Windows 10: My uncle made a typo - How to change main account on Win10 without access to main account...

Discus and support My uncle made a typo - How to change main account on Win10 without access to main account... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My uncle reinstalled Windows on my computer, and made the main Microsoft account admin, but made a typo in my email! I don't have access to that... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Amandalorean, Sep 8, 2019.

1. My uncle made a typo - How to change main account on Win10 without access to main account...

My uncle reinstalled Windows on my computer, and made the main Microsoft account admin, but made a typo in my email! I don't have access to that -whoops-email address obviously, or to the password.

Is there a way to switch it to my actual email without reinstalling Windows? Please send help! Thank you so much for taking the time to read this either way!

:)

Amandalorean, Sep 8, 2019
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Sep 8, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Sep 8, 2019
  4. liamarble Win User

My uncle made a typo - How to change main account on Win10 without access to main account...

microsoft account typo

I recently bought my laptop, and went through all of the steps to create a microsoft account, and then needed to exchange the laptop and go through the whole process again, and while doing so, made a typo in my email address without realizing, so I now
    have two microsoft accounts, and can't delete the incorrect one, because the account is sending verification codes to an email account that doesn't exist, and when I try to change the email address on the incorrect account, it tells me that it can't because
    that email address already exists with another microsoft account (my original account). I have tried several options, even going as far as to delete my correct microsoft account in order to correct the email address on my new account. I would really appreciate
    any advice, thanks.

liamarble, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

My uncle made a typo - How to change main account on Win10 without access to main account...

1. My uncle made a typo - How to change main account on Win10 without access to main account... - Similar Threads - uncle made typo

2. how to change my main windows account back to admin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to change my main windows account back to admin: so when I was changing the name of my main account I changed the account type to a device owner then saved my changes. now I am stuck on the homescreen of my surface go without the ability to log in as the main account is hidden and the only account I could access is a...
  3. how to change my main windows account back to admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change my main windows account back to admin: so when I was changing the name of my main account I changed the account type to a device owner then saved my changes. now I am stuck on the homescreen of my surface go without the ability to log in as the main account is hidden and the only account I could access is a...
  4. Changing Microsoft account on main profile.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Microsoft account on main profile.: When I first got my PC I didn't have a Microsoft account to sign into so I signed into my parents account under my mothers email. Now a couple years later this is causing some troubles. I wanted to keep my desktop all the same. Like all the files I have downloaded, programs,...
  5. Changing Microsoft account on main profile.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing Microsoft account on main profile.: When I first got my PC I didn't have a Microsoft account to sign into so I signed into my parents account under my mothers email. Now a couple years later this is causing some troubles. I wanted to keep my desktop all the same. Like all the files I have downloaded, programs,...
  6. Changing Microsoft account on main profile.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Wanting to Change The Account under my main account.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Wanting to Change The Account under my main account.: I am having a very difficult time trying to change the Microsoft account attached to my account on my laptop. I want to know how to switch the Microsoft Account to a different one....
  8. Changing main account user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing main account user: I am trying to change the main account user on my laptop but the individual who owned the computer previously does not remember the password, how do I go about deleting her account?...
  9. How to change the main account of windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change the main account of windows 10: Hi, I am trying to change the main account of Windows 10 because the one that I have now has been blocked, and I think someone hacked it. Thanks to the "really good" Microsoft support, I am not able to recover it because all the modules that I sent failed with irrefutable...
  10. Remove main account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove main account: I set my computer up with the wrong email address by accident for the MS account. It will not allow me to remove the main account. I added another account with the right info, but the computer is registered with the first one and will not let me delete it. Any suggestions?...