Windows 10: My Usb Headphone Adapter not letting microphone work

Discus and support My Usb Headphone Adapter not letting microphone work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Hyperx Cloud 2 gaming headset. it is a headset with a 3.5mm jack (which is microphone and sound) that connects to a convertor that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jhammer100, Oct 7, 2019.

1. My Usb Headphone Adapter not letting microphone work

Hello, I have a Hyperx Cloud 2 gaming headset. it is a headset with a 3.5mm jack (which is microphone and sound) that connects to a convertor that converts it to USB. I have never had a problem until recently. when I plug in the headset through the USB adapter, it only recognizes that the headphones are connected, and says the microphone is disconnected. when I plug in the 3.5mm cable into my mic jack on my pc (i have 2 separate ones) it sees it perfectly fine however I cannot hear because it is only plugged into my microphone jack. can someone please explain to me why windows is being like this and is not thinking to look for it when connected to USB. I just bought a brand new USB convertor, so it is not old or broken. thanks for any responses.

:)

Jhammer100, Oct 7, 2019
  2. Salvyar Win User

Headphone microphone not working.

no plugged in cable
    My Usb Headphone Adapter not letting microphone work [​IMG]

Plugged in cable (in front of pc)

Selected headphone

Selected Mic in

Clicked on cog (its same with Mic in and Headphone)

Wrench (also same with headphone and Mic in)

This is all i know btw when i click headphone it says mic is unplugged and when i do Mic in it says speakers are unplugged and mic is on.

Salvyar, Oct 7, 2019
  3. mnsdfhrug Win User
    HP Pavilion desktops headphone and microphone input

My Usb Headphone Adapter not letting microphone work c05258839.jpg

My Usb Headphone Adapter not letting microphone work c05240717.jpg

1. USB 2.0: 2
    2. LAN (Ethernet)
    3. HDMI out
    4. USB 3.0: 2
    5. Audio: Line in
    6. Audio: Line out
    7. Audio: Microphone
    Here are photos of the front and back of one of the HP pavilion desktops. As seen on the front, you can only plug in headphones, but not microphone so I can't use that. Looking at the back, I'm not sure what audio line in and line out means. Microphone can probably work with slot 7 but I'm not sure about the headphones.

I need the headphone and microphone ports to be very close to each other, so I can plug in a typical headset.

mnsdfhrug, Oct 7, 2019
  4. zvainzHD Win User

My Usb Headphone Adapter not letting microphone work

All usb microphone inputs not working

So both my adapter for xlr to 3.5mm jack input and my newly purchased usb microphone are not recognised. I've tried updating the drivers, using different usb ports, uninstalling the drivers and letting windows do it manually. Every time though, it's listed as having issue's in device manager... Can some help?

zvainzHD, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

My Usb Headphone Adapter not letting microphone work

1. My Usb Headphone Adapter not letting microphone work - Similar Threads - Usb Headphone Adapter

2. Something's not right with my USB to headphone adapter...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something's not right with my USB to headphone adapter...: My computer has a broken headphone jack, so I have to use an adapter for usb to resolve that problem - However, there is one flaw. Media players keep pausing and unpausing every 0.3 seconds or less.Sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesn't.Also, it is trying to open my media...
  3. Something's not right with my USB to headphone adapter...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something's not right with my USB to headphone adapter...: My computer has a broken headphone jack, so I have to use an adapter for usb to resolve that problem - However, there is one flaw. Media players keep pausing and unpausing every 0.3 seconds or less.Sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesn't.Also, it is trying to open my media...
  4. Headphone microphone not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone microphone not working: hi,I use BT neckband for my pc the audio works fine but microphone doesn't work it show headset in sounds pannel and under controller information it shows "hands free AG audio" when i tap or make some sound near mic it doesn't work, I have tried many things still doesn't...
  5. Headphone microphone not working.

Headphone microphone not working.: I have Beats Studio 3 Headphones which work with either Bluetooth or wired. When I have it wired into my pc, the audio sounds fine but I can't use the built in mic my headphones have. If I connect the headphones through Bluetooth, the mic works but both the audio and mic...
  6. Headphones microphone not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones microphone not working: Hello, lately I ran into this problem where the headset microphone doesn't show up in the input section, because it would only show the default microphone of my laptop, microphone array. I tried to buy a splitter but it still won't work....
  7. Lightning to USB adapter for headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lightning to USB adapter for headphones: [ATTACH] Hello I want to use my EarPods (lightning version) with my win 10 laptop. So I found that adapter. And here's my question, will it work? https://preview.redd.it/cyvynok8q3f61.png?width=482&format=png&auto=webp&s=b2fad44f71791734a32d01727cb155b825a7603b...
  8. USB microphone/headphones use.

USB microphone/headphones use.: Hi, I connected a USB microphone today, which is working fine. I can also hear the recording through my headphones. The issue is that I would like to hear my voice through the headphones, when I'm recording, and I can't seem to find how to do this. I hope you can help thanks....
  9. Headphone's microphone not working

Headphone's microphone not working: My laptop doesn't detect my headphone as it doesn't show up on connected devices, I can hear sounds through it but others can't hear me. I have tried another pair of earphones but the problem persists....
  10. Headphone microphone not working.

Headphone microphone not working.: So, here iam im sorry im not good in english but ill try to explain as well as possible. I have this new headphone for over a year it has nice sound and has a microphone that is in the cable (look just normal). But i have a realtek HD audiodriver and it automaticly pops up...