Windows 10: My Trackpad quit working on Windows 10 with Synaptic trackpad

Discus and support My Trackpad quit working on Windows 10 with Synaptic trackpad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I keep my computer installed with the latest Windows 10 update. Now my trackpad has quit working and I just installed an update today. Driver is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AngelaErwin1, Aug 1, 2020.

1. My Trackpad quit working on Windows 10 with Synaptic trackpad

I keep my computer installed with the latest Windows 10 update. Now my trackpad has quit working and I just installed an update today. Driver is there and I tried to update, but won't since it's current. I need to have the trackpad work. In the thread for this problem, it doesn't look like there is a solution. Whose problem is this to fix? How can I fix this?

:)

AngelaErwin1, Aug 1, 2020
  2. noejavier Win User

trackpad not working

No. Because the troubleshooting guide on device manager wont even resolve my solution as it is also a basic and one of the primary steps to do but no avail. Tried installing powerplan7 and trackpad++ suggested by relentless on apple forums but with
    no success for me. Until now i can't use windows 10 installed on my macbook pro 15inch late 2008 because of the trackpad/touchpad failure.

noejavier, Aug 1, 2020
  3. ianwuk Win User
    Latest updated Synaptics touchpad driver kills my trackpad - help!

I am running the latest build of Windows 10 (build 10240).

Now that release date is coming driver updates are arriving for my laptop (Acer ES1-111M). One of which is for the Synaptics touchpad. When I apply this driver and restart my laptop the trackpad no longer works and the new driver has an error in Device Manager and cannot start.

This device cannot start (error code 10)

The specified request is not a valid operation for the target device.

If I try to update the driver it says the latest version is installed. I have to rollback the driver to the previous one supplied by Microsoft and the trackpad works again, However the entire process repeats when the Synaptics trackpad update is automatically installed again by Windows Update.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks.

ianwuk, Aug 1, 2020
  4. My Trackpad quit working on Windows 10 with Synaptic trackpad

laptop trackpad not working after windows 10 upgrade

the Toshiba website has no windows 10 listing of drivers for my model p50w-b00f (yet).

The trackpad on/off button does nothing.

note: the trackpad does work while booting. the little circle on black screen.

SueConaghty, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

My Trackpad quit working on Windows 10 with Synaptic trackpad

1. My Trackpad quit working on Windows 10 with Synaptic trackpad - Similar Threads - Trackpad quit working

2. My trackpad is not fully working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My trackpad is not fully working: My Huawei trackpad is not fully working correctly since my laptop had a total wipe, hard drive upgrade and a new install of Windows 11 was installed.It was fully working before the above installations were made to the laptop as it oriignally had a 512gb SSD and upgraded to...
  3. My trackpad is not fully working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My trackpad is not fully working: My Huawei trackpad is not fully working correctly since my laptop had a total wipe, hard drive upgrade and a new install of Windows 11 was installed.It was fully working before the above installations were made to the laptop as it oriignally had a 512gb SSD and upgraded to...
  4. My trackpad does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My trackpad does not work: I have gone to IT, cannot uninstall a driver specific for the trackpad, purchased the laptop last November. IT expected it might be a physical issue but one driver does have an "!" next to it....
  5. My trackpad does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My trackpad does not work: I have gone to IT, cannot uninstall a driver specific for the trackpad, purchased the laptop last November. IT expected it might be a physical issue but one driver does have an "!" next to it....
  6. My trackpad does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. My trackpad stopped working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My trackpad stopped working.: My trackpad is one of those which allows me to scroll down pages with 2 fingers on it, and recently it stopped working. There have been no spills or any evident damage. It was working yesterday night, and today morning it is not working. I updated my drivers, restarted the...
  8. Trackpad not working on Windows 10

Trackpad not working on Windows 10: I got a acer computer than runs Windows 10 for Christmas, but suddenly the trackpad stopped working. Currently I am using an animating pad to navigate, but when I try to use the trackpad, the cursor doesn't appear. I've tried restarting, updating, changing it, but nothing...
  9. Trackpad not working

Trackpad not working: Hi, my trackpad does not work. Upon further investigation, I found that I don't even have a dropdown section for mice and trackpads in device manager. I looked more into the issue and I found that even on the mice settings in control panel, i don't have a driver for my...
  10. Trackpad Issues (Windows 10, Synaptics)

in Windows 10 Support
    Trackpad Issues (Windows 10, Synaptics): Hello all, Ive got some troubles with my new laptop which I cant seem to solve. For some reason I cant type and click at the same time, like when I use the WASD keys and use the trackpad clicker simultaneously in games. (NOTE, this is the case when browsing or whatever...