Windows 10: My USB drive data got deleted

Discus and support My USB drive data got deleted in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When i tried installing win10 the disk was required to be converted to GPT, and inorder to do it i had to use Shift + f10 type: Diskpart type: List... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Crimineral, Nov 13, 2018.

1. My USB drive data got deleted

When i tried installing win10 the disk was required to be converted to GPT, and inorder to do it i had to use

Shift + f10 type: Diskpart type: List Disk type: Select Disk (and whatever number disk you want to change) type: Clean type: Convert GPT

And then i selected the my USB drive as the disk and cleaned it, and now my USB is unusable and there is no data in it, it just says USB DRIVE as the name

:)

Crimineral, Nov 13, 2018

2. Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown My USB drive data got deleted :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: Support Answers

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Nov 13, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

My USB drive data got deleted

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

My USB drive data got deleted

1. My USB drive data got deleted - Similar Threads - USB drive data

2. recover deleted data in Drive C

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recover deleted data in Drive C: Hello Team,We were resetting Outlook, but missed taking backup of .ost data file.Is there a tool within Windows or any help from Windows that can recover the lost file.Thanks & Regards....
  3. recover deleted data in Drive C

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    recover deleted data in Drive C: Hello Team,We were resetting Outlook, but missed taking backup of .ost data file.Is there a tool within Windows or any help from Windows that can recover the lost file.Thanks & Regards....
  4. my bitlocker got deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my bitlocker got deleted: hey my bitlocker is not showing in control panel i hope the engineers here at microsoft can help me .my drive that is encrypted has my 4 to 5 year data plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-bitlocker-got-deleted/1968121d-1f10-486e-bec5-e7f5ada77b20
  5. WILL MY DATA BE DELETED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WILL MY DATA BE DELETED: WILL MY WIN 10 DATA BE DELETED IF I UPGRADE TO WIN 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-my-data-be-deleted/ed96301a-65ad-45b5-afd9-31a26b94c72a
  6. WILL MY DATA BE DELETED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WILL MY DATA BE DELETED: WILL MY WIN 10 DATA BE DELETED IF I UPGRADE TO WIN 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-my-data-be-deleted/ed96301a-65ad-45b5-afd9-31a26b94c72a
  7. USB got deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB got deleted: my USB drive got accidently deleted, how can i retrieve my contents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-got-deleted/9e2299e8-bd8e-4b4e-b773-749c2dd0d65e
  8. BitLocker drive got corrupted. Methods to restore data?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BitLocker drive got corrupted. Methods to restore data?: I'd like to ask for your help regarding a BitLocker drive corruption issue. I am going to write down the steps that caused the problem to help you understand what happened. I saved some data from a 320GB hard drive, and formatted it. It is NOT the Bitlocker drive, and it is...
  9. plugging in my USB drive, but got a virus...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    plugging in my USB drive, but got a virus...: hi, It happened before that when I plugged in my USB drive to my laptop, I got a message from Windows Defender that there is a virus but blocked it or put under quarantine. I had it taken care of. I think it is something like autorun... I reformatted my USB drive and put all...
  10. Using an SSD as a USB Data Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using an SSD as a USB Data Drive: I have an "old" SSD (250 GB Samsung 840 EVO) available to use as a USB 3 data drive for some not-too volatile data - a Lightroom data catalog that benefits from being fast to read and write. I formatted it and put a 220 GB NTFS partition on it - leaving about 16 GB...