Windows 10: my touchpad still works though it doesn't show in the device manager

Discus and support my touchpad still works though it doesn't show in the device manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I rolled back my touch pad because it feels too much whenever I type. It still works though, just as annoying as it ever did. How can I get rid of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarionCarter, Apr 12, 2021.

1. my touchpad still works though it doesn't show in the device manager

I rolled back my touch pad because it feels too much whenever I type. It still works though, just as annoying as it ever did. How can I get rid of this ?

:)

MarionCarter, Apr 12, 2021

2. My touchPad doesn''t work!!!!

Hi Lizzy

I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

Take actions related to touchpad driver

Windows Key+X (Or right click on Start) > Click Device Manager > View tab > Show hidden devices > Expand Human Interface devices > Right click on the touchpad listed there >

A. Roll back the driver (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Click Properties > Under Drive tab, if Rollback Driver is enabled click it

B. Update driver from manufacturer's website (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Go to the website of the computer's manufacturer > See if some driver is released for your model and OS > If yes, download that > In previous option, you click Update Driver Software, in place of this, click Uninstall > Install the downloaded driver > Restart
    your computer

Source -
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17417/...

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. Will be glad to help you.

Vijay_Verma, Apr 12, 2021
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Apr 12, 2021
  4. Lizzy_843 Win User

my touchpad still works though it doesn't show in the device manager

My touchPad doesn''t work!!!!

I cant find this On that page 2 touchpad device drivers (Symantec and Elan) are listed, try installing each of those, only the correct one will install, the other one will refuse to install on the link pls give me further instructions im frustrated
    cause nothings working and its not fair. the website doesn't show whatever your saying so pls send me a link with eaxclty where im supposed t go im only 14 and im not very smart I JUST NEED HELP!!!

Lizzy_843, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

my touchpad still works though it doesn't show in the device manager

1. my touchpad still works though it doesn't show in the device manager - Similar Threads - touchpad still works

2. ASUS UX535 Touchpad not working or showing in Windows or Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS UX535 Touchpad not working or showing in Windows or Device Manager: After hours and hours I'm here. so...F6 That controls screen switcher isn't working. HID compliant touchpad is missing from device manager, and windows settings doesn't have a setting for the touchpad anymore. The screen pad is on but no touch is registered. I've uninstalled...
  3. ASUS UX535 Touchpad not working or showing in Windows or Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASUS UX535 Touchpad not working or showing in Windows or Device Manager: After hours and hours I'm here. so...F6 That controls screen switcher isn't working. HID compliant touchpad is missing from device manager, and windows settings doesn't have a setting for the touchpad anymore. The screen pad is on but no touch is registered. I've uninstalled...
  4. why my hdmi port is not working and it doesn't show on the device manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why my hdmi port is not working and it doesn't show on the device manager?: why my hdmi port is not working and it doesn't show on the device manager?my laptop model is :HP pavilion Laptop 15-dk2xxx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-hdmi-port-is-not-working-and-it-doesnt-show/663f3c41-bc99-4177-8aba-0698bdaa5658
  5. why my hdmi port is not working and it doesn't show on the device manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why my hdmi port is not working and it doesn't show on the device manager?: why my hdmi port is not working and it doesn't show on the device manager?my laptop model is :HP pavilion Laptop 15-dk2xxx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-hdmi-port-is-not-working-and-it-doesnt-show/663f3c41-bc99-4177-8aba-0698bdaa5658
  6. Elan touchpad not showing in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Elan touchpad not showing in device manager: HP Pavilion x360 11-u006tuWindows 10 I let the Device Manager update the ELAN Touchpad driver. Big mistake. Now the ELAN tab in the mouse driver control panel has disappeared. This is where I did stuff like make it so sliding my finger up and down the right side acted like...
  7. Webcam Doesn't Show In Device Manager

Webcam Doesn't Show In Device Manager: Hello, I was in a google meet when my webcam completely shut down and stopped working. I have an integrated webcam and have already looked at a fair amount of the similar threads to this to try and solve the issue but nothing has worked so far. I have a Samsung Notebook 5 and...
  8. Webcam doesn't show in device manager. Doesn't work.

Webcam doesn't show in device manager. Doesn't work.: I have an HP model 15-bs289wm. I tried accessing the integrated webcam for work and when I use the Microsoft camera app I get a message that says "We can't find your camera. Check to be sure it is connected and installed properly, that it isn't being blocked by anti-virus...
  9. My touchpad isn't working (device manager doesn't see it)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My touchpad isn't working (device manager doesn't see it): So my touchpad worked perfectly until I had to take my laptop to the service (the screen got damaged) and when I got it back I had to install windows 10 again. The problem is that my touchpad is not working anymore. I tried the Fn+F6 key combo, but nothing happend. The device...
  10. Touchpad device not showing up in device manager

Touchpad device not showing up in device manager: [ATTACH] I just installed windows 10, and i can't find my touchpad, i can't even find touchpad in the windows settings.[ATTACH] I tried to install a driver for my touchpad but i can't find one. Can someone please send me a link of a driver or tell me how to fix this...