Windows 10: My USB headset used to work but after I plugged it into a USB 2.0 after it being in a USB...

Discus and support My USB headset used to work but after I plugged it into a USB 2.0 after it being in a USB... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've had the same gaming headset for 2 years, and it hasn't failed me at all. I was planning on connecting my iTunes to my iPhone to get some music, so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Schoochi, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Schoochi Win User

My USB headset used to work but after I plugged it into a USB 2.0 after it being in a USB...

I've had the same gaming headset for 2 years, and it hasn't failed me at all. I was planning on connecting my iTunes to my iPhone to get some music, so I disconnected my USB headset from the USB 3.0 (I muted my headset before disconnecting it) and plugged it into one of the USB 2.0s that apparently don't "work" (I assumed they didn't work after my headset didn't light up or show any indication the headset was getting a connection). After realizing my headset wasn't working, I quickly disconnected the apple cord and plugged in my USB gaming headset and it gave me the error "No speakers or headphones are plugged in" with the big red X.

I've tried many fixes and spent hours trying to find a fix, and these are the things I tried:

• Disable Realtek driver then restart computer then reenable
    • Uninstall sound driver and restart to reinstall
    • Tried different USB outlets/holes in my computer
    • Completely restarted my PC (fresh start)
    • Uninstalling the different USB Bus Controller and restarting PC
    • Using the cmd prompt in administration mode and using some network service commands
    • everything else you could possibly think of

After trying this, I wanted to try using a different audio device so I unplugged my gaming headset and plugged in my apple earbuds into the headphone jack, and to my surprise, the error was still occurring and I found myself unable to fix the error on any of the audio devices I plugged in (I tried my brothers gaming headset as well and it lit up and the connection was there but I still had the no speakers or headphones are plugged in error).

Please help me, I've been at this conflict for hours and have yet to find a fix.

Schoochi

:)

Schoochi, Sep 6, 2019
  2. Bokteelo Win User

USB Headsets...

Okay so some of you may know that I've been debating between the Piranha, Fatal1ty, and 367. (Decided against the Steelseries Siberia since the mic was clip-on.)

I've scratched the Fatal1ty and 367 completely to put forward another contender; the Gamecom 777 w/ Dolby Technology.

The 777 comes with a mini USB sound card. Basically you plug the USB adapter into the front USB port and then plug the 2 analog jacks into the USB adapter. The USB sound card is basically for virtual 5.1 surround sound. (Been told that it actually works too.)

I'm wondering if I can just plug and play with this set-up. I read that I had to go into my volume properties and tweak with some stuff. I'm not familiar with USB headsets, so can anybody shed some light?

Bokteelo, Sep 6, 2019
  3. Bokteelo Win User
    USB Headsets

I was wondering if using a USB headset is the same as analog headsets, simply plug and play? Because I only use my headset when I need to talk to people over Ventrilo, so I'm wondering if it's as simple as just plugging it in and it'll automatically work?

Also, does anybody know of any headsets that have the volume control on the headset itself? (Not the G35, that's out of my price range.)

Bokteelo, Sep 6, 2019
  4. Protius Win User

My USB headset used to work but after I plugged it into a USB 2.0 after it being in a USB...

USB headset?

i use my ps2 headset(usb)

Protius, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

1. My USB headset used to work but after I plugged it into a USB 2.0 after it being in a USB... - Similar Threads - USB headset used

2. USB Headset not being detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Headset not being detected: Hi, I have some Amazon USB Headset but when I plug it in it isn’t detected. The light on the headset doesn’t turn on. I purchased the same ones as I thought it was the headphones but they still don’t work. The USB ports work with other things too. It just stopped working...
  3. USB Headset not being detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Headset not being detected: Hi, I have some Amazon USB Headset but when I plug it in it isn’t detected. The light on the headset doesn’t turn on. I purchased the same ones as I thought it was the headphones but they still don’t work. The USB ports work with other things too. It just stopped working...
  4. USB Headset not being detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB mic not working when USB headset is plugged in or connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB mic not working when USB headset is plugged in or connected: I just recently bought a USB mic from Amazon. Its the fifine a6t. Sounds great and really good for the price. It works perfectly when I'm using my speakers to monitor it or use it with it at the same time. But for some reason, when I turn on my wireless headset Corsair...
  6. USB mic not working when USB headset is plugged in or connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB mic not working when USB headset is plugged in or connected: I just recently bought a USB mic from Amazon. Its the fifine a6t. Sounds great and really good for the price. It works perfectly when I'm using my speakers to monitor it or use it with it at the same time. But for some reason, when I turn on my wireless headset Corsair...
  7. USB mic not working when USB headset is plugged in or connected

8. my usb 3 being detected as a usb 2

my usb 3 being detected as a usb 2: my usb is being detected as a usb 2 that's a usb 3 port and cable by the oculus app and usb tree and i don't know how to make it work as a usb 3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-usb-3-being-detected-as-a-usb-2/711552c9-3958-44a2-9259-b38530ebfa4b
  9. USB Headset not being recognized

USB Headset not being recognized: I recently bought an Arcus 150T gaming headset. When i plugged it into my laptop i heard a noise as if someone was repeatedly tapping on the outside of the headset. The headset itself is not being recognised and isnt outputting any forms of audio but the rgb on the headset is...
  10. My USB Headset is not being recognized.

My USB Headset is not being recognized.: Hello. My USB headset is not being recognized. Whenever I connect it in my PC, an error shows up that says: The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it. Recommendation: Try reconnecting the device. If Windows still...