Windows 10: My USB headphones are not being detected

Discus and support My USB headphones are not being detected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I just bought this brand new pair of logitech headphones and when I plug the USB into my computer nothing happens. I can plug my USB mouse into the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Captain Bongwater, Aug 4, 2022.

1. My USB headphones are not being detected

So I just bought this brand new pair of logitech headphones and when I plug the USB into my computer nothing happens. I can plug my USB mouse into the same port and it works just fine but when I plug my headphones into it nothing happens. It doesn't even show up on device manager. Please help

:)

Captain Bongwater, Aug 4, 2022

2. Headphones Not Detected

Wasn't sure what topic to put this under.

Windows 10 refuses to detect my headphones from my headset. The mic is fine. The computer even recognizes when I plug the headphones of the headset in. But it refuses to detect them. I can go into my Sound in Control Panel all day, and there will NEVER be any
    headphones in that list. So, no, I cannot click headphones, just making that clear before someone suggests clicking on headphones.

How do I force Windows 10 to detect the headphones that I have plugged in, so that they will work? The jack is working fine. When I plug them in it gives me the pop-up letting me know that I plugged something into the jack. But that's the end of it. It will
    not detect the headphones. Nothing comes out of them. There are no headphones in the Sound list. There is nothing. Nada. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Why does it register something is plugged in and then refuse to detect it?

Someone please figure out why Windows 10 simply cannot detect headphones and help me fix this so I can use my headset.

MorgothBauglir1, Aug 4, 2022
  3. Rhina Vib Win User
    USB Type-C Headphones With Windows 10

Here are steps to help fix the issue:

• Plug your headphones in.
    • At the bottom right side of your desktop taskbar, right click the volume icon and select
      Playback devices.
    • Check the default device and if it detects the headphones you plugged in.
    • If it does not detect your headphones, you will need to update your BIOS.

Keep us posted.

Rhina Vib, Aug 4, 2022
  4. My USB headphones are not being detected

Headphone jack not detecting headphones, USB headphones work.

You said the headphone jack is good. How were you able to confirm this, with another device that is detected properly in Settings > System > Sound settings? Did you try the Troubleshooter there for Output devices?

There are more recent troubleshooting steps for this problems I found here:

https://www.maketecheasier.com/fix-headphones-n...

https://www.windowscentral.com/setting-your-hea...

https://www.lifewire.com/fix-headphones-not-wor...

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/headphones-not-w...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Aug 4, 2022
Thema:

My USB headphones are not being detected

1. My USB headphones are not being detected - Similar Threads - USB headphones are

2. My microphone is being detected as headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My microphone is being detected as headphones: Hello! I try to connect my Bower microphone from Bower's Vlogger Pro Kit to my Windows 10 laptop. It doesn't show up in the Device Manager and I can't control any of its properties. When I try to play audio while the microphone is plugged in, it seems that Windows is trying...
  3. My microphone is being detected as headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone is being detected as headphones: Hello! I try to connect my Bower microphone from Bower's Vlogger Pro Kit to my Windows 10 laptop. It doesn't show up in the Device Manager and I can't control any of its properties. When I try to play audio while the microphone is plugged in, it seems that Windows is trying...
  4. My microphone is being detected as headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My USB headphones are not being detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My USB headphones are not being detected: So I just bought this brand new pair of logitech headphones and when I plug the USB into my computer nothing happens. I can plug my USB mouse into the same port and it works just fine but when I plug my headphones into it nothing happens. It doesn't even show up on device...
  6. My USB headphones are not being detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My USB headphones are not being detected: So I just bought this brand new pair of logitech headphones and when I plug the USB into my computer nothing happens. I can plug my USB mouse into the same port and it works just fine but when I plug my headphones into it nothing happens. It doesn't even show up on device...
  7. headphones not being detected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    headphones not being detected: I have a problem with my headphones where they are plugged into my pc, but they don't get detected. Sometimes it will work, but only for a few minutes before they disappear and audio starts playing out of my speakers. When I try to go back to change the output device, my...
  8. Headphones not being detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headphones not being detected: I've recently had a problem with my new headphones' midrange sounding really unclear. Apparently, it's a common flaw in cheaper headphones. So I went ahead and ordered myself a new pair of headphones (it's on the way rn) But I noticed something before that, my headphones...
  9. Headphones not being detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones not being detected: I am on a Windows 10 and my headphones were working perfectly fine yesterday but today it stopped working and I can only use speakers, I've tried fixing it and going through tutorials like going to Device Manager and other things but the device wasn't even there which is why...
  10. Headphones not being detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headphones not being detected: I'm kind of at my wits end with this problem. I tried several different computers, several different headphones, different combinations of headphones on computers, but all they have in common is that they run Windows 10. In all of these scenarios, when I plug my headphones...