Windows 10: My USB Back ports stops working, USB Root Hub has failed to reset

Discus and support My USB Back ports stops working, USB Root Hub has failed to reset in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My USB backports somehow are not working anymore while I was typing. My keyboard, and my mouse are attached to the backports. It won't detect any usb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NaufalR, Mar 26, 2020.

1. NaufalR Win User

My USB Back ports stops working, USB Root Hub has failed to reset

My USB backports somehow are not working anymore while I was typing. My keyboard, and my mouse are attached to the backports. It won't detect any usb devices I plug in. I have 6 USB backports, 4 USB 3.0 and 2 USB 2.0, but the one that are not working is the USB 3.0 Ports. In the Device Manager My USB Root Hub 3.0 status said like this:

My USB Back ports stops working, USB Root Hub has failed to reset 83384b47-7943-453d-b28a-937c3cc5a0c5?upload=true.png

I tried uninstalling it, rebooting my computer, updating the driver but if I update the USB Root Hub, another USB will have the problem and it's the AMD USB 3.10 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.1.0Microsoft

My USB Back ports stops working, USB Root Hub has failed to reset 0e802bae-c3ed-40d0-9bcc-3c366f22e684?upload=true.png

Also if I look at the events tab, the driver for AMD USB 3.10 is usbxhci.inf and the driver for USB Root Hub is usbhub3.inf

And if I click one of the events, in the Information page for AMD USB, it will come up as below

Device PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_149C&SUBSYS_79141849&REV_00\4&1fde7688&0&0341 was configured.

Driver Name: usbxhci.inf
    Class Guid: {36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000}
    Driver Date: 02/20/2020
    Driver Version: 10.0.18362.693
    Driver Provider: Microsoft
    Driver Section: Generic.Install.NT
    Driver Rank: 0x802006
    Matching Device Id: PCI\CC_0C0330
    Outranked Drivers:
    Device Updated: false
    Parent Device: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1484&SUBSYS_14841022&REV_00\3&11583659&0&41

And if I click one of the events in the USB root hub events tab, in the Information page, it will come up as below

Device USB\ROOT_HUB30\5&5477969&4&0 was configured.

Driver Name: usbhub3.inf
    Class Guid: {36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000}
    Driver Date: 03/18/2019
    Driver Version: 10.0.18362.1
    Driver Provider: Microsoft
    Driver Section: Generic.Install.NT
    Driver Rank: 0x800002
    Matching Device Id: USB\ROOT_HUB30
    Outranked Drivers:
    Device Updated: false
    Parent Device: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_149C&SUBSYS_79141849&REV_00\4&1fde7688&0&0341

and I've tried scouring the internet for solution but I can't seem to find one. Also here are my Specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600

Asrock AB350-HDV Motherboard

AMD Rx 570

Klevv 16GB of RAM

And also Here's what I have tried doing to solve this problem but didn't work

1 Uninstall the device from Device Manager

2 Install my chipset drivers

3 Update the USB Drivers

4 Reset My Windows 10

5 Turn off USB Selective Suspend Setting for each power plan

6 Turn off the device in the power management tab.

I

:)

NaufalR, Mar 26, 2020

2. USB Root Hub driver failure on Lenovo T470

After hibernation, the USB ports don't work. When I inspected the drivers, I found that the USB root hub driver was reporting the following errors:

#The USB hub failed to reset.

#Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

#on Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft)

I have tried reinstalling the drivers and also tried to disable both the "USB root hub" and the "USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller" from going to suspension on sleep or hibernation but the problems still persist on all our T470 laptops.

Kindly get back as soon as possible.

Martin Chileshe, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    USB ports

Hi Frank,

Inserting and removing a USB device repeatedly may cause the USB port to stop responding. When the port is in this state, it no longer recognizes any USB device, and the USB device will not work.

Here are few things that you can do to resolve the issue:

Use Device Manager to scan for hardware changes. After your computer scans for hardware changes, it might recognize the USB device that is connected to the USB port so that you can use the device.

To scan for hardware changes, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then click Run.

