Windows 10: My usb drive keeps creating a shortcut to a hidden file in the ubs drive

Discus and support My usb drive keeps creating a shortcut to a hidden file in the ubs drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My usb drive keeps creating a shortcut to a hidden file in the ubs drive; all files i put to the usb drive keep going to that hidden folder. When i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hudica, May 10, 2022.

1. Hudica Win User

My usb drive keeps creating a shortcut to a hidden file in the ubs drive

My usb drive keeps creating a shortcut to a hidden file in the ubs drive; all files i put to the usb drive keep going to that hidden folder. When i delete the shortcut after i put the disk in and the shortcut is back there.

:)

Hudica, May 10, 2022

2. Create a shortcut to map a network drive windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are willing to create a shortcut to map a network drive. I would suggest you to refer the steps provided in the articles mentioned below and see if it helps.

Create a shortcut to (map) a network drive

Create a shortcut to (map) a network drive

Note: These articles are for Windows 7/8/8.1 but steps holds good for Windows 10 too.

Hope the information provided is helpful. Do let us know if you have any more concern related to Windows. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, May 10, 2022
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Creating a Recovery Drive on USB flash Drive

Hi,

Since it didn't work using a USB, we suggest that you try to create a Recovery Drive on an external hard drive and check if it will work. Some times using higher storage device like external hard drive can help in utilizing the files.

Keep us posted.

Remon Ont, May 10, 2022
  4. My usb drive keeps creating a shortcut to a hidden file in the ubs drive

Recovering Hidden Files

Well, you have already said that you had tried the cmd option but you unable to unhide hidden files in USB.
    So, I recommend you to recover hidden files from USB drive with Windows File Option. For this, you
    have follow these steps:

• First of all, you have to press Windows + E to bring up the Windows Explorer.
    • Next, in Folder Options or File Explorer Options click the
      View tab
    • After this, in Hidden files & folders, you need to click the Show hidden files/folders & drives
      option.
    • Lastly, click the Apply, then hit OK
      button.
    After finishing all these steps, you can see the hidden files of the USB drive.

lopezmariaa, May 10, 2022
Thema:

My usb drive keeps creating a shortcut to a hidden file in the ubs drive

1. My usb drive keeps creating a shortcut to a hidden file in the ubs drive - Similar Threads - usb drive keeps

2. My usb drive keeps creating a shortcut to a hidden file in the ubs drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My usb drive keeps creating a shortcut to a hidden file in the ubs drive: My usb drive keeps creating a shortcut to a hidden file in the ubs drive; all files i put to the usb drive keep going to that hidden folder. When i delete the shortcut after i put the disk in and the shortcut is back there....
  3. My usb drive keeps creating a shortcut to a hidden file in the ubs drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My usb drive keeps creating a shortcut to a hidden file in the ubs drive: My usb drive keeps creating a shortcut to a hidden file in the ubs drive; all files i put to the usb drive keep going to that hidden folder. When i delete the shortcut after i put the disk in and the shortcut is back there....
  4. drives hidden in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    drives hidden in file explorer: Drives hidden since last Win 10 update. I see them in Disc Management but don't know how to make them visible again in File Explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drives-hidden-in-file-explorer/6f69f60d-5107-4d26-87a7-1a06601653e8
  5. drives hidden in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    drives hidden in file explorer: Drives hidden since last Win 10 update. I see them in Disc Management but don't know how to make them visible again in File Explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drives-hidden-in-file-explorer/6f69f60d-5107-4d26-87a7-1a06601653e8
  6. drives hidden in file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Drive D: hidden files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive D: hidden files: I have a query. I reinstalled my Windows 10 system and since that date D drive has seemed empty. But antivirus scanning showed that it has 24 files there. I cannot find what files are there and what they contain. Help me to find what files are there...
  8. Bizarre USB Drive issue - cannot create or write files, unless they are shortcut files...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bizarre USB Drive issue - cannot create or write files, unless they are shortcut files...: It's even weirder than the title suggests - if I format the USB memory card to NTFS, everything works fine. I have to format as FAT32 unfortunately - for a 3D printer, and that's where the problem starts. Starting with a newly formatted, totally empty card, which is only...
  9. Creating a shortcut to a programme on a usb drive.

in Windows 10 Support
    Creating a shortcut to a programme on a usb drive.: hey folks, I want to be able to create a shortcut to launch a programme that is stored in a folder on a usb drive and have that shortcut on the actual usb drive itself, not on windows desktop as that way is easy enough to do, just send to desktop. I use a few different...
  10. What is this Hidden File on my External USB Drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is this Hidden File on my External USB Drive?: Although I can see other hidden files on this drive such as $RECYCLE.BIN, I have a file that does not appear in Windows Explorer. Using "USB Safely Remove" the following Process is displayed as preventing safe removal of this drive: System...