Windows 10: My touchpad drivers keep on disappearing and after a day or two again appears

Discus and support My touchpad drivers keep on disappearing and after a day or two again appears in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, my laptop model is Asus Vivobook 15 x505za. For the past month daily my touchpad drivers keep missing and after certain restarts again drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hari KrishnaJasti, May 5, 2020.

1. My touchpad drivers keep on disappearing and after a day or two again appears

Hi, my laptop model is Asus Vivobook 15 x505za. For the past month daily my touchpad drivers keep missing and after certain restarts again drivers appears. I tried installing the drivers again and again.

:)

Hari KrishnaJasti, May 5, 2020
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, May 23, 2020
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, May 23, 2020
  4. My touchpad drivers keep on disappearing and after a day or two again appears

touchpad driver update

Hi Chandrahasan,

Incompatible device drivers are known to operate against the method that Windows 10 follows. We suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to scan your computer, identify the problem, and attempt to fix the issue automatically. To run the
    troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start icon and select Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Hardware and Sound > Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, uninstall the touchpad driver, then follow these steps to check if the issue is driver related:

• Right-click on the name of your PC at the top of the list of devices in
      Device Manager
    • Select Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the device driver, or download and install the latest version from the manufacturer’s website.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, May 23, 2020
Thema:

My touchpad drivers keep on disappearing and after a day or two again appears

1. My touchpad drivers keep on disappearing and after a day or two again appears - Similar Threads - touchpad drivers keep

2. My wifi disappear and appear again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi disappear and appear again: Hi guys, Im using Telstra and bough a wifi adapter from Gigabyte. I've been used it for a month and now it getting some problem. My wifi name keep appear and connect to and then disappear out of nowhere for a moment and reappear, any ideas how to fix it?...
  3. My wifi disappear and appear again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wifi disappear and appear again: Hi guys, Im using Telstra and bough a wifi adapter from Gigabyte. I've been used it for a month and now it getting some problem. My wifi name keep appear and connect to and then disappear out of nowhere for a moment and reappear, any ideas how to fix it?...
  4. Elantech touchpad keeps disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Elantech touchpad keeps disappearing: Dear Microsoft team and any helpful people out there,I have an Acer Nitro 5 laptop with an Elantech mousepad. It suddenly became disabled a few weeks ago, so I searched how to fix it and found that it might be a problem with the driver. I checked on the device manager and...
  5. Elantech touchpad keeps disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Elantech touchpad keeps disappearing: Dear Microsoft team and any helpful people out there,I have an Acer Nitro 5 laptop with an Elantech mousepad. It suddenly became disabled a few weeks ago, so I searched how to fix it and found that it might be a problem with the driver. I checked on the device manager and...
  6. Elantech touchpad keeps disappearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Bluetooth driver keeps disappearing and appearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth driver keeps disappearing and appearing: I'm so annoyed hearing the sound it makes whenever it connects and disconnects. I have my Bluetooth turned on but whenever I hear the sounds, the Bluetooth icon on the bottom right side of the screen disappears and appears after a few seconds. I tried searching for methods...
  8. My mouse cursor keeps disappearing after a few days?

My mouse cursor keeps disappearing after a few days?: So a few weeks ago, I got this nice laptop. Runs great, and is overall a fine piece of machinery. The only downside after 3-4 days, my mouse cursor, while I'm asleep, just stops showing up. I do have a screensaver on, but usually when this happens, it doesn't show up either....
  9. My music files disappears and then appears again

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My music files disappears and then appears again: I have this problem with Windows Media Player, computer and also external HD where I thought I could back up my files. All of a sudden the music disappears and I couldn’t find the files anywhere but then also all of a sudden they show up. The period may take about 10 days....
  10. After update, my printer driver disappears every day

After update, my printer driver disappears every day: Hi all, I have 2 laptops I use regularly, both with Windows 10. This little one is 32 bit, the other 64. Since the last WIndows update, my HP 4630 Officejet driver won't work. In the control panel printer screen the HP printer displays in gray, and print jobs are ignored....