Note If you are running Windows Vista, click Start, and then use the Start Search box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc, and then click OK. Device Manager opens.
    • In Device Manager, click your computer so that it is highlighted.
    • Click Action, and then click Scan for hardware changes.
    • Check the USB device to see whether it is working.

Turn off Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

• In the Device Manager dialog box, expand Universal Serial Bus controllers, right-click USB Root Hub, and then click Properties.
    • In the USB Root Hub Properties dialog box, click the Power Management tab. Uncheck the
      Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power
      box.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Mar 26, 2020
  4. My USB Back ports stops working, USB Root Hub has failed to reset

USB port issue. Not working

Yes, if you have a laptop try to check your power supply

Your laptop’s power supply delivers power to your USB ports. If for some reason, it fails to do this properly, the devices plugged into those USB ports may stop working. Sometimes, this can be fixed quite simply:

1) Unplug the power supply and charger plug from your laptop

2) Restart your laptop

3) Connect your USB device to the laptop again

4) Plug the power supply back in

in another case

Check your power management settings

In order to save power, by default, Windows switches your USB controllers off when they’re not in use, and switches them back on again when they’re needed. Unfortunately, sometimes this approach doesn’t work as intended, and Windows fails to switch your USB
    controllers on again.

To rule this out as the cause of your USB woes, just stop Windows from ‘managing’ power to your USB controllers and devices:

1) Open Device Manager (type “Device Manager” in the Windows search field)

2) Expand the Universal Serial Bus controllers branch

3) Double-click the first USB Root Hub device in the list (if you see only one USB Root Hub device, that’s fine)

4) Click the Power Management tab

5) Un-check the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power checkbox, and click OK.

6) Repeat steps 3-5 for each USB Root Hub device in your list of Universal Serial Bus controllers

DouglasMillar69, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

My USB Back ports stops working, USB Root Hub has failed to reset

1. My USB Back ports stops working, USB Root Hub has failed to reset - Similar Threads - USB ports stops

2. USB Root Hub Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Root Hub Drivers: Hi there, I have a major problem. I have a desktop using an ASUS Motherboard, I am sending this from my laptop. I was having problems with getting USB flash drives to mount.Getting the Yellow triangle in Device Manager in Other Devices.I uninstalled the USB root hub and...
  3. USB Root Hub Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Root Hub Drivers: Hi there, I have a major problem. I have a desktop using an ASUS Motherboard, I am sending this from my laptop. I was having problems with getting USB flash drives to mount.Getting the Yellow triangle in Device Manager in Other Devices.I uninstalled the USB root hub and...
  4. Power surge on the USB port. The USB hub failed to reset.

Power surge on the USB port. The USB hub failed to reset.: Device status.Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43 The USB hub failed to reset.This problem occurred after I updated Windows 22h2...
  5. Power surge on the USB port. The USB hub failed to reset.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power surge on the USB port. The USB hub failed to reset.: Device status.Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43 The USB hub failed to reset.This problem occurred after I updated Windows 22h2...
  6. Power surge on the USB port. The USB hub failed to reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. USB Root Hub Failed to Reset Code 43

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Root Hub Failed to Reset Code 43: This is the error I am getting. I have tried disabling and reenabling, uninstalling the device and restarting the PC it's a desktop, scanning for hardware changes, checking for Windows Updates, looking for driver updates for that device there weren't any. I can't remember...
  8. USB Root Hub Failed to Reset Code 43

USB Root Hub Failed to Reset Code 43: This is the error I am getting. I have tried disabling and reenabling, uninstalling the device and restarting the PC it's a desktop, scanning for hardware changes, checking for Windows Updates, looking for driver updates for that device there weren't any. I can't remember...
  9. USB hub - USB C port not working

USB hub - USB C port not working: I have plugged in USB hub onto USB C port of my Dell laptop with Windows 10. The hub has 1 ethernet port, 2 USBs and a USB C port. All ports work well except USB C.When I connected SSD using USB C - USB C cable, light is blinking in SSD but not getting detected.Using USB to...
  10. USB Root Hub 30

USB Root Hub 30: USB Root Hub 30 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-root-hub-30/54ec05da-a825-4a2a-b365-5048616b1e43

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb root hub update