Windows 10: My Touchpad/ mouse cursor.

Discus and support My Touchpad/ mouse cursor. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've bought my acer aspire a couple of months ago- so it's almost brand-new. I was on full screen mode watching Netflix and I did accidently spill some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by muminarahman, Nov 16, 2020.

1. My Touchpad/ mouse cursor.

I've bought my acer aspire a couple of months ago- so it's almost brand-new. I was on full screen mode watching Netflix and I did accidently spill some water onto to my keyboard, and a bit on my touchpad. I immediately patted it dry and went back onto Netflix and was able to continue watching my show as usual. Around 10 minutes later, I tried clicking pause but it wouldn't show up so I pressed escape which did. From there I tried moving my mouse cursor but failed to do so. I shut down my laptop and turned it on again 3 times, yet the mouse cursor doesn't show up on my screen. I restarted it three times as well, and it still won't show up. I'm not sure if I pressed the wrong keys whilst patting the water dry; or if the water has damaged my laptop but I've been having to use my tab key and my arrows to move around so far.

[I've tried many google recommendations such as enabling the "pressing ctrl to show my cursor" and I've used function f2, f5, f7, f8 and f10 yet it still isn't working.

Should I take it to get fixed somewhere?

:)

muminarahman, Nov 16, 2020
  2. cauyao615 Win User

Mouse and touchpad not working

Hey did exactly what you suggested and the first time i did it the mouse cursor became visible, it was at the center of the screen but i still couldnt make it move with the touchpad and i plugged in my usb mouse and that doesnt work too. I did it a few moret times but cursor never showed up again and still could make either the touchpad or the mouse to work. Do you have anymore suggestion?

cauyao615, Nov 16, 2020
  3. Mouse Cursor and pad cursor - Acer Aspire Lap Top.

Hi Tess,

Based on the description that you mentioned, you're having challenges controlling the mouse cursor. It looks like we will need more information about your concern in order to give the most appropriate advice. As such, please answer the following questions:

• Did make any changes to your computer prior to this issue (e.g. updating Windows operating system, hardware changes, etc.)?
    • Can you please tell us more description of the behavior of the mouse cursor?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to the link below for helpful tips and steps on how you can resolve this issue:

Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows

We also suggest that you update the drivers in
    Windows 10
    as this process will apply new features and fixes that are essential to your hardware drivers.

We're looking forward to your response.

Lawrence Lib, Nov 16, 2020
  4. nxavis9 Win User

My Touchpad/ mouse cursor.

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

My Touchpad/ mouse cursor.

1. My Touchpad/ mouse cursor. - Similar Threads - Touchpad mouse cursor

2. Touchpad mouse cursor vibration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad mouse cursor vibration: When I use my laptop touch at the same time as some other devices that require a lot of electricity, my mouse cursor vibrates. Is this due to changes in Voltage or Amper of current? Is using a stabilizer going to be useful?...
  3. Touchpad mouse cursor vibration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad mouse cursor vibration: When I use my laptop touch at the same time as some other devices that require a lot of electricity, my mouse cursor vibrates. Is this due to changes in Voltage or Amper of current? Is using a stabilizer going to be useful?...
  4. My touchpad cursor is not being responded to

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My touchpad cursor is not being responded to: After downloading a touchpad driver on my computer, using A Windows Driver One app, my cursor stopped working and I could not get into my computer to fix it. I got a USB mouse pointer and finished the download of the touchpad driver and my cursor came back on screen and I...
  5. My touchpad cursor is not being responded to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My touchpad cursor is not being responded to: After downloading a touchpad driver on my computer, using A Windows Driver One app, my cursor stopped working and I could not get into my computer to fix it. I got a USB mouse pointer and finished the download of the touchpad driver and my cursor came back on screen and I...
  6. my touchpad cursor disappeared

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my touchpad cursor disappeared: pls help my cursor suddenly disappeared!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-touchpad-cursor-disappeared/8ee90a65-fe97-4c66-8ff4-c358714cced1
  7. CURSOR/ TOUCHPAD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CURSOR/ TOUCHPAD: I cannot locate my cursor and it seems my touch pad is not functional https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-touchpad/efb358d4-68bd-4029-b035-dd31c097f31a
  8. Touchpad and mouse cursor moves but doesn't react to clicks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad and mouse cursor moves but doesn't react to clicks: Hi guys, my gf has a problem with her laptop (Lenovo Legion Y520-15IKBN) while everyday using or playing games: sometimes when she clicks somewhere on the screen, the desktop instantly shows up and she's unable to do anything with mouse aside from moving the cursor around (i...
  9. lost my touchpad and cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    lost my touchpad and cursor: on my gateway notebook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-my-touchpad-and-cursor/8b5aa8ac-5d9e-4d12-b8d1-bf91bbaf5b33
  10. Cursor slower than mouse/touchpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cursor slower than mouse/touchpad: My cursor tends to lag behind my touchpad when I'm using any app other than Settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/cursor-slower-than-mousetouchpad/fa312e8d-7246-4a0c-86b3-f0b5f233c32b