Windows 10: My usb flash drive is identified by Device manager (0 bytes) and windows explorer as USB...

Discus and support My usb flash drive is identified by Device manager (0 bytes) and windows explorer as USB... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My W 10 Laptop signals when I disconnect my flash drive. DeviceManager says Generic USB Flash Disk USB Device. It is a 32GB drive. Can any one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RichardBrodyTX, Apr 19, 2019.

1. My usb flash drive is identified by Device manager (0 bytes) and windows explorer as USB...

My W 10 Laptop signals when I disconnect my flash drive. DeviceManager says Generic USB Flash Disk USB Device. It is a 32GB drive.

Can any one help, please?

:)

RichardBrodyTX, Apr 19, 2019
  2. mikel33 Win User

USB Flash Drive saying not formatted..?

Hi,

I have a Memorex Poker Chip USB Flash Drive 1GB, and It shows up fine on one PC as "Poker Chip" in explore, and I can transfer files... but on my other PC (the one I'm on now..specs in profile) it's listed only as H: Removable Disk, and when I click on it, it says: "The Device is not formatted, would you like to format it now? (Y/N). Why would it be recognized on one PC, but the not the other? How come the other PC didn't need it formatted? When I click yes to format it, it says: "Windows was unable to complete the format"

I went to the BIOS and USB 2.0 is enabled. And Device Manager does list it as a Memorex Poker Chip..

mikel33, Apr 19, 2019
  3. DirectorC Win User
    Partition a USB Flash Drive

This is the scary stuff that happens when you use Google:

'USB flash drives cannot be partitioned in the Windows operating if the drive is identified as removable media. The only way to partition the USB flash drive is to flip the removable bit so that it is recognized as fixed media instead which can be partitioned like any normal hard drive'

Infoz/Appz:
    You searched for Boot It USB – Lancelhoff.com

Partition USB Flash Drives - gHacks Tech News

I got that from searching for 'partition flash drive'.

I should get paid for this.

DirectorC, Apr 19, 2019
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

My usb flash drive is identified by Device manager (0 bytes) and windows explorer as USB...

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

My usb flash drive is identified by Device manager (0 bytes) and windows explorer as USB...

1. My usb flash drive is identified by Device manager (0 bytes) and windows explorer as USB... - Similar Threads - usb flash drive

2. USB Flash Drive Showing 0 Bytes in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    USB Flash Drive Showing 0 Bytes in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Is your USB Flash Drive showing 0 Bytes in Windows 10? This article will help you to fix the issue using different solutions. Multiple users have reported that while trying to access the USB/SD card/Pen drive, it shows 0 bytes error, even where is data on it. If you...
  3. USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB flash drive: Hello, I just purchased a PNY USB flash drive. After connecting it to my PC, I noticed there is 34mb of unallocated space on it. Can anyone explain the reason for this? Please see screen shot below. If I want to allocate this 34mb space and make the USB flash drive have one...
  4. USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Support
    USB flash drive: Hello, I just purchased a PNY USB flash drive. After connecting it to my PC, I noticed there is 34mb of unallocated space on it. Can anyone explain the reason for this? Please see screen shot below. If I want to allocate this 34mb space and make the USB flash drive have one...
  5. usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    usb flash drive: I have a problem regarding my USB, [ATTACH]I can't see storage space and have formatted several times. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-flash-drive/8477fb10-4dc5-4265-97ca-392c395a972e
  6. USB Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB Flash Drive: How do I back up my microsoft photos to the USB drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-flash-drive/a0206f3a-49e2-4d2e-80ce-566fe8aba1ba
  7. File Explorer and usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer and usb flash drive: I had a virus that i used Reimage Repair to fix. When i went to file explorer the folder is empty in the usb flash drive so my files arent being saved. What do i do now?...
  8. usb flash drive

usb flash drive: I am using windows 10. My usb flash drive does not show in disk manage but only intermittently. Often to make matters worse it freezes my mouse when I have the flash drive plugged in. Also it wont let my computer shut down when the flash drive is plugged in. So far I have...
  9. USB flash drive

USB flash drive: usually, when I insert a cd/dvd in my laptop, it usually asks how I want to use it, and gives 2 options: like a USB flash drive or with CD/DVD drive. I just need to see and read what's in it. which option is appropriate?...
  10. Help identify usb device

Help identify usb device: I didn`t have any issues in Device Manager with 1607, but Windows installed 1703 tonight, everything is fine but I found this small issue in Device Manager. Should I just start unplugging usb devices to see if maybe a connected usb device is causing the message ? Or does...