Windows 10: My trackpad suddenly stopped again

Discus and support My trackpad suddenly stopped again in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have a recurring problem with my trackpad in hp spectre XT pro 13-b000, it came back again. The problem I have is that my trackpad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AiBstroyer, Jul 10, 2019.

1. My trackpad suddenly stopped again

Hello everyone, I have a recurring problem with my trackpad in hp spectre XT pro 13-b000, it came back again. The problem I have is that my trackpad suddenly stopped again. I had this issue like 4 days ago but it came back yesterday. I did what I did before, that is to check the mice and pointing devices in driver manager and then check if i have there the Synaptics driver for the laptop, it's the same, I think windows tried to install a new driver and uninstalled my Synaptics driver after, so what i did was to manually download the driver. I downloaded the driver at : https://www.driverscape.com/manufacturers/hp/laptops-desktops/hp-spectrext-pro-13-b000-pc/5285, I think I downloaded a few drivers already, and a friend recommended RAPR : Rapr i installed it and just added the driver from there. But still it doesn't work. What should I do now ?

:)

AiBstroyer, Jul 10, 2019

2. Trackpad suddenly malfunctions on Windows 10

Hi all,

I have been having trouble with my trackpad for the longest time. When I start using Google Chrome on my browser, the trackpad works totally fine, but only in the first few minutes. The trackpad then starts to do funny things and not function the way it
    is supposed to. When I used to be able to scroll suddenly stops working. The cursor also frequently glitches for no reason, and the cursor does not always respond to my actions. Someone please help! I have been very stressed about this for so long My trackpad suddenly stopped again :( Thanks!

Fyi my computer is the Dell Inspiron 7548.

Thanks,

Yuuki

yuukiokazaki, Jul 10, 2019
  3. Graeme.P Win User
    Unable to disable laptop trackpad after Windows 10 update (Feb 2019)

Hi Shawn, I'm Graeme, an independent adviser here to help.

One way to disable the trackpad would be to use Device Manager. Here are the steps you can follow to do this:

- Press Windows Key+X and choose Device Manager.

- Find your trackpad in the list.

- Right-click the trackpad, and choose Uninstall Device.

This should stop the trackpad from functioning. If you want to re-enable it, you can follow the same steps and choose Enable instead.

Hopefully this helps! Please let me know if you need further support. Thanks!

Graeme.P, Jul 10, 2019
  4. My trackpad suddenly stopped again

Keyboard and trackpad stopped working since windows 10 update

Since December's update both my mouse and trackpad have stopped working. The keyboard was sticky to begin with but within a few days several keys have completely stopped working. Now the trackpad has completely stopped.

I have tried uninstalling the drivers and restarting as suggested on on another site.

Any ideas?

Treacletart, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

My trackpad suddenly stopped again

1. My trackpad suddenly stopped again - Similar Threads - trackpad suddenly stopped

2. My xiaomi notebook's trackpad suddenly stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My xiaomi notebook's trackpad suddenly stopped working.: well, i was using my laptop to create a Powerpoint slide for my upcoming presentation. But suddenly out of nowhere, my trackpad stopped working. Then I went to the device manager and saw I2C HID device with a strange sign. Then I thought maybe there is a problem with the...
  3. My xiaomi notebook's trackpad suddenly stopped working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My xiaomi notebook's trackpad suddenly stopped working.: well, i was using my laptop to create a Powerpoint slide for my upcoming presentation. But suddenly out of nowhere, my trackpad stopped working. Then I went to the device manager and saw I2C HID device with a strange sign. Then I thought maybe there is a problem with the...
  4. My audio suddenly stopped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My audio suddenly stopped: I clean installed Windows 11 on my PC, 4 days ago, and yesterday my audio suddenly stopped, I've reached out to ASrock Motherboard Supplier and they've said come to you guys, I've also reached out to AMD and am waiting for a response. I've had 3 Agents go through my PC...
  5. My audio suddenly stopped

My audio suddenly stopped: I clean installed Windows 11 on my PC, 4 days ago, and yesterday my audio suddenly stopped, I've reached out to ASrock Motherboard Supplier and they've said come to you guys, I've also reached out to AMD and am waiting for a response. I've had 3 Agents go through my PC...
  6. Trackpad stopped working suddenly on Ubuntu and Windows after installing Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trackpad stopped working suddenly on Ubuntu and Windows after installing Ubuntu 22.04 LTS: So my problem is a bit weird.My trackpad and mouse was working perfectly. I dual booted my windows 11 with Ubuntu 22.04 and my touchpad became unresponsive. I connected my mouse and it didn’t work either. I tried a few solutions from the internet and it didn’t work. ```sudo...
  7. Trackpad stopped working suddenly on Ubuntu and Windows after installing Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Trackpad stopped working suddenly on Ubuntu and Windows after installing Ubuntu 22.04 LTS: So my problem is a bit weird.My trackpad and mouse was working perfectly. I dual booted my windows 11 with Ubuntu 22.04 and my touchpad became unresponsive. I connected my mouse and it didn’t work either. I tried a few solutions from the internet and it didn’t work. ```sudo...
  8. My trackpad stopped working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My trackpad stopped working.: My trackpad is one of those which allows me to scroll down pages with 2 fingers on it, and recently it stopped working. There have been no spills or any evident damage. It was working yesterday night, and today morning it is not working. I updated my drivers, restarted the...
  9. Laptop trackpad all of a sudden stopped working. External USB mouse works.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop trackpad all of a sudden stopped working. External USB mouse works.: Hi all, I was browsing the web, when all of a sudden my mouse trackpad stopped working. The pointer just froze. I tried to restart my laptop, and this made the pointer completely disappear. Also, when I restarted the computer, it put me back through part of the Windows...
  10. Keyboard, Trackpad, Mouse stop working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard, Trackpad, Mouse stop working: For a while now my my detachable Keyboard, Trackpad and Mouse have kept stopping. It has happened before and cured itself but so far not this time. A new and odd behaviour is that after closing down and relaunching everything does work, for about two seconds only, just enough...