Windows 10: My University Forcing Me to Change My Pin

Discus and support My University Forcing Me to Change My Pin in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My computer is setup with my personal email, but I had to sign-in in word with my school email to use Microsoft office. Now my computer is saying "my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ShadowWOLF 1682, Oct 16, 2020.

1. My University Forcing Me to Change My Pin

My computer is setup with my personal email, but I had to sign-in in word with my school email to use Microsoft office. Now my computer is saying "my organization needs me to change my PIN" to a 6-digit PIN, but I want to keep my 4-digit PIN. It says this while logging in with my personal Microsoft account not linked to my school email, but a personal one.

:)

ShadowWOLF 1682, Oct 16, 2020
  2. Sami_Ann Win User

Forced to Change PIN

I tried to log into my laptop and was forced to change my PIN because "my organization required" it. This is a personal computer and shouldn't being run by anyone else but me. I was happy with my previous PIN and would like to change it back but can't
    figure it out. Thanks for the help!

Sami_Ann, Oct 16, 2020
  3. PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 16, 2020
  4. My University Forcing Me to Change My Pin

Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

My University Forcing Me to Change My Pin

1. My University Forcing Me to Change My Pin - Similar Threads - University Forcing Change

2. How to change my computer so it doesn't force me to type in my PIN before showing me my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change my computer so it doesn't force me to type in my PIN before showing me my...: Whenever I want to view a password on my browsers my computer makes me type in my pin before it will show me the password. Is there anyway to disable this? It has sorta gotten in the way....
  3. How to change my computer so it doesn't force me to type in my PIN before showing me my...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change my computer so it doesn't force me to type in my PIN before showing me my...: Whenever I want to view a password on my browsers my computer makes me type in my pin before it will show me the password. Is there anyway to disable this? It has sorta gotten in the way....
  4. How to change my computer so it doesn't force me to type in my PIN before showing me my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. STOP FORCING ME TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD

STOP FORCING ME TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD: I DO NOT WANT TO CHANGE THE **** PASSWORD THAT I'VE ALREADY SET.YOU SEND ME THE **** CODE TO MY CELLPHONE TO CONFIRM IT WAS ME, AND IS STILL OBLIGATING ME TO CHANGE MY DAMN PASSORD, I DON'T WANT TO CHANGE IT, KEEP THE WAY IT IS.THERE'S NOT ANOTHER PERSON TRYING TO ACESS MY...
  6. forced pin change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    forced pin change: after so often, im forced to change my access pin. ive tried so many things but it keeps coming back. i dont have any school or biz acct on the computer. win 10 home edition help....
  7. forced pin change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    forced pin change: after so often, im forced to change my access pin. ive tried so many things but it keeps coming back. i dont have any school or biz acct on the computer. win 10 home edition help....
  8. I was just forced to change my pin on MY laptop

I was just forced to change my pin on MY laptop: So usually my pc just powers up and I don't have any log in requirements...security discussions aside...today I powered it on and was greeted by the lockscreen...this happens on occasion so I do have a pin set up so I don't have to type a long password...except this time it...
  9. Windows forcing me to change my pin?

Windows forcing me to change my pin?: Every few months windows 10 forces me to change my login pin saying my "organisation" requires it. This is my home computer and I am not part of an organisation. I have looked in rgedit and it doesn't have any options related to PIN security so I can't change it through that....
  10. Forced to Change PIN

Forced to Change PIN: I tried to log into my laptop and was forced to change my PIN because "my organization required" it. This is a personal computer and shouldn't being run by anyone else but me. I was happy with my previous PIN and would like to change it back but can't figure it out. Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable microsoft university account force change pin