Windows 10: My USB 3.0 ports stopped working and want to roll back to a previous WIN10 update.

Discus and support My USB 3.0 ports stopped working and want to roll back to a previous WIN10 update. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My USB 3.0 ports stopped working. The USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller cannot start. The current MS driver is 10.0.18362.693. I discovered on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Milpitas, May 5, 2020.

1. Milpitas Win User

My USB 3.0 ports stopped working and want to roll back to a previous WIN10 update.

My USB 3.0 ports stopped working. The USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller cannot start. The current MS driver is 10.0.18362.693.

I discovered on the Dell site that they did not test my Dell Latitude with any WIN10 updates after 1703. 1703 was the last update that Dell tested and supported with updated drivers.

I am currently at 1903, but it's possible that 1809 will fix this USB problem.

Please advise.

Thank you.

:)

Milpitas, May 5, 2020
  2. Aradiel Win User

USB 3 Ports Stopped Working

My front and rear USB 3 ports stopped working. The rear USB 2 ports still work. When I plug an external HDD into the front USB 3 ports it powers up the drive, but it isn't recognized in Windows Explorer. My USB card reader doesn't light up. Device Manager doesn't show any USB 3 devices, and nothing is showing a yellow x in Device Manager.

Any ideas? The last time I used the front ports was a few weeks ago at most. There have been Windows 10 updates since then, but I don't know specifically when they stopped working.

My USB 3.0 ports stopped working and want to roll back to a previous WIN10 update. [​IMG]

Edit: Solved. After reading on another forum that powering down solved the problem, I thought I'd try it. I was skeptical, but surprisingly, it worked. Resets did nothing, but powering down for a few minutes, and then turning it back on did restore the USB 3 ports.

Aradiel, May 5, 2020
  3. smounce Win User
    USB 2.0 Ports Stopped working

Hello,

I recently noticed my USB 2.0 ports have stopped working, but my USB 3.0 port is functioning perfectly.

Steps i have tried:

- Restarting

- Searching for device changes in Device manager

- running troubleshooter

all these suggested fixes didn't remedy the issue, its a bit of an inconvenience that i only have one functioning USB port

Thanks

smounce, May 5, 2020
  4. My USB 3.0 ports stopped working and want to roll back to a previous WIN10 update.

usb port stopped working

my usb ports stopped working after i rolled back window update 1809 to 1709

ohongaGeorge, May 5, 2020
Thema:

My USB 3.0 ports stopped working and want to roll back to a previous WIN10 update.

1. My USB 3.0 ports stopped working and want to roll back to a previous WIN10 update. - Similar Threads - USB ports stopped

2. Why my usb ports stops working after Win10 Installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my usb ports stops working after Win10 Installation: So my usb ports stops working after Win10 Installation, when running win7 they work perfect, no issue at all, im running win7 on a Dell Inspiron 14r 5420 i5 2.50 6gb Ram...
  3. Why my usb ports stops working after Win10 Installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my usb ports stops working after Win10 Installation: So my usb ports stops working after Win10 Installation, when running win7 they work perfect, no issue at all, im running win7 on a Dell Inspiron 14r 5420 i5 2.50 6gb Ram...
  4. USB Ports stop working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Ports stop working: Dell XPS 8700 commputer, Windows 10 Home, Version 21H2, Installed on ‎10/‎30/‎2020, OS build 19044.1415, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0. Have done windows troubleshooting, unchecked allow computer to shut down port in Device Manager. Shut down and restarted...
  5. USB Ports stop working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Ports stop working: Dell XPS 8700 commputer, Windows 10 Home, Version 21H2, Installed on ‎10/‎30/‎2020, OS build 19044.1415, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0. Have done windows troubleshooting, unchecked allow computer to shut down port in Device Manager. Shut down and restarted...
  6. My usb port stop working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My usb port stop working: USB port stop working when plugged in it stop working and I don't know the reason behind it please help me to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-usb-port-stop-working/eb8e4c05-873e-43c8-96a2-1f70eee2e0fe
  7. USB ports stopped working

USB ports stopped working: Three of the four USB ports on my Intel nuc8i3bek stopped working reliably, all of a sudden. They will occasionally all work for a couple of minutes (at the same time), then go on and off about once per second for a couple minutes, then stop working again. I have tried, to...
  8. USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices

USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices: I have had this problem since February and not sure what to do. All of my USB 3 ports are not recognized by my computer as USB 3 ports only as USB 2/1.[ATTACH] The two active ports you see there are USB 3 ports, but they don't work as USB 3 ports. If any one has had this...
  9. USB 3 Ports Stopped Working

USB 3 Ports Stopped Working: My front and rear USB 3 ports stopped working. The rear USB 2 ports still work. When I plug an external HDD into the front USB 3 ports it powers up the drive, but it isn't recognized in Windows Explorer. My USB card reader doesn't light up. Device Manager doesn't show any USB...
  10. Win10 Updated, Now Freezes, Can't Roll Back to Previous Build

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Updated, Now Freezes, Can't Roll Back to Previous Build: SOLVED: I 'reset' my PC. Seems to have fixed the problem. -- Last night my Windows 10 Pro PC updated to a newer version. The OS Build is currently at 10586.589. Immediately after updating, the PC starts to completely lock up within two mins of it booting up. It happens...