Windows 10: My Unity app wont run

Discus and support My Unity app wont run in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows is an excellent system and is my absolute favorite to work on. I use the Unity Engine to develop software on my windows device. However, every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BroJones, Mar 5, 2021.

1. BroJones Win User

My Unity app wont run

Windows is an excellent system and is my absolute favorite to work on. I use the Unity Engine to develop software on my windows device. However, every time I create a test build of my app with no errors in the engine, either as a Windows Standalone 64-bit or a Universal Windows Platform UWP, the app ends up always crashing on startup. I don't know how to fix this and would really appreciate some advice on how to fix this issue.

:)

BroJones, Mar 5, 2021
  2. Pavan_N Win User

unable to play games Unity Web Player error.

Hi Daryl,

As an initial troubleshooting step I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Unity Web Player from Programs and features and check the status of the issue.

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.

• On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    As you have clearly described that the issue is with Unity Web Player not with game or browser and Unity Web Player is not developed by Microsoft. I suggest you to contact
    Unity Web Player Support. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Mar 5, 2021
  3. Josh Win User
    How to run a unity-built after Computer is turned on

Goal

• User turns on Computer and Unity-built runs automatically.
    • Upon system start and thereafter Unity start, User only sees the maximized gameview of unity. No windows Taskbar, steamVR window, nor anything else is visible.
    • Unity-built quits and computer shuts down automatically upon respective user-input within the running Unity application.

The following approach is my current plan. Simpler solutions are always welcome.

I've tried Windows Kiosk Mode, but manual login to kiosk account was still necessary. Plus Unity doesn't seem to be available in Kiosk mode - or I overlooked something...

Step by step:

1. User turns on computer by pressing the power-button.
    2. User-Login happens automatically; no user-input necessary (neither click, nor password input).
    3. if a password protected account exists; login happens automatically.
    4. if user-account exists, but without password protection; login happens automatically
    5. Unity-built starts immediately.
    6. Screen only shows game content; neither windows start menu, nor anything else is shown on the screen.
    7. User has in-game options (within the running Unity application) to quit the game. Both Unity application and system shut down after user picks respective option.

Step 1 - 5:

I've been able to start the unity-built after system start via task scheduler, but I couldn't solve the problem of automatically logging into the user-account.

• Edit 1:
      I mangaged to disable required account-password input. User now reaches the desktop without having to input anything. I used strg + r and "netplwiz" which is described in this thread.

Step 6:

Problem: After unity start Windows start menu and steamVR windows are visible and overlay the gameview. User has to click into the gameview, to "pull" gameview to the front in order to hide said overlaying elements.

Solution: ???

Josh, Mar 5, 2021
  4. Martmcd Win User

My Unity app wont run

unity web player

yes, it is safe to uninstall.

it is old and is no longer supported by unity (which might be why there are only out-dated answers)

go to settings -> apps -> Apps & Features

locate Unity Web Player in the list of apps

click on it then click the Uninstall button

Martmcd, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

My Unity app wont run

1. My Unity app wont run - Similar Threads - Unity app wont

2. My pc wont run any apps anymore and freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc wont run any apps anymore and freezes: My pc wont open anything off the start like my wallpaper and browser ect. If i open something it usually freezes the pc or wont open, ctrl alt delete wont work.I was able to search up reset and go to factory reset my pc but its stuck saying “getting things ready”....
  3. My pc wont run any apps anymore and freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc wont run any apps anymore and freezes: My pc wont open anything off the start like my wallpaper and browser ect. If i open something it usually freezes the pc or wont open, ctrl alt delete wont work.I was able to search up reset and go to factory reset my pc but its stuck saying “getting things ready”....
  4. My Unity app will not run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Unity app will not run: Windows is an excellent system and is my absolute favorite to work on. I use the Unity Engine to develop software on my windows device. However, every time I create a test build of my app with no errors in the engine, either as a Windows Standalone 64-bit or a Universal...
  5. i have an app that wont run

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i have an app that wont run: first of all, I downloaded it the first time and it worked, then I delete it but the second time it won't even run how can I fix this issue? the program is nsb appstudio...
  6. An Error occurred running the Unity Content

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An Error occurred running the Unity Content: Ok so i play a few online games but now when i try to load a game website i get this error (An Error occurred running the Unity Content its happen when i run edge or chrome but it does not happen if i use firefox that one works ok, it also works on all browsers if i stop...
  7. An Error occurred running the Unity Content

in Windows 10 Support
    An Error occurred running the Unity Content: Ok so i play a few online games but now when i try to load a game website i get this error (An Error occurred running the Unity Content its happen when i run edge or chrome but it does not happen if i use firefox that one works ok, it also works on all browsers if i stop...
  8. APP wont run

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    APP wont run: Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket 1731910883650819735, type 1
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: AutoMouser v5.1...
  9. my viper wont run

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my viper wont run: imcompatability issues ran fine 8\10\2018 down load some updates now it wont work at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/my-viper-wont-run/a6ea4f6a-a6e2-4fef-9bfe-580f065d69df"
  10. whea_uncorrectable_error BSOD when running Unity 3D

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    whea_uncorrectable_error BSOD when running Unity 3D: Built a new computer about 1 month ago with all brand new parts. Everything works great except one thing. Unity 3D seems to crash my computer with a BSOD with either of two errors. the whea_uncorrectable_error or the clock_watchdog_timeout error. Now, digging in, this only...