Windows 10: My usb does not work

Discus and support My usb does not work in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; my usb does not work, use windows 10, I need to update something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JACKSONMALLON, Apr 28, 2019.

1. My usb does not work

my usb does not work, use windows 10, I need to update something

:)

JACKSONMALLON, Apr 28, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 28, 2019
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

My usb does not work nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Apr 28, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

My usb does not work

USB ports not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:
    Update USB Controllers.

To update the USB Controllers from Device Manager follow these steps.

• Go to Device manager in control panel.
    • Select Device manager and a Device Manager window will pop-up.
    • Double Click on USB Controllers to expand.
    • Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and select Update.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

My usb does not work

1. My usb does not work - Similar Threads - usb does

2. Does Media Creation Tool require USB to downgrade from 11?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does Media Creation Tool require USB to downgrade from 11?: I saw one article that claims you can just download the Media Creation Tool to install directly on the computer that downloaded it by clicking "upgrade this pc" if you got a new laptop that came with 11 and want to downgrade it to 10, has anyone done that successfully or do...
  3. where does the plug in for usb camera installed at?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    where does the plug in for usb camera installed at?: how does the set up for camera work .Where does it get installed? please laymens terms . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-does-the-plug-in-for-usb-camera-installed-at/a0bb6097-55ac-4d89-ae98-3a56bbdaeacd
  4. where does the plug in for usb camera installed at?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where does the plug in for usb camera installed at?: how does the set up for camera work .Where does it get installed? please laymens terms . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-does-the-plug-in-for-usb-camera-installed-at/a0bb6097-55ac-4d89-ae98-3a56bbdaeacd
  5. where does the plug in for usb camera installed at?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Does Microsoft Modern USB speaker not work through a USB hub? I'm out of ports to connect...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Microsoft Modern USB speaker not work through a USB hub? I'm out of ports to connect...: Does Microsoft Modern USB speaker not work through a USB hub? I'm out of ports to connect directly! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-microsoft-modern-usb-speaker-not-work-through/50c68238-d958-4db5-8532-228d7bf5807f
  7. Does Microsoft Modern USB speaker not work through a USB hub? I'm out of ports to connect...

Does Microsoft Modern USB speaker not work through a USB hub? I'm out of ports to connect...: Does Microsoft Modern USB speaker not work through a USB hub? I'm out of ports to connect directly! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-microsoft-modern-usb-speaker-not-work-through/50c68238-d958-4db5-8532-228d7bf5807f
  8. Does Microsoft Modern USB speaker not work through a USB hub? I'm out of ports to connect...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.: Create a recovery drive does not recognize my USB flash drive. The flash drive appears in file explorer and is formatted and is 64GB. I have tried several drives and get the same problem....
  10. Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.

Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.: Create a recovery drive does not recognize my USB flash drive. The flash drive appears in file explorer and is formatted and is 64GB. I have tried several drives and get the same problem....