Windows 10: My touchpad keeps turning itself off once I start up my laptop. It is seen as on in...

Discus and support My touchpad keeps turning itself off once I start up my laptop. It is seen as on in... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; It’s been like this for quite a while and I can’t find anything on how to fix this. It’s turned on in settings and even if I uninstall the driver and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TakoShen, Nov 24, 2022.

1. TakoShen Win User

My touchpad keeps turning itself off once I start up my laptop. It is seen as on in...

It’s been like this for quite a while and I can’t find anything on how to fix this. It’s turned on in settings and even if I uninstall the driver and restart my laptop, the problem still persists. I watched TechFixIT’s video on this and none of the solutions worked. Its not the touchpad itself being broken. I know that cause whenever I open up my laptop, I can see the touchpad symbol with a red cross over it, meaning it disables itself upon opening. Help

:)

TakoShen, Nov 24, 2022
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Nov 24, 2022
  3. Josie23 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

These 7 steps allowed me to disable my touchpad (Dell laptop, Windows 10):

1. Win Start button
    2. Type in "device manager"
    3. Select Device Manager to open it
    4. Click down arrow to left of "Mice and other..." to expand
    5. Right click Dell Touchpad
    6. Disable device
    7. Yes

My touchpad keeps turning itself off once I start up my laptop. It is seen as on in... [​IMG]

My touchpad keeps turning itself off once I start up my laptop. It is seen as on in... [​IMG]

Josie23, Nov 24, 2022
  4. spunk Win User

My touchpad keeps turning itself off once I start up my laptop. It is seen as on in...

Turn Off Laptop Touchpad

Each laptop manufacturer has their own option to turn off the touchpad.
    To assist you further we will need to know your specs. Make, Model #, Version of Windows 10 etc.
    We strongly suggest you fill out the My Computer section under your Profile Name in this forum so we can assist further and in the future.

spunk, Nov 24, 2022
Thema:

1. My touchpad keeps turning itself off once I start up my laptop. It is seen as on in... - Similar Threads - touchpad keeps turning

2. Touchpad keeps turning itself off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad keeps turning itself off.: Every time I restart my computer I have to go to settings and re-enable my touchpad because for some reason it keeps turning off automatically. This issue started very randomly a few days ago and I'm not sure what I should do other than keep turning it back on constantly. How...
  3. Touchpad keeps turning itself off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad keeps turning itself off.: Every time I restart my computer I have to go to settings and re-enable my touchpad because for some reason it keeps turning off automatically. This issue started very randomly a few days ago and I'm not sure what I should do other than keep turning it back on constantly. How...
  4. Precision touchpad turns off itself when i lock my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Precision touchpad turns off itself when i lock my laptop.: I use a laptop with official Precision touchpad support. all the driers have been downloader through the Windows update. My laptop is based of the ALPS touchpad. Everything works fine until I want to get to the windows sigh in page. As I lock my laptop Precision drivers...
  5. Precision touchpad turns off itself when i lock my laptop.

Precision touchpad turns off itself when i lock my laptop.: I use a laptop with official Precision touchpad support. all the driers have been downloader through the Windows update. My laptop is based of the ALPS touchpad. Everything works fine until I want to get to the windows sigh in page. As I lock my laptop Precision drivers...
  6. Precision touchpad turns off itself when i lock my laptop.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. My touchpad keeps turning itself off once I start up my laptop. It is seen as on in...

My touchpad keeps turning itself off once I start up my laptop. It is seen as on in...: It’s been like this for quite a while and I can’t find anything on how to fix this. It’s turned on in settings and even if I uninstall the driver and restart my laptop, the problem still persists. I watched TechFixIT’s video on this and none of the solutions worked. Its not...
  8. My laptop turns off by itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop turns off by itself.: Hi all, something is wrong with my laptop, when I open it and doing some stuff, it turns off by itself. What caused this issue and how do I fix it? My laptop is HP Elitebook 8540pMy RAM is 4.00GB 3.86 usableMy processor is Intel Core i5 CPU, M 520 @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHzThe...
  9. My laptop turns off by itself.

My laptop turns off by itself.: Hi all, something is wrong with my laptop, when I open it and doing some stuff, it turns off by itself. What caused this issue and how do I fix it? My laptop is HP Elitebook 8540pMy RAM is 4.00GB 3.86 usableMy processor is Intel Core i5 CPU, M 520 @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHzThe...
  10. I cannot turn my laptop's touchpad off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cannot turn my laptop's touchpad off: And it is making everything so much harder! I tried to google this problem and I haven't found a solution. This started after my last windows 10 update. The option to turn it off under Settings > Devices > Touchpad no longer exists. It disappeared with the update (theory). I...