Windows 10: My two windows 10 (v. 2004) appear to be syncing but I need to stop it.

Discus and support My two windows 10 (v. 2004) appear to be syncing but I need to stop it. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; If I add shortcuts to separate partitions on my desktop they also appear on my laptop, which doesn't have those partitions. In settings syncing to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/richfield1945, Sep 8, 2020.

1. My two windows 10 (v. 2004) appear to be syncing but I need to stop it.

If I add shortcuts to separate partitions on my desktop they also appear on my laptop, which doesn't have those partitions. In settings syncing to other devices is OFF on both machines. Other shortcuts also appear to be synced as well.

submitted by /u/richfield1945
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/richfield1945, Sep 8, 2020
  2. Widjaja Win User

V-sync

V-Sync is used to stop tearing (the horizontal lines you see when panning left and right in games when not using V-sync)
    V-sync also caps your frames to whatever the resolution of your monitor is set at.
    This does not mean your card will stay at 60fps, just means the frames will not go above 60fps.
    I have V-sync on all games as I don't like seeing tearing.

Widjaja, Sep 8, 2020
  3. Perf-TO Win User
    Blue Screen after upgraded to V.2004

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your reply.

• I could not find the *dump files, I don't think I enable it,
    • I will work on the MSinfo file and the Specc files when I have more time in hand.
    Questions:-

• you're suggesting that I should install the V.2004 and let it crash (if it'll crash)?
    • since there is no .dump file exist (or I couldn't find one), the troubleshooting still good just using the MSinfo and the Specc files that reflects my current system state (V.1909)?
    Thanks again!

-Al

Perf-TO, Sep 8, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

My two windows 10 (v. 2004) appear to be syncing but I need to stop it.

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

My two windows 10 (v. 2004) appear to be syncing but I need to stop it.

1. My two windows 10 (v. 2004) appear to be syncing but I need to stop it. - Similar Threads - 2004 appear syncing

2. stop using One Drive in Windows 10 v 2004 desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    stop using One Drive in Windows 10 v 2004 desktop: I have no need of OneDrive and attempted to remove/uninstall it months ago. Most Files, Folders and any downloads seem to be still automatically stored in OneDrive. It is not listed in Start, nor its name or icon appears anywhere except in File Explorer. I find many files...
  3. I have a problem with windows 10 V 2004 ,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have a problem with windows 10 V 2004 ,: Hi , I have a problem with windows 10 V 2004 , 1. google not working Error code: STATUS_BREAKPOINT 2. Microsoft Edge This page is having Problem Try coming back to it latter You could also : Open a new tap Refresh this page 3. pdf.dll.deploy did not...
  4. Windows 10 v. 2004 installed and no troubles.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 v. 2004 installed and no troubles.: Hello, everybody!: Last weekend and after Microsoft's permission, I decided to install the 2004 version through Windows Update. It took about 35 minutes in total and now, it's fully optimized. It doesn't bring news to install it, but I did it anyway, hoping that Microsoft's...
  5. Search Bar stopped working (Win 10 Pro v 2004)

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Bar stopped working (Win 10 Pro v 2004): I hope someone can help me with this. I run win 10 Pro x64 and 2 days ago I upgraded from v1909 to v2004 (build 19041.388). Everything was OK at first (including search), however at some point on 1 August the Search icon / bar in the taskbar and in Windows (File) Explorer...
  6. My copy of windows 10 will not update too v.2004!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My copy of windows 10 will not update too v.2004!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: My copy of windows 10 is currently stuck on 1809 and ive went to microsoft.com to download there updater and ive tried to update it from 'Update Checker' on my computer but each time i try to update it at the very end of the update it tells my "Update has failed" if theres...
  7. Windows Explorer in Windows 10 V 2004

Windows Explorer in Windows 10 V 2004: How do I get Windows Explorer to show the actual file directory for my computer including cloud drive with this new version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-in-windows-10-v-2004/a068d49b-9d66-46b3-8d5a-92a196342f48
  8. windows 10 V 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 V 2004: Hi everyone have just bought and installed a brand new ssd drive in my PC, i had earlier downloaded the latest windows 10 v 2004 onto a USB drive which i then installed onto the new ssd drive, it installed beautifully and smooth no problems whatsoever, however i have noticed...
  9. Sync two computers - Windows 10

Sync two computers - Windows 10: Not finding basic instructions on how to sync two computers (desktop / laptop) so that both serve as a file back up to the other. They both run off the same modem, both on the same version of windows 10. One computer is new (clean - no files)....
  10. sync my two computers

sync my two computers: Hi. I have 2 computers both running win10. One is win10 home and the other is win10 pro. I am making their setting identical for the most part but I am doing it one at a time. Is there a way I can set my desktop and then sync it with my laptop? Also how can I make them...