Windows 10: My USB drives shows either as a generic device or a non-specified device

Discus and support My USB drives shows either as a generic device or a non-specified device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As the tittle stated, all of my USB drives shows with a "generic device icon" in windows explorer, and when im about to remove my device it shows as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Luis-64-Bits, Nov 8, 2019.

1. My USB drives shows either as a generic device or a non-specified device

As the tittle stated, all of my USB drives shows with a "generic device icon" in windows explorer, and when im about to remove my device it shows as "remove "device"", when I plug the device it shows the normal drive icon for a split seccond and then changes to a generic icon, which it doesnt affect the performance of my drives, but makes me suspect that something is wrong on my computer while detecting my usb devices.

I've attached some screenshots of this so you can understand me a little bit more

Cheers (I apologize if you have a hard time reading the screenshots because my pc is in spanish)

PS: Most of my usb drives are made by kingston and it normally shows as "Data Traveler x.0"

My USB drives shows either as a generic device or a non-specified device 856c1277-8bbd-4040-96f0-ac6ea0e06217?upload=true.png My USB drives shows either as a generic device or a non-specified device 6336b999-f473-4701-8cdd-b799fec5348b?upload=true.png My USB drives shows either as a generic device or a non-specified device dc4b03e0-9be2-4423-b2a3-3a28d262b77c?upload=true.png

My USB drives shows either as a generic device or a non-specified device 2ed303c9-3607-4c17-a59c-aefd1c2407fe?upload=true.png

:)

Luis-64-Bits, Nov 8, 2019

2. unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed) windows 10

Enable show non present devices and delete them from usb in hardware management. Get drivers for those devices, use usb 2

eidairaman1, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Zuzas Win User
    Windows 10 showing USB storage device that does not exist

Again, thank you very much for your reply and trying to help me.

I did exactly as you suggested. Entered registry editor and deleted those 2 entries you listed. After that, i restarted my PC.

Everything is the same, the drive is still showing. It appears on the device manager list as "Generic STORAGE DEVICE USB Device".

Any kind of information you need me to provide, just ask.

Zuzas, Nov 8, 2019
  4. HUSKIE Win User

My USB drives shows either as a generic device or a non-specified device

unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed) windows 10

Back of the Motherboard

Motherboard Don't have usb 2.0 now they use 3.0 and 3.1

HUSKIE, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

My USB drives shows either as a generic device or a non-specified device

1. My USB drives shows either as a generic device or a non-specified device - Similar Threads - USB drives shows

2. "Generic MassStorageClass USB Device" VS. "USB Mass Storage Device USB Device"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Generic MassStorageClass USB Device" VS. "USB Mass Storage Device USB Device": I have a piece of software that I MUST use to make flash cards for some equipment. The flash cards are essentially the equipment's hard drive and they have a mix of Linux and Windows partitions. Here is the problem I'm having...I have a flash card reader made by Onn that...
  3. "Generic MassStorageClass USB Device" VS. "USB Mass Storage Device USB Device"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Generic MassStorageClass USB Device" VS. "USB Mass Storage Device USB Device": I have a piece of software that I MUST use to make flash cards for some equipment. The flash cards are essentially the equipment's hard drive and they have a mix of Linux and Windows partitions. Here is the problem I'm having...I have a flash card reader made by Onn that...
  4. "Generic MassStorageClass USB Device" VS. "USB Mass Storage Device USB Device"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Generic USB Bulk Device does not appear in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Generic USB Bulk Device does not appear in Device Manager: Hello, I am in need of some help regarding a USB device. My problem is that there is a USB device which no longer appears in my device manager. I have used this device on the same PC and same Windows installation before and it worked fine. Now it does not work a Windows...
  6. USB drive not showing in devices and drives

USB drive not showing in devices and drives: Hi all, I have two computers which do the same thing which is odd in itself. When I insert a USB drive the drive flashes up momentarily in devices and drives then disappears. It shows in device manager and also in disk management but not when I open This PC. It also does not...
  7. A DEVICE WHICH DOES NOT EXIST WAS SPECIFIED usb flash drive

A DEVICE WHICH DOES NOT EXIST WAS SPECIFIED usb flash drive: A disk which does not exist was specified.This is showed when i try to open my usb flash drive.Please help me i am helpless..And please tell how to recover data if possible otherwise just tell me how to solve this .[IMG]...
  8. USB Devices Not Showing

USB Devices Not Showing: I updated my computer to build 1809 for Windows 10 Pro. Since the update none of my USB Devices show in File Explorer. Opening up Device Manager, I can see the device that's plugged in under Disk Drives, but nothing I do makes them accessible. Uninstalling drivers...
  9. Generic USB Hub Device Missing

Generic USB Hub Device Missing: I've been having issues with my USB ports and thought it may have been related to an issue I've had for some time now. This issue shows up as 'Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)' in the device manager. In an effort to resolve this problem, I've attempted a...
  10. Weird "Generic STORAGE DEVICE USB Device"

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird "Generic STORAGE DEVICE USB Device": So I finally decided to do something about this. There is always a Safely Remove icon on my taskbar, so I click it and there is nothing to remove. In Device manager, it is also present under Disk Drives. Even under my computer there is a disk drive with the letter "D" that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb drives showing generic icon