laptop since upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Derek,

I would suggest the following steps :

• Press Windows + X
    • Click on Device Manager
    • Right click on TouchPad drivers in the list.
    • Choose Upgrade Drivers
    • Reboot computer

Check if this helped to fix the issue.

Vinod Archak, Jun 16, 2020
  4. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

1. My touchpad driver is messed up and I can't fix it. - Similar Threads - touchpad driver messed

2. I think I messed up my drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think I messed up my drivers: I have a laptop that used to run well. I thought it was just getting old, but recently I looked and saw that my GPU which is a 1660 TI max q was not being used. In the past I had tried to update the drivers but I think I deleted the old ones and downloaded the drivers from...
  3. I think I messed up my drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I think I messed up my drivers: I have a laptop that used to run well. I thought it was just getting old, but recently I looked and saw that my GPU which is a 1660 TI max q was not being used. In the past I had tried to update the drivers but I think I deleted the old ones and downloaded the drivers from...
  4. Driver Booster messed up my touchpad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Driver Booster messed up my touchpad: [ATTACH] My laptop: IdeaPad Gaming 3-15IMH05 Laptop - Type 81Y4 so I simply downloaded driver booster and downloaded the drivers, after that I couldn't find the cursor, so I restarted my laptop, and it didn't show up, I plugged in my mouse, and it worked. I tried looking...
  5. I can't install a touchpad driver

I can't install a touchpad driver: Hey. I am in desperate need of some help lol. I'm using a ASUS Zenbook UX430U For some reason, my touchpad stopped working out of nowhere and I've been trying to fix it by uninstalling and installing different touchpad drivers. I've tried the ASUS Smart Gesture and Synaptics...
  6. I messed up my drivers

I messed up my drivers: Hello, I've recently bought a new PC (MSI GS65 Stealth) with FreeDOS, so I installed Windows 10 from a USB key (first time I did that). My computer was very fast (9th gen i7, SSD). For example, pressing Windows + E opened the Explorer within 0.1-0.2 second. But when I...
  7. I messed up my drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I messed up my drivers: Hello, I've recently bought a new PC MSI GS65 Stealth with FreeDOS, so I installed Windows 10 from a USB key first time I did that. My computer was very fast 9th gen i7, SSD. For example, pressing Windows + E opened the Explorer within 0.1-0.2 second. But when I decided to...
  8. My Computer Storage is a Mess... And I Can't Fix It.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Computer Storage is a Mess... And I Can't Fix It.: A while ago I decided to fix up my storage to make it more convenient. My laptop has the C: drive, which is a 256 GB SSD. It also has a 1TB HDD. I partitioned that HDD into two smaller parts, which are now named Data (D:) and Files (F:). My plan was to keep my applications...
  9. I messed up my foldetr paths and i can't fix it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I messed up my foldetr paths and i can't fix it: (let you know now that my L key is mostly locked up). To make it simple, i was trying to make space on my C:/ drive and I though of moving my desktop,documents, downloads, and pictures to my other drive. when i was doing this i thought that windows would have made folders for...
  10. Display drivers messed up?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display drivers messed up?: Hey all, I updated wit windows 10 and had to immediately revert back to windows 7 because my monitor would shut off every 2-3 minutes and i would have to force restart every time. Its stressing my computer out and myself, so im wondering if this is display drivers or anything...