Windows 10: My touchpad will stay in like a drag mode need help ASAP

Discus and support My touchpad will stay in like a drag mode need help ASAP in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This just started out of no where. But you know when you hold and drag and you move icons or scroll etc? Well my laptop/touchpad or clicker whatever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SarahM6, Jul 30, 2019.

1. SarahM6 Win User

My touchpad will stay in like a drag mode need help ASAP

This just started out of no where. But you know when you hold and drag and you move icons or scroll etc? Well my laptop/touchpad or clicker whatever you want to call it. It stays stuck like and I have to click sometimes 5-10 times to make it stuck for it just to be stuck like 30 seconds later. It happens so random to. It will do it for all most an hour and stop then up at another random time. I don't understand why it does this. It has affected my work. In my work I am required to work with animations and models. I'm at home worker and submit all my work from laptop. With this new issue it has already messed up hours worth of work that I put into. If you already know that work like this does have deadlines of when you have to submit your stuff. I can't keep have to fight with the touchpad to work. I can't predict when it will happen since it is such a random pattern.

I have restarted my laptop it didn't work at all.

I have done or installed anything that would cause this to happen.

I do have a security system and it doesn't show any viruses. (which I don't see why I would have a viruses when I use the same websites all the time that never caused issues)

I searched this issue and I didn't see anything of somebody with this issue. I saw freeze and lagged issue but not this. Respond as soon as possible. I just want to work in peace without this.

:)

SarahM6, Jul 30, 2019
  2. Thanatica Win User

Touchpad: Tap twice to drag

Here's how it works standardly:

1. Tap twice
    2. Hold down on the second tap
    3. Move around and you're dragging
    4. Release finger to stop dragging

Here's what I like it to do:

1. Tap twice
    2. Hold down on the second tap
    3. Move around and you're dragging
    4. Release finger
    5. Reposition finger and continue dragging by flicking the touchpad some more
    6. (repeat steps 4 & 5 as many times as desired)
    7. Release finger and perform one addditional tap to stop dragging

That's what it used to be like in the Windows 7 era with most touchpads. Some people found it annoying and disabled it, but I welcomed it.

I know dragging continues when your finger reaches the touchpad edges, but that I find greatly irritating because it looses all sense of precision. This mechanism is stupendously irritating when trying to pixel-precise drag a trackbar, or when doing some
    painting in photoshop on the go. Or just anything that requires precision.

So I'd like to disable "drag continues at touchpad edge" and enable "require additional tap to stop dragging".

So how can I do that?

If not possible, then please consider this a feature request.

Thanatica, Jul 30, 2019
  3. Easy way to selecting text using touchpad drag only like Macbook

Hello,

I love Touchpad and Gestures on Windows 10.

I use HP Envy 13 Netbook with build in Windows 10.

But I think, Windows should add important features here. 'Finger drag' to select using the Touchpad, such like MacBook magic trackpad. Selecting text everywhere
    without need to hold the Touchpad left button then drag the Touchpad!! make it easy like Apple Macbook (3 finger drag to select/highlight the Text)

LIKE THIS

You know why? Because some of devices, not have a good Touchpad button. Its hard to hold the Touchpad button and in the same time need to drag the Touchpad.

People now love to use the small or compact Deskop devices public places and situation such like restaurant, McDonald's, Starbucks, on the Train and somewhere. So if this features added on our Laptop or netbook, it's helped a lot. So user like a Programmer,
    Coder, Student can selecting the text easily to copy and paste it everywhere.

EDIT

I found the step. double tap the touch pad and drag it!

ShahDanial, Jul 30, 2019
  4. My touchpad will stay in like a drag mode need help ASAP

Click and Drag using Touchpad Win 10 without separate Left Key

Hi Mike,

Your touchpad should be able to support click and drag, scroll, and other touchpad gestures. If you're unable to that, then verify if you have a precision touchpad. Just go to
    Settings > Devices > Mouse & Touchpad. It should say Your PC has a precision touchpad under
    Touchpad.

Below are some of the gestures it should support:

• Select an item by tapping on the touchpad.
    • Scroll by placing two fingers on the touchpad and slide vertically or horizontally.
    • Do a right-click by tapping the touchpad with two fingers.
    • Drag an open window by double-tapping and dragging from the title bar.

In case you're still unable to click and drag or do other touchpad gestures, then we suggest that you get in touch with your computer manufacturer so they can further check on the case.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

My touchpad will stay in like a drag mode need help ASAP

1. My touchpad will stay in like a drag mode need help ASAP - Similar Threads - touchpad stay drag

2. Need help asap

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help asap: Someone took my pc over and are now saying they are me I have no right to my own pc and money seems to wanna help me but I'm at my breaking point in this stuff I've been trying I've been long nights where I Harley will sleep cosmic had slot of personal stuff on there and it's...
  3. need help asap

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    need help asap: so i have logged into my pc and i can open discord, opera, steam thats about it. anything else i open my games, snipping tool, task manager, run they all open for aproximitly 5 seconds before freezing and crashing. Ive restarted my PC multiple times as well as downloaded the...
  4. Need help Asap!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help Asap!: so i made a pretty stupid mistake recently, i opened dev manager and then updated all my usb hubs with a different type then after a few seconds later my keyboard and mouse stopped working but when i enter bios it works.... is there a way to reset my dev manager to default?...
  5. NEED HELP ASAP

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    NEED HELP ASAP: Okay, firstly i cannot contact microsoft anyway. No one will help me. I installed windows 10 on my pc 2 nights ago and when i woke up it asked me to sign into my Microsoft account. The email there is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** but my email is *** Email...
  6. Need help ASAP

Need help ASAP: My computer screen went black after trying to install windows My computer is on but my monitor says that there was no input detected submitted by /u/that_one_mexican810 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kcpkkn/need_help_asap/
  7. Need help ASAP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help ASAP: Hi, I am using a lenovo legion laptop. In it Touch pad is not working and couldn't found in device manager also. can you please help me to sort it out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-asap/da45d886-e153-45f4-96a1-298429da1f66
  8. Need help Asap!

Need help Asap!: So i tried connecting a ps3 controller to my PC with some program that was suggested on many youtube videos. I regret doing it because now my bluetooth mouse and keyboard dont work because it wiped the drivers i guess. How the hell do i get those drivers back if i cant use my...
  9. Need help ASAP?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help ASAP?: Hello, :) so i have a problem with my computer. when i try to download the casual Google Chrome it says "Your network adminstrator has applied a group policy that prevents installation" Someone please help out. thanks...
  10. Need help ASAP!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help ASAP!: So I've forgotten the admin password to my windows 10 computer, and the email attached to it. Every time I try to get into the restrictions/security of my computer, it's completely blocked off unless you have admin rights. Right now I'm using an account without any admin...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Touchpad stuck in a click/drag mode