Windows 10: My two laptops cannot see each other

Discus and support My two laptops cannot see each other in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two laptops, each running Windows 10, and each up-to-date. They are each connected via ethernet to the same router. 1 More often than not they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SATMOfficeUser, Dec 13, 2020.

1. My two laptops cannot see each other

I have two laptops, each running Windows 10, and each up-to-date. They are each connected via ethernet to the same router.

1 More often than not they cannot see each other in Network although they can both see a 3rd PC.

In Advanced Sharing Settings they are both set to Private Network, with Network Discovery ON, File And Printer Sharing ON and Automatic Setup of Network Connected Devices ON. Password Protected Sharing is OFF.

How can I get them to see each other?

2 Occasionally, one will see the other, but I am denied access to the folders, even though permissions for all shared folders have been set to Full Control for EVERYONE. I am told to ask the Network Administrator for permission: I am effectively the Network Administrator but I have no idea what to do, having tried everything I can think of.

How do I give myself permission to access these shared files?

Any help gratefully received. Thanks.

:)

SATMOfficeUser, Dec 13, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Dec 13, 2020
  3. Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Dec 13, 2020
  4. My two laptops cannot see each other

Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

My two laptops cannot see each other

1. My two laptops cannot see each other - Similar Threads - laptops cannot each

2. Two laptops on network cannot see each other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two laptops on network cannot see each other: I have this problem everytime there's a cumulative update. Two laptops on my network cannot see each other. Cannot transfer files from one to another. What does it take to fix this thing for good? Senior citizen on fixed income. Cannot go out and buy new laptops or Windows...
  3. Two laptops on network cannot see each other

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two laptops on network cannot see each other: I have this problem everytime there's a cumulative update. Two laptops on my network cannot see each other. Cannot transfer files from one to another. What does it take to fix this thing for good? Senior citizen on fixed income. Cannot go out and buy new laptops or Windows...
  4. Two laptops on network cannot see each other

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Two wired routers on network computers no longer see each other

Two wired routers on network computers no longer see each other: My configuration: Fios -> Linksys E2000 router wifi disabled ....1.1 ->3 ethernet connected computers + 1 connection to a second router: ->TPLink Archer C7 WiFi enabled router...
  6. PC and laptop cannot see each other on network.

PC and laptop cannot see each other on network.: I checked previous posts but they seem to be slightly different to my problem. I have a PC and laptop, both on W10. Laptop is on wifi. They cannot see each other. Both machines can see other devices on the LAN. Both machines can print to a network printer. When I open "Add...
  7. Two computer on network can't see each other anymore

Two computer on network can't see each other anymore: Updated second of two computers on same network to Update 1903. Now both are running 1903. Neither computer can see each other when Network is clicked in Explorer. One does see Media device on other computer only. This happened when I ran 1903 update a couple days ago on...
  8. My devices cannot see each other under home network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My devices cannot see each other under home network: I use two devices (the laptop and MacBook Air) connected to my Home Wi-Fi. However these computers are not able to see each when connected through Wi-Fi...
  9. Another Laptop and Desktop not seeing each other, tried the other post

Another Laptop and Desktop not seeing each other, tried the other post: I'm trying to set up a very basic home network to share a wired printer on desktop with laptop and a few other public files. No matter what I do, laptop and desktop aren't seeing each other. Desktop is Win 10 Pro, Laptop is Win 10 Home. I can ping the other from both, both...
  10. Desktop and laptop can't see each other over Ethernet

Desktop and laptop can't see each other over Ethernet: I recently upgraded from Win7 to Win10 on my laptop (desktop was already on Win10). Before the upgrade, both PCs could see each other over my network, whether hardwired over Ethernet or over WiFi. After the upgrade, neither can see the other. Both have network discovery...