Windows 10: My USB device is not working when I plug it in.

Discus and support My USB device is not working when I plug it in. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I know it is not a USB issue because I've used multiple other USBs and they also don't work. I hear the sound that a USB is in use but I don't see the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Abraham Ambriss, Dec 2, 2022.

1. My USB device is not working when I plug it in.

I know it is not a USB issue because I've used multiple other USBs and they also don't work. I hear the sound that a USB is in use but I don't see the USB in file explorer. After a while I hear the USB disconnect then reconnect again.

:)

Abraham Ambriss, Dec 2, 2022
  2. frozensun Win User

USB device not working on Optiplex 9010

I did plug in external HDD and went to device manager.
    There is none of unknown devices in the list (picture below)
    My USB device is not working when I plug it in. [​IMG]

OK disabled and enabled USB 3.0 root hub and then pluged in external HDD,here is exclamation mark I got:

My USB device is not working when I plug it in. [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

yep..solved the problem with your suggestion...thx a lot...

frozensun, Dec 2, 2022
  3. veldthui Win User
    USB devices not working

Since my PC was updated to Windows 10 I have been having trouble with USB devices not working. It appears the drivers do not load or do not work. Example is my Saitek rudder pedals. They appear to be fully installed and appear in the device list but they do not work. I go into the device manager and update the driver to the exact same driver and it works.
    I plug in my iPhone and it is recognized as an iPhone but appears in the Other Devices with a yellow exclamation. A check and it says there are no drivers. Manually find the drivers and update them and it is good until I pull it out. Next time I plug it in same thing.
    Phantom 3 pro wont show the disk drive and have to load in a generic disk drive driver and all good. This list goes on.

I have found no suggestion on the net that help me so far.

Anyone else had this issue and have they solved it?

Thanks.

veldthui, Dec 2, 2022
  4. My USB device is not working when I plug it in.

USB devices not working after Device Manager spring clean

The USB ports started failing intermittently again and then permanently.

Reinstalled 1703 again and that fixed it for a while then they started failing again.

When I plug in any peripheral it shows up in device manager with the exclamation mark.

I right-click 'update driver'
    Choose 'browse my computer...'
    'Let me pick from a list of...'
    Select the best candidate

Then the device will work. Until it is unplugged and plugged in again...

Then we are back to square one for that device.

Are there any suggestions for kicking the USB hub back to life so it recognises ordinary USB devices like mouses and keyboards without a manual driver update?

mojorising, Dec 2, 2022
Thema:

My USB device is not working when I plug it in.

1. My USB device is not working when I plug it in. - Similar Threads - USB device working

2. When I plug in my USB headphones that work on other devices videos wont load and there's no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I plug in my USB headphones that work on other devices videos wont load and there's no...: The USB port isn't faulty, I've tried it with other things like my mosue and printer. The headphones are Marvo HG9055 There is sound for around 3-4 seconds until it stops and the video won't play anymore. After unplugging the video immediately starts playing.I have tried: 1....
  3. My USB device is not working when I plug it in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My USB device is not working when I plug it in.: I know it is not a USB issue because I've used multiple other USBs and they also don't work. I hear the sound that a USB is in use but I don't see the USB in file explorer. After a while I hear the USB disconnect then reconnect again....
  4. My USB device is not working when I plug it in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My USB device is not working when I plug it in.: I know it is not a USB issue because I've used multiple other USBs and they also don't work. I hear the sound that a USB is in use but I don't see the USB in file explorer. After a while I hear the USB disconnect then reconnect again....
  5. USB device not recognized when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB device not recognized when plugged in: When i plug in a usb stick into my laptop it makes a noise as though it knows it's there but won't display the contents. I've looked a loads of you tube videos which didn't solve the problem but i have noticed that I have a generic USB hub file listed under Universal Serial...
  6. USB device not recognized when plugged in

USB device not recognized when plugged in: When i plug in a usb stick into my laptop it makes a noise as though it knows it's there but won't display the contents. I've looked a loads of you tube videos which didn't solve the problem but i have noticed that I have a generic USB hub file listed under Universal Serial...
  7. USB-C ports don't work when devices are plugged in

USB-C ports don't work when devices are plugged in: I recently updated my computer and ever since then, any USB device no longer works with my laptop. It isn't the port as I'm still able to charge through USB-C and it isn't the devices as they work on other laptops. I've tried uninstalling USB Serial Bus Controllers, changing...
  8. USB-C ports don't work when devices are plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB-C ports don't work when devices are plugged in: I recently updated my computer and ever since then, any USB device no longer works with my laptop. It isn't the port as I'm still able to charge through USB-C and it isn't the devices as they work on other laptops. I've tried uninstalling USB Serial Bus Controllers, changing...
  9. USB-C ports don't work when devices are plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. USB devices doesn't work when the devices are plugged in to different ports

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB devices doesn't work when the devices are plugged in to different ports: So my friend has a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10, and he has a strange issue. He has 2 USB ports, both 3.0, and the situation is like this: PORT 1: Mouse and Keyboard work in this port only. Don't work on PORT 2. PORT 2: Scanner and Wacom tablet work in this port. Don't...