Windows 10: My tower PC consistently locks up hangs on boot up and also randomly

Discus and support My tower PC consistently locks up hangs on boot up and also randomly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I tried to enable boot log and event log but am advised with Event Log "ERROR Browser connection has timed out over 3000ms." I use Google Chrome... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MichaelLish, Aug 31, 2020.

1. My tower PC consistently locks up hangs on boot up and also randomly

I tried to enable boot log and event log but am advised with Event Log "ERROR Browser connection has timed out over 3000ms." I use Google Chrome

Can you help as I need to constantly reboot until this issue temporarily stops to allow me time to enter windows 10 to see what is going on only to randomly hang again at some inconvenient point.

:)

MichaelLish, Aug 31, 2020

2. Computer Randomly locks up

Ok, so my dads pc (its in sp) completely randomly locks up.

Im not sure what the deal is.

it was working fine, i swapped boards and it game me a memory error but no big deal, fixed that. now, it locks up a few times a day, whether it is in the bios, or post screen, windows, trying to format windows ect.

Im not sure what to do! if its the board i'll rma it and give him "back" the P45 but if its ram or hdd idk...

what do you suggest?

freaksavior, Aug 31, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Aug 31, 2020
  4. My tower PC consistently locks up hangs on boot up and also randomly

New Dell PC randomly freezing/hanging

So, My new Dell XPS PC has begun to randomly hang or freeze(3-4secs) and I assume it will only get worse. The pointer will lock in place for like 3 or 4 seconds. It's 4 days old and I think a contributing factor may be that I uninstalled a bunch of stuff that came pre-loaded with the PC or it could just be a bad install. I did a windows image back up, but that was after I had removed the files and set it up to my liking. I did change a setting in nvidia's control panel, that enabled full output dynamic range, too. Any suggestion would be very welcome. Thanks.

EDIT: The problem appears to be generated by a DELL program: Dell SupportAssist Remediation Service

I uninstalled the program and the issue has been resolved. I place this here for search purposes should anyone search for a solution for similar problems.

amancandance, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

My tower PC consistently locks up hangs on boot up and also randomly

1. My tower PC consistently locks up hangs on boot up and also randomly - Similar Threads - tower consistently locks

2. pc hangs up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc hangs up: Ctrl/alt/delete gets it going again but shortly after it freezes again, any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-hangs-up/cfe33a9f-1324-4b60-98fd-2f296e3f866e
  3. Consistent trouble booting up PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Consistent trouble booting up PC: For a few days now, whenever I try to boot up my PC, it runs into problems and I'm forced to select 'Start-up Repair' from the advanced options menu. This takes over an hour to complete, and I have to do it every time I boot up my PC. Does anyone have a fix/any advice for me?...
  4. pc locks up randomly in 1909

pc locks up randomly in 1909: my hp probook 6555b keeps locking up after start up its 15 to 45 min after start up i amon 1909 latest build in preview ring. pls help windows home ed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-locks-up-randomly-in-1909/a1d99e1e-ce44-46db-81ff-f567bbfdb64c
  5. computer hangs or locks up

in Windows 10 Support
    computer hangs or locks up: evry since the 1803 my computer hangs or freezes I can move mouse and right click but I can't left click or contro alt delete doesn't help I have to manual hold power button shut down. I tried turning off the hardware accerlation on both firfox and edge but didn't help can...
  6. PC locks up randomly (No BSOD)

PC locks up randomly (No BSOD): Not sure if my title is too vague, but here is my issue. Recently built a new PC, running Win 10 pro. Had issue with graphics card and removed to RMA it. Got new CPU to utilize integrated graphics ports. Every once in a while (about once or twice a week) PC will lock-up,...
  7. PC Randomly locks up and freezes

PC Randomly locks up and freezes: Hey guys, first off I hope you all had a great Xmas and New Year... So since the update for windows that's recently dropped, I keep having random crashes, well more of a freeze, I can still see everything on the screen but nothing will respond I have to power my system...
  8. Computer Hangs Up During Boot Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Hangs Up During Boot Up: Recently, my computer hangs up at the Windows Logo screen during boot up. I have to power off and then power back on. It usually boots up on the 2nd try. Any idea what's happening, and how to fix it? HPE-510t Intel Core i5-2500 CPU @ 3.3GHz 64-bit Win10 v 1709 build...
  9. Stuck in a Hang up in booting

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in a Hang up in booting: Upgrade from Win 7 64bit to Win 10 64 bit on a Gateway laptop 3 days ago and everything worked well. This morning the laptop hung up in the booting process and wont fully load the OS. I get to the window logo, a greyed login box, and in task bar the clock and battery icon...
  10. Lock up screen issues - hang on lock up

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock up screen issues - hang on lock up: Hi All. I have a new one installed Lenovo T450s with Windows 10 Entreprise. I have joined the machine into a domain without some active GPO. When I'm at home or sitting at a customer and must unlock the screen, it takes a war! It is as if searching for the DNS server...