Windows 10: My USB broke, however; now when I start up the system, there is nothing found to boot with

Discus and support My USB broke, however; now when I start up the system, there is nothing found to boot with in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I recently built my pc. My friend used his info to download a boot drive onto the USB disk inserted into my computer. My USB broke, however; now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DarkBroth3rh00d, Oct 14, 2018.

1. My USB broke, however; now when I start up the system, there is nothing found to boot with

So I recently built my pc. My friend used his info to download a boot drive onto the USB disk inserted into my computer. My USB broke, however; now when I start up the system, there is nothing found to boot with. My SSD doesn't have a tool with it to use to boot up nor my hard drive. I have been getting frustrated because I bought Windows10 thinking it would be easier, but it has been more of a headache. Any help on getting a boot path set up would be greatly appreciated. The only way I get it to log in is to go into bios and have it not save any changes and keep typing in my pin to get the screen to start up and somehow this works. Using a manual select of the boot drives just continuously says "Insert boot drive and press key to begin"

:)

DarkBroth3rh00d, Oct 14, 2018
  2. D-rock Win User

Help with USB Boot Image

Yes, I checked the box and showed it the folder where I unzipped the USB Image file. And then it started formatting the USB memory. Then after it completed I copied the rest of the files from the zip file over to the memory stick. Then tried to boot computer to the USB device. After restarting I press F12 to enter the boot menu and select USB Device from the list and it reads the USB memory cause the green light flashes but I get the Non-system disk error message.

D-rock, Jan 29, 2020
  3. D-rock Win User
    Help with USB Boot Image

I am trying to boot from my USB flash drive. I followed the instructions step for step that are in the article on this website. I downloaded the HP program and the USB Image zip file. I ran the HP flash program and pointed it to the folder where I unzipped the USB Image files to. I then copied all the files over to the USB memory stick as instructed. When I restart my computer and press F12 to go to the boot menu I have 3 options: SATA hard drive, CD-ROM drive, or USB Device. So I choose USB device and when it reads the USB memory stick all I get is the error "Non-system disk, replace and hit any key" Its like the USB memory is missing some system files or it doesnt have the master boot record or something. Somebody please HELP!!! I want to flash the bios in a new video card and I have to boot to DOS and I dont have a floppy drive and I have Win XP so a USB boot is probably the best option I have.

D-rock, Jan 29, 2020
  4. ram93 Win User

My USB broke, however; now when I start up the system, there is nothing found to boot with

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

My USB broke, however; now when I start up the system, there is nothing found to boot with

1. My USB broke, however; now when I start up the system, there is nothing found to boot with - Similar Threads - USB broke however

2. PC stuck in boot loop, however nothing shows up on my monitor!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC stuck in boot loop, however nothing shows up on my monitor!: My PC is a windows 10, and has a stable power supply. When I turned it on and logged in, I left to use the restroom. When I came back, the computer had shut itself off and when I turned it back on one of the case fans weren’t spinning. I didn’t know what to do so I forced...
  3. PC stuck in boot loop, however nothing shows up on my monitor!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC stuck in boot loop, however nothing shows up on my monitor!: My PC is a windows 10, and has a stable power supply. When I turned it on and logged in, I left to use the restroom. When I came back, the computer had shut itself off and when I turned it back on one of the case fans weren’t spinning. I didn’t know what to do so I forced...
  4. PC stuck in boot loop, however nothing shows up on my monitor!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Installed a cloned drive but when booting up I get "Operating system not found."

Installed a cloned drive but when booting up I get "Operating system not found.": Having recently returned a laptop running Linux to Windows I decided to upgrade the machine by installing additional RAM and by installing a new SSD to replace the old HDD. I downloaded and ran AOMEI Backupper Standard to clone the old drive onto the new one. After installing...
  6. Installed a cloned drive but when booting up I get "Operating system not found."

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installed a cloned drive but when booting up I get "Operating system not found.": Having recently returned a laptop running Linux to Windows I decided to upgrade the machine by installing additional RAM and by installing a new SSD to replace the old HDD. I downloaded and ran AOMEI Backupper Standard to clone the old drive onto the new one. After installing...
  7. Installed a cloned drive but when booting up I get "Operating system not found."

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Now 21H1 broke my system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Now 21H1 broke my system: 20H1 broke my system, tried to remove the update, reinstalled Windows, no luck. System performance issues. Was told it was issue between update and NVidia cards. That wasn't it, on my system. Did search and someone was talking about their NIC card. I turned many "features"...
  9. windows is not starting up or booting. nothing works

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows is not starting up or booting. nothing works: i have tried all recovery methods but my system is not starting. i have tried severally to reinstall windows but at a point it keeps saying windows 10 installation file is corrupted, contact vendor or administrator. please help me because important files in my pc only though...
  10. W10 Calculator. Now I know nothing about horses... however

W10 Calculator. Now I know nothing about horses... however: The Windows 10 calculator offers a conversion facility for common units. I noticed that when converting cm to feet that it also shows other units, hands being one of them. The results I get are different to those from any other conversion site I use. Any thoughts....