Windows 10: My touchpad is super laggy. I’ve tried reinstalling the drivers and everything, but no...

Discus and support My touchpad is super laggy. I’ve tried reinstalling the drivers and everything, but no... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sushii- [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sushii-, Apr 27, 2020.

1. My touchpad is super laggy. I’ve tried reinstalling the drivers and everything, but no...

/u/Sushii-, Apr 27, 2020

2. touchpad driver update

Hi Chandrahasan,

Incompatible device drivers are known to operate against the method that Windows 10 follows. We suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to scan your computer, identify the problem, and attempt to fix the issue automatically. To run the
    troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start icon and select Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Hardware and Sound > Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, uninstall the touchpad driver, then follow these steps to check if the issue is driver related:

• Right-click on the name of your PC at the top of the list of devices in
      Device Manager
    • Select Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the device driver, or download and install the latest version from the manufacturer’s website.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Apr 27, 2020
  3. Touchpad gestures NOT working

Hi Abuzar,

Your touchpad drivers might be outdated or corrupted. I would suggest that you update the touchpad driver. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and X together and select
      Device Manager.
    • Locate the touchpad driver.
    • Right-click on the touchpad driver icon and click Update Driver software.
    • Click on Search automatically for Updated driver software option.

If the driver for Windows 10 is not available, download and reinstall the latest touchpad drivers from the manufacturer website.

Keep us updated.

Aileen Alf, Apr 27, 2020
  4. nxavis9 Win User

My touchpad is super laggy. I’ve tried reinstalling the drivers and everything, but no...

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

My touchpad is super laggy. I’ve tried reinstalling the drivers and everything, but no...

1. My touchpad is super laggy. I’ve tried reinstalling the drivers and everything, but no... - Similar Threads - touchpad super laggy

2. Random Black Screens-I’ve tried everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Black Screens-I’ve tried everything: Random Black Screens- I’ve tried everythingBuild:Gpu: XFX 6950xt Cpu: I5-12600kfMobo: Msi z690a-d4 wifiRam: 8x4323200mhz corsair vengeance rgbPsu: Super Flower Leadex Platinum SE 1000W 80+Cooler: H100i Elite Capellix AioCDrive: Western Digital 500gb SSDCase: Corsair 4000DA...
  3. Random Black Screens-I’ve tried everything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Black Screens-I’ve tried everything: Random Black Screens- I’ve tried everythingBuild:Gpu: XFX 6950xt Cpu: I5-12600kfMobo: Msi z690a-d4 wifiRam: 8x4323200mhz corsair vengeance rgbPsu: Super Flower Leadex Platinum SE 1000W 80+Cooler: H100i Elite Capellix AioCDrive: Western Digital 500gb SSDCase: Corsair 4000DA...
  4. Random Black Screens-I’ve tried everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Blue screen I’ve tried everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen I’ve tried everything: I need help! Ever since update I got a blue screen, I’ve tried everything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-ive-tried-everything/07918786-0943-4e62-b461-bc9f0a7928d3
  6. Blue screen I’ve tried everything

Blue screen I’ve tried everything: I need help! Ever since update I got a blue screen, I’ve tried everything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-ive-tried-everything/07918786-0943-4e62-b461-bc9f0a7928d3
  7. Laggy and unresponsive touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laggy and unresponsive touchpad: Essentially at random times the cursor will start lagging on its own even if i don't do anything. I believe it's a driver or software issue as the first few minutes the touchpad works fine so it's not the touchpad itself does anyone know a way to fix it?...
  8. Laggy and unresponsive touchpad

Laggy and unresponsive touchpad: Essentially at random times the cursor will start lagging on its own even if i don't do anything. I believe it's a driver or software issue as the first few minutes the touchpad works fine so it's not the touchpad itself does anyone know a way to fix it?...
  9. i’ve tried almost everything

in Windows 10 Customization
    i’ve tried almost everything: i have a huge problem that i can’t fix. it has to do with the internet settings. when i go to it to try and trouble shoot, i can’t even press it because it crashes when i open the status bar that you see on the left. i’ve tried countless tutorials on some ways to fix the...
  10. Help!!! I’ve tried everything but it’s not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help!!! I’ve tried everything but it’s not working: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/thatguykriss [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ibi2hc/help_ive_tried_everything_but_its_not_working/