Windows 10: My "Type here to search" is not working. Windows 10

Discus and support My "Type here to search" is not working. Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I powered up my laptop just now and looked for something by using the "Type here to search box". As soon as I keyed in the first character, the Search... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Taffy087, Jul 16, 2021.

1. Taffy087 Win User

My "Type here to search" is not working. Windows 10

I powered up my laptop just now and looked for something by using the "Type here to search box". As soon as I keyed in the first character, the Search box disappeared and I saw the outline of another box. A snip of the screen print is below. - you should just be able to see the outline of the other box. What should I do please?If I've put this question in the wrong forum or used the wrong Category, Topic etc, would a Moderator please move it. TIAA new day, a new problem. My "Type here to search" is not working. Windows 10 :eek:

:)

Taffy087, Jul 16, 2021

2. Search service not working (windows 10 pro)

Hi Nigel,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the search and indexing troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button and click on
      Control Panel.

• Click on the Indexing Options.

• Click on the Troubleshoot search and indexing.
    If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to start the Windows Search Service.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.

• Type services.msc and hit Enter.

• Search for Windows Search.

• Double click on Windows Search and click on
        Start button.

• Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to
        Automatic.
    If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 3:

I suggest you to manually select the location in the Indexing options and check.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button and select
      Control Panel.

• Click on Indexing Options and click on
      Modify button.

• Under Change selected locations check mark all the locations.

• Click on Ok and check if it works.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jul 16, 2021
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Windows 10 search not indexing Outlook 2013, no search results

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

Let's diagnose the issue by referring to the following suggestion and check if that helps you.

First of all, I would suggest you to check if the
    Windows Search
    Service is running in Automatic mode under the list of Windows services. You can follow the steps to check and start the
    Windows Search again:

• Press Windows+R keys to open Run. Type “servces.msc” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • From the list of services, locate the Windows Search Support Service
      and Windows Search Service.
    • Right click on the Windows Search Service
      and then click on Properties.
    • Check if the service is running. If not, start the service and change the
      Startup type to Automatic.
    • Follow the same steps to start the Bluetooth service
      and change the startup type to Automatic.
    You can also try the following suggestion.

Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter. Follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “View all” option from the left panel.
    • Select “Search and Indexing”.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Arul_D, Jul 16, 2021
  4. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Jul 16, 2021
Thema:

1. My "Type here to search" is not working. Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Type here search

2. my "type here to search" is not working!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my "type here to search" is not working!: my "type here to search" is not working! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-type-here-to-search-is-not-working/9e5f36f7-247a-4f01-a490-065f869fecc9
  3. my "type here to search" is not working!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my "type here to search" is not working!: my "type here to search" is not working! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-type-here-to-search-is-not-working/9e5f36f7-247a-4f01-a490-065f869fecc9
  4. my "type here to search" is not working!

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 "Type here to search" not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 "Type here to search" not working properly: Hello,Today when I went to type in the "Type here to search" bar, it wouldn't work. Much less, even open. When I press the Windows logo, it loads like it usually does, but the search bar still doesn't work. I've tried scanning for viruses, looking at other questions, and...
  6. Windows 10 "Type here to search" not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 "Type here to search" not working properly: Hello,Today when I went to type in the "Type here to search" bar, it wouldn't work. Much less, even open. When I press the Windows logo, it loads like it usually does, but the search bar still doesn't work. I've tried scanning for viruses, looking at other questions, and...
  7. Windows 10 "Type here to search" not working properly

8. Windows 10 Type here to search

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Type here to search: It seems after a recent update, not sure which, the "Type here to search" space is white with a dark gray line through it. I use the dark theme so it is usually all dark gray. It will go back to all gray when I click or drag the pointer over the area. I would upload a pic of...
  9. Type here to search doesn't work

Type here to search doesn't work: For the last 3 or 4 days, I have been unable to use the "Type here to search" facility on my HP computer. It comes back with "No results found for" whatever I was requesting. Now I can't get any information and I use this feature daily. Any answers on how to fix this. I...
  10. my type here to search is not working in my windows 10 pc

in Cortana
    my type here to search is not working in my windows 10 pc: my type here to search is not working in my windows 10 pc, I tried all the things what can I do to fix it,but it wont work any more . please help me to fix it....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my type here to search isnt working