Windows 10: My uncle made a typo - How to change main account on Win10 without access to main account...

Discus and support My uncle made a typo - How to change main account on Win10 without access to main account... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My uncle reinstalled Windows on my computer, and made the main Microsoft account admin, but made a typo in my email! I don't have access to that... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Amandalorean, Sep 8, 2019.

1. My uncle made a typo - How to change main account on Win10 without access to main account...

My uncle reinstalled Windows on my computer, and made the main Microsoft account admin, but made a typo in my email! I don't have access to that -whoops-email address obviously, or to the password.

Is there a way to switch it to my actual email without reinstalling Windows? Please send help! Thank you so much for taking the time to read this either way!

:)

Amandalorean, Sep 8, 2019
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Sep 8, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Sep 8, 2019
  4. liamarble Win User

My uncle made a typo - How to change main account on Win10 without access to main account...

microsoft account typo

I recently bought my laptop, and went through all of the steps to create a microsoft account, and then needed to exchange the laptop and go through the whole process again, and while doing so, made a typo in my email address without realizing, so I now
    have two microsoft accounts, and can't delete the incorrect one, because the account is sending verification codes to an email account that doesn't exist, and when I try to change the email address on the incorrect account, it tells me that it can't because
    that email address already exists with another microsoft account (my original account). I have tried several options, even going as far as to delete my correct microsoft account in order to correct the email address on my new account. I would really appreciate
    any advice, thanks.

liamarble, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

My uncle made a typo - How to change main account on Win10 without access to main account...

1. My uncle made a typo - How to change main account on Win10 without access to main account... - Similar Threads - uncle made typo

2. Main Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Main Microsoft account: I'm using a handy down windows 10 computer from a family member with an Microsoft account which is marked the main one It wont let me delete it from settings area. Is there a way around it to get rid of it and put my own on here instead of the first owner of this pc? Thx...
  3. How do you change the main account on Windows 10?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do you change the main account on Windows 10?: My PC has my Dad's account as the main account. I would like to know how to switch it to my account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-the-main-account-on-windows-10/34c24c87-5a31-4285-96f3-945702fcc31a
  4. make my main account as administrator?

make my main account as administrator?: In Windows 10 I have 2 accounts one is guest account configured as an administrator by mistake, and my main account is not. I want to delete the guest account and make the main one administrator account. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank You....
  5. Game opens on new account but not main account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game opens on new account but not main account: Rocket League (game on Steam) won't launch while using main Windows Account, but a Guest Account can launch the game just fine. Really unsure on how to fix this....
  6. How to access files on My main Microsoft account that says it does not exist?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to access files on My main Microsoft account that says it does not exist?: I went to use my laptop the other day and it would not let me sign into my Microsoft account and now says it does not exist even though I used it a couple of days ago. The user name is an old NTL world email account! My main problem is not so much the account but the fact I...
  7. How do I sign in with My Micrsoft Account on my main profile?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I sign in with My Micrsoft Account on my main profile?: This is the situation, when I try to sign in to my computer using my Microsoft account it wont let, Its tell my that "account email" is already here. There is a profile for another user created with my Microsoft account linked to it. I don't know why this happened but I...
  8. Deleting Microsoft Account on PC, not the main

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Deleting Microsoft Account on PC, not the main: First question, Do downloaded apps on another account show up on another from app history. I know its hard to understand what I mean but in the windows 10 store uninstalled apps are still present, so I was wondering if those apps show up on other accounts. You cannot delete...
  9. Remove main account

Remove main account: I set my computer up with the wrong email address by accident for the MS account. It will not allow me to remove the main account. I added another account with the right info, but the computer is registered with the first one and will not let me delete it. Any suggestions?...
  10. Change Main User

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change Main User: I had a glitch that was solved by creating a new Microsoft account and signing it with it. I added it as a additional user under my original MS account (the one with the glitch). When I sign in with the new MS account, of course, all my data, apps, etc., aren't there. Is...