Windows 10: My TouchPad for my HP laptop is broken. I cannot find a way to disable or add drivers. It...

Discus and support My TouchPad for my HP laptop is broken. I cannot find a way to disable or add drivers. It... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I need to disable my Touchpad completely or reinstall the driver for my HP laptop. It will not let me in settings under TouchPad and my touchpad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by danteinhickvill, Mar 7, 2021.

1. My TouchPad for my HP laptop is broken. I cannot find a way to disable or add drivers. It...

I need to disable my Touchpad completely or reinstall the driver for my HP laptop. It will not let me in settings under TouchPad and my touchpad doesn't show up under mouse settings. How can I download a new driver or completely disable TouchPad? I'd prefer to completely disable TouchPad, since I can fix mouse issues much easier. Thanks.

:)

danteinhickvill, Mar 7, 2021
  2. Josie23 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

These 7 steps allowed me to disable my touchpad (Dell laptop, Windows 10):

1. Win Start button
    2. Type in "device manager"
    3. Select Device Manager to open it
    4. Click down arrow to left of "Mice and other..." to expand
    5. Right click Dell Touchpad
    6. Disable device
    7. Yes

My TouchPad for my HP laptop is broken.  I cannot find a way to disable or add drivers.  It... [​IMG]

My TouchPad for my HP laptop is broken.  I cannot find a way to disable or add drivers.  It... [​IMG]

Josie23, Mar 7, 2021
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Mar 7, 2021
  4. Ralph Sta Win User

My TouchPad for my HP laptop is broken. I cannot find a way to disable or add drivers. It...

disable touchpad

Hi Donna,

Disabling touchpad will depend on the make and model of your Laptop. Some models would have its own button that would allow you to disable/enable the touchpad from the keyboard. Other models would also have settings from its own driver software that would
    allow you to toggle it on/off. Since you've mentioned that your laptop is Dell, may we know the specific model?

However, if you have other pointing device to connect on your laptop (like a mouse), you can disable the touchpad through Windows settings by following these steps:

• On your keyboard, press Windows + I.
    • Click Devices.
    • Choose Touchpad.
    • Uncheck Leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected.

After performing the steps above, your touchpad will be disabled until you disconnect the other pointing device.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards.

Ralph Sta, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

My TouchPad for my HP laptop is broken. I cannot find a way to disable or add drivers. It...

1. My TouchPad for my HP laptop is broken. I cannot find a way to disable or add drivers. It... - Similar Threads - TouchPad laptop broken

2. my hp touchpad is not working, how can I find drivers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my hp touchpad is not working, how can I find drivers?: My hp laptop touch pad is not working, how can i find drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-touchpad-is-not-working-how-can-i-find/f98197b7-4769-413d-a64d-6e12e473c1d6
  3. my hp touchpad is not working, how can I find drivers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my hp touchpad is not working, how can I find drivers?: My hp laptop touch pad is not working, how can i find drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-touchpad-is-not-working-how-can-i-find/f98197b7-4769-413d-a64d-6e12e473c1d6
  4. I can't disable my laptop's touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't disable my laptop's touchpad: Since I upgraded my laptop to windows 11 the drivers my provider gave me has stopped working. For example, when I press fn+esc it should disable my laptop's touchpad and a create a pop-up showing it has been disabled. But after upgrading to win11 it stopped working. The...
  5. I can't disable my laptop's touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't disable my laptop's touchpad: Since I upgraded my laptop to windows 11 the drivers my provider gave me has stopped working. For example, when I press fn+esc it should disable my laptop's touchpad and a create a pop-up showing it has been disabled. But after upgrading to win11 it stopped working. The...
  6. I cannot find a way to contact hp

in Windows 10 Support
    I cannot find a way to contact hp: I bought a hp laptop HP envy 13t-ba000 from hp web site. It came about 8/26 after some delay. I thought I was buying a touch screen, but no. The absence of touch was was carefully hidden. I cannot find a way to contact hp. I can't get out of their help assistant, which isn't...
  7. I cannot disable the touchpad on my new HP Pavillion laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cannot disable the touchpad on my new HP Pavillion laptop: I cannot disable the touchpad on my new HP Pavillion laptop using the settings function. I tried using Device Manager with no success. The user manual doesn't get into this. Any ideas?...
  8. Elan touchpad on my HP laptop

Elan touchpad on my HP laptop: Since my laptop was in the shop and new Windows updates were downloaded, I cannot get rid of the Elan touchpad. I prefer to never use the touchpad. How do I disable this annoying device?...
  9. Cannot disable my Elan touchpad on my new HP laptop

Cannot disable my Elan touchpad on my new HP laptop: I have tried every one of the suggestions to disable this touchpad. My issue is that the ELAN tab doesn't show up like on my other computer under the additional settings. The last tab i see is Hardware. It does show the Elan Touchpad under the hardware tab, just like my other...
  10. I can't disable my touchpad on my HP Stream laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I can't disable my touchpad on my HP Stream laptop: I got a mouse to use instead of the touchpad. I am now not able to disable the touchpad. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-disable-my-touchpad-on-my-hp-stream-laptop/1f577510-a5a3-4a89-a3fb-5c5c5c57cf47"