Windows 10: My Update to Windows 10 Pro 21H1 has problems

Discus and support My Update to Windows 10 Pro 21H1 has problems in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I updated my Laptop Razer from Windows 10 Pro 20H2 to 21H1 and it's not operating very well. Unfortunately I waited too long longer than 10 days and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Alan Edwards KAE, Aug 14, 2021.

1. My Update to Windows 10 Pro 21H1 has problems

I updated my Laptop Razer from Windows 10 Pro 20H2 to 21H1 and it's not operating very well. Unfortunately I waited too long longer than 10 days and now I can't revert back to 20H2.I've tried DISM and SFC to make sure nothing is corrupted, but my system still doesn't work.The problems I have are:File Explorer hangs with I try to right click on files.Photos can't seem to display anything I've uninstalled it and reinstalled but it still doesn't work.Windows Explorer hangs and has to be killed End Task from the Task ManagerI usually end up rebooting shutdown -r from an admin cmd window

:)

Alan Edwards KAE, Aug 14, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 14, 2021
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Aug 14, 2021
  4. Try3 Win User

My Update to Windows 10 Pro 21H1 has problems

Issue(s) with 21H1 Update

The Windows update list of installed updates has always been a confusing & incomplete list. I don't think you had a problem at all.

Denis

Thema:

My Update to Windows 10 Pro 21H1 has problems

1. My Update to Windows 10 Pro 21H1 has problems - Similar Threads - Update Pro 21H1

2. update fails in my Windows 10 21H1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    update fails in my Windows 10 21H1: I only have Windows 10 21H1 running. I run the update and it fails. It gives me different error messages and codes I dont know what to do. Im using this machine for my class but it is personal computer and not link to anything so I should be able to run update. Please help me...
  3. update fails in my Windows 10 21H1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    update fails in my Windows 10 21H1: I only have Windows 10 21H1 running. I run the update and it fails. It gives me different error messages and codes I dont know what to do. Im using this machine for my class but it is personal computer and not link to anything so I should be able to run update. Please help me...
  4. update fails in my Windows 10 21H1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 is not updating to 21H1

Windows 10 is not updating to 21H1: Hello. Please help me.My Windows 10 version 2004 is not updating to The latest Windows 10.The troubleshooter is not working. Please help me.Any replies, reply. If you have the same question then follow the answer....
  6. Problems with Windows 10 21H1

Problems with Windows 10 21H1: Hello,I have a problem with the aforementioned Windows version. For some context, I was previously at version 1909 for quite sometime, I have not been able to update to the versions between 1909 and 21H1 for some unknown reason. It just mentions that my Windows version is...
  7. Windows 10 Pro 21H1

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Pro 21H1: I am log into my account using my MSFT email. Widows created a Users Account with the fist 5 letters of my email. However, I need to change it to 7 letters. The reason why this is a new computer and all shortcut keys from other computers point to the old computer with 7...
  8. Windows Update problem Win10PRO 21H1

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update problem Win10PRO 21H1: Hello. Couple days ago I found out that Windows Updates stopped working on my computer. It's Win10 PRO 21H1 (19043.1052) upgraded from 20H2 via Windows update assistant. After update Windows stopped working. When I click on check updates, I see just error message like here:...
  9. Windows Update 21H1 = Microphone Problems ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update 21H1 = Microphone Problems ?: Hello,I have an ASUS K571GT Laptop, and for some reason in the last week, the microphone has cut out and no longer works. When I use the camera app on the laptop to record video, or use zoom or Facebook video call, the video portion works but no sound is being recorded. Just...
  10. WiFi disappears after Windows 10 pro 21H1 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi disappears after Windows 10 pro 21H1 update: After installing the 21H1 update on Windows 10 pro WiFi continued to work normally, until I rebooted my laptop. Since then i no longer have a WiFi option so I cannot connect via WiFi. In fact, I cannot connect at all since WiFi is the only way I can get online....