Windows 10: my unactivated windows changed wallpaper and I can't change it back

Discus and support my unactivated windows changed wallpaper and I can't change it back in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was using my computer as usual and everything was all right until I turned it off, when I turned it back on the next day my computer was with an... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ericbraga, Jun 5, 2020.

1. ericbraga Win User

my unactivated windows changed wallpaper and I can't change it back

I was using my computer as usual and everything was all right until I turned it off, when I turned it back on the next day my computer was with an unwanted wallpaper that I can't change back, given that my windows is not activated. the thing that scares me is how someone or some app changed my wallpaper without it even being possible to. I'm factory resetting my computer to see if it fixes it, I hope it does, but want to know how would I go about fixing this. If anyone can help I would be grateful.

my unactivated windows changed wallpaper and I can't change it back 780e280d-435a-4196-b8aa-f0f962b841af?upload=true.png my unactivated windows changed wallpaper and I can't change it back 109dec73-3456-4280-99bb-6d8041aefa6f?upload=true.png

:)

ericbraga, Jun 5, 2020

2. unable to change the lock screen Wallpaper.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Are you facing issues while trying to change the lock screen Wallpaper?

• Are you not able to choose the directory where the wallpapers has been saved?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to restart the computer and check if you are able to successfully change the lock screen wallpaper.

• From Desktop, right click and select
      Personalize

• In Personalization window, click on
      Lock Screen
      in the left pane.

• And choose wallpaper you would like to apply for the lock screen by choosing the browse option.

• Close the Personalization window.
    If the issue still persists, please do reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 5, 2020
  3. prasadchn Win User
    wallpaper not changing

recently I installed one wallpaper & uninstalled the same. then I try to apply custom wallpaper it doesn't changes still it's showing blank only,

suggest in a simple manner to resolve

prasadchn, Jun 5, 2020
  4. my unactivated windows changed wallpaper and I can't change it back

Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

my unactivated windows changed wallpaper and I can't change it back

1. my unactivated windows changed wallpaper and I can't change it back - Similar Threads - unactivated changed wallpaper

2. My Email was changed and i can't change it back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Email was changed and i can't change it back: I don't know how but someone logged into this microsoft account change the password and email and got hold of it. I managed to log back into it with their email and changed the password to one of mine. I tried to change the email but it needs a code that's being sent to that...
  3. My Email was changed and i can't change it back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Email was changed and i can't change it back: I don't know how but someone logged into this microsoft account change the password and email and got hold of it. I managed to log back into it with their email and changed the password to one of mine. I tried to change the email but it needs a code that's being sent to that...
  4. My Email was changed and i can't change it back

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Can't change my lock screen wallpaper.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change my lock screen wallpaper.: I've been having this problem for a while but have been unable to find a solution for it. When I'm trying to change my lock screen wallpaper via the personalization settings it keeps on loading. And when I'm trying to change it via the picture view I get the message "Try a...
  6. Why can't I change my lock screen wallpaper?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why can't I change my lock screen wallpaper?: Why can't I change my lock screen wallpaper? I can't use the picture background and a slideshow background...... the one that i can only use is the window spotlight.... what happened? Can you help me?....... because i don't know what to do about this.......[ATTACH]...
  7. My wallpaper changed, and I didn't change it myself!

My wallpaper changed, and I didn't change it myself!: [IMG]Hello, so my desktop wallpaper changed into that. I mean if its not a hacker i dont know what could it be. I found the picture on my pc downloaded yesterday at 10;30 PM, so I double check if maybe I actually downloaded it and put it as my wallpaper. But I couldnt find it...
  8. I can't change my lock screen wallpaper

I can't change my lock screen wallpaper: I don't know why but my pc doesn't let me change my lock screen wallpaper. When I pick one from my files I loads forever. Changing my home wallpaper works perfect but lock screen does not....
  9. My wallpapers revert back to "Center" every time I change it.

My wallpapers revert back to "Center" every time I change it.: Hi! I have a laptop and every time I change my wallpaper, it reverts back to "Center" Option in Personalize menu. My laptop's screen resolution is 3840*2160, but regardless of the dimension of the wallpaper, if I put a wallpaper of 10000*5625 (which is a 16*9 ratio indeed),...
  10. Can't Change Desktop Wallpaper

Can't Change Desktop Wallpaper: I'm getting frustrated with this. No matter what I do I can't get to change the desktop wallpaper/background on windows 10. When I open a pic in ACDsee and set it as a wallpaper it doesn't change a thing. All I have is a solid color. Can someone help me with this please. TIA...