Windows 10: My USB driver needs updating, but Windows Update doesn't list it

Discus and support My USB driver needs updating, but Windows Update doesn't list it in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, For the past couple of days, whenever I plugged in a USB device such as a USB flash drive, the USB drive to my wireless mouse, or the USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Shareef Ahmad Naeem, Apr 29, 2019.

1. My USB driver needs updating, but Windows Update doesn't list it

Hello,

For the past couple of days, whenever I plugged in a USB device such as a USB flash drive, the USB drive to my wireless mouse, or the USB cable to my cellphone, it would not connect and Microsoft did not say whether it recognized it or not. It would not show up in the 'Computer' folder.

So I went to Device Manager, and I saw that Intel(R) 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 1C26 needed an update due to the yellow-triangle-with-an-exclamation-mark icon. I updated it and the troubleshooter said that there was an update available via Windows Update but Windows Update didn't show an update related to it.

My Windows Update also stopped working, so I had to download standalone updates from the Microsoft Update Catalog and I managed to install most of them, but a few are either a cabinet file or they have multiple installation packages and I do not know which one to pick.

Is there a better way to update my USB driver?

My USB driver needs updating, but Windows Update doesn't list it 56d99212-3bd4-4b59-9d3e-090279de83fd?upload=true.png

:)

Shareef Ahmad Naeem, Apr 29, 2019
  2. Techtu Win User

Help me make a driver update list.

Hi all *Smile My USB driver needs updating, but Windows Update doesn't list it :)

so to start I have a pretty crappy memory and usually forget which drivers need updating, the only I do generally is my GPU driver but that is only because Windows tell's me so.

What I want is a list of drivers what need to be updated regulary and the one's not so often so please can you help me with this?

Regular.
    GPU

Every so often.
    Audio
    Chipset
    Ethernet/LAN
    Motherboard BIOS
    RAID

This message will be updated as other's post so just incase others need the list too it'll all be in one message at the top of the thread.

Techtu, Apr 29, 2019
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Apr 29, 2019
  4. My USB driver needs updating, but Windows Update doesn't list it

Can't update to current ATi drivers

In my previous attemps to update drivers I went through the complete process you mentioned, but using driver sweeper...I don't really know if there is any difference between the two programs, but sweeper was recommended by the sticky post here on how to update drivres...so that is what I used when first trying to update.

Any how I just followed your pervious suggestion and down loaded and installed v8.10 over the old drivers. I also tried to updated directly from the device manager...but it kept telling me I have the most recent version, which in device mgr now says v8.54.....But after using CCC to search for the most current drivers which were the 8.10 that I installed, CCC is listing in the Info Ctr under graphic software, Driver package version 8.541 (which are digital signer by MS) and Catalyst Version 08.10.

So I'm guessing that even though the device mgr lists current drivers at 8.541, my drivers are infact updated to 8.10 in the CCC ?

Man this is making me dizzy.... *Twitch :twitch:

dieselcat18, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

My USB driver needs updating, but Windows Update doesn't list it

1. My USB driver needs updating, but Windows Update doesn't list it - Similar Threads - USB driver needs

2. My windows doesn't boot after updating drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows doesn't boot after updating drivers: I was trying to update my windows, at the same time my windows 10 had downloaded an update so it required a reboot. After restarting the laptop, there comes this message "Automatic repair" and it tells me to either restart again or go to "advanced options" I tried to restart...
  3. My windows doesn't boot after updating drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows doesn't boot after updating drivers: I was trying to update my windows, at the same time my windows 10 had downloaded an update so it required a reboot. After restarting the laptop, there comes this message "Automatic repair" and it tells me to either restart again or go to "advanced options" I tried to restart...
  4. My windows doesn't boot after updating drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Updating Printer Driver List

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Updating Printer Driver List: Hi, I'm in the process of getting 18 new Surface Pro 7's booted, updated, and ready for users and when it came time to start installing printers I've been unable to install normally which is. 1. Printers & Scanners2. Add a printer or Scanner3. Printer that I want isn't...
  6. new mp3 player needs usb driver update

new mp3 player needs usb driver update: Can someone tell me how to do this on my Dell laptop. just bought this shiny nice mp3 player - it has scant instructions and no website. it does say in the little manual that came with it - "if your computer does not recognize the mp3 player, try to update your usb driver"....
  7. Need to update drivers in the Windows Update section

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need to update drivers in the Windows Update section: Hi There, Recently, I went to Windows Update > view optional updates and I saw the below section for the update. according to the update message, I don't have any problem with my drivers but I prefer my drivers should be up to date so please help Is updating my drivers can...
  8. Windows Update USB driver

Windows Update USB driver: Hi guys, bit of a problem. Every time I get a windows update since May, it uninstalls all of my USB drivers, except 1. The 1 it keeps is consistent so I've plugged my mouse into it and have to uninstall/reinstall all of my USB drivers in device manager buit have to...
  9. Drivers need updating

Drivers need updating: I bought Windows 10 for my computer about a year ago and now it is not working right. It is putting files in strange places and I cannot alphabetize them. They are telling me that my drivers need to be updated at a cost of $30. Is this legit?...
  10. 'DriverDR' lists lots of odd drivers that need to be updated...

'DriverDR' lists lots of odd drivers that need to be updated...: Hey! I came across 'DriverDR' on DDU's website. I thought I would try it and see and it lists lots of drivers that need updating It looks like jargon to me. Do I just ignore this and just normally use Windows updates and graphics driver updates? [img] 103815