Windows 10: My update has been on 100% for two hours

Discus and support My update has been on 100% for two hours in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Should I turn it off? It says not to but it’s been on that for so damn long. I got the windows update from 2004 to 20H2 from a windows support guy who... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MemeLordArmo, Oct 26, 2020.

1. My update has been on 100% for two hours

Should I turn it off? It says not to but it’s been on that for so damn long. I got the windows update from 2004 to 20H2 from a windows support guy who suggested it to fix the audio issue I contacted Microsoft about (like the legit proper ones; not some random guy) and when I finished it it said it was going to restart but it didn’t for like 20 seconds so I reopened the update file and then after I clicked on the preparation for the update it restarted. At some point there was a pop up about me missing a file half way through the update and I was an idiot and didn’t take a photo but closed the little pop up. The percentage it hasn’t gone past since. What should I do?

submitted by /u/MemeLordArmo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MemeLordArmo, Oct 26, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond My update has been on 100% for two hours :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 26, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Oct 26, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

My update has been on 100% for two hours

Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

My update has been on 100% for two hours

1. My update has been on 100% for two hours - Similar Threads - update has been

2. This has been going on for about 2 hours.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    This has been going on for about 2 hours.: It's stuck on 20% for about 2 hours. And what is this error? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-has-been-going-on-for-about-2-hours/4c76a954-4030-42c3-8ff5-546b08af52aa
  3. System Restore has been going for hours.

System Restore has been going for hours.: I wanted to make space on the C: drive of my new laptop Samsung Galaxy Book Flex 15.6 using a micro SD card as permanent storage. The laptop has a built in card reader specifically for expanding storage, so I installed a brand new 1tb card and formatted it the way my limited...
  4. This has been frustrating me for HOURS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This has been frustrating me for HOURS: [ATTACH] I have looked at every possible fucking solution and none of it works. I am trying to play sea of thieves from the windows store( I know big mistake there) but the fat issue is that every time I click the game I get the sea of thieves logo before it starts up then...
  5. Why has my laptop been updating for over 36 hours?

Why has my laptop been updating for over 36 hours?: I have a Dell Latitude E5430 Windows 10 and it’s been updating ever since 10pm on the 20th, it’s now 1:13pm on the 22nd. I’ve read that Windows 10 updates can take 24 hours, but it’s been over 36 hours. One restart in particular has been at 91% since I went to bed last night....
  6. My Windows update has been stuck at %90 for hours

My Windows update has been stuck at %90 for hours: My windows pc started updating unexpectedly while i was using it, it was a but slow and the start and began to ramp up in speed, but as soon as it hit 90 percent, about 30 minutes into the update, it hasnt gone anywhere, the loading circle is moving so its not frozen, and i...
  7. This has been updating for an hour. Whybis it doing this?

This has been updating for an hour. Whybis it doing this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GhostyBoi666 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g9sger/this_has_been_updating_for_an_hour_whybis_it/
  8. It has been stuck at 86% for an hour. Is this normal?

It has been stuck at 86% for an hour. Is this normal?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/hotglue0303 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fiz3vw/it_has_been_stuck_at_86_for_an_hour_is_this_normal/
  9. My resetting pc screen has been stuck at 100 percent for an hour. Help?

My resetting pc screen has been stuck at 100 percent for an hour. Help?: Title says it all Edit:Screen went black came back on and I’m back on desktop and everything’s still there?! submitted by /u/spicybagel123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ead5lc/my_resetting_pc_screen_has_been_stuck_at_100/
  10. System Restore has been running for over two hours

System Restore has been running for over two hours: I ran system restore for windows 10 and it has been on the blue screen saying "restoring the registry" for over two hours. Should I keep waiting or shut down the computer?...