Windows 10: My USB keyboard and mouse is not working but only works in bio

Discus and support My USB keyboard and mouse is not working but only works in bio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi my mouse and keyboard are not working but do work in the bio And i restarted when I once and it didnt work. so when I go on into system restore it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KyrinChidiebere, Feb 16, 2021.

1. My USB keyboard and mouse is not working but only works in bio

Hi my mouse and keyboard are not working but do work in the bio And i restarted when I once and it didnt work.

so when I go on into system restore it says administrater password but I can’t make a new account because my mouse and keyboard don’t work and it’s kind of new

:)

KyrinChidiebere, Feb 16, 2021

2. Windows 10 usb keyboard and mouse not working

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

I would like to know if you are getting any message when you connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Feb 16, 2021
  3. Mouse/Keyboard work in BIOS, they do not work once computer boots

I have been using computers for over 25 years now, and I have never run across a problem like this. Backstory: I built my current PC about a year ago. Everything worked perfectly until about 5 days ago. At that point, it needed to restart. I restarted it, and upon boot neither the mouse or keyboard would respond. I tried a different mouse and keyboard, they did not work either. I tried both of the mice and keyboards with another PC, and they worked fine. This absolutely rules out the problem being the inputs.Then, I noticed that the mouse and keyboard do work in BIOS. However, after exiting BIOS and booting, they stop responding altogether. I have gone into system recovery countless times and tried literally every recovery option listed, to no avail. Any suggestions to help would be GREATLY appreciated. For the past 5 days I have literally had a $3000 paperweight.

JamesKBoyd, Feb 16, 2021
  4. My USB keyboard and mouse is not working but only works in bio

Usb ports for keyboard and mouse only work in Bios

I am assuming that your laptop's inbuilt keyboard / touchpad is working. You should do following and keep your USB keyboard and mouse attached -

Windows Key+X (Or right click on Start) > Click Device Manager > Expand Keyboards > Right click on Standard PS/2 Keyboard > Click Update Driver Software > Click Browse my computer for driver software > Click Let my pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
    > Choose Standard PS/2 Keyboard > Click Next to update

Now within Device Manager, go to Mice and other pointing devices and do the above step for HID compliant mouse also.

Do let me know if you have any more question or require further help. If above didn't work, I will supply more troubleshooting steps to solve this problem.

E for Excel, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

My USB keyboard and mouse is not working but only works in bio

1. My USB keyboard and mouse is not working but only works in bio - Similar Threads - USB keyboard mouse

2. USB keyboard and mouse not working only PS/2 works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB keyboard and mouse not working only PS/2 works: I decided to reset my PC and keeping my files.But after I reset it when I turned it on, my USB mouse and keyboard didn't work for me. But in the BIOS settings they did work. Then I decided to use a PS/2 mouse and they did work. Methods I already used are: switching USB slots,...
  3. USB keyboard and mouse not working only PS/2 works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB keyboard and mouse not working only PS/2 works: I decided to reset my PC and keeping my files.But after I reset it when I turned it on, my USB mouse and keyboard didn't work for me. But in the BIOS settings they did work. Then I decided to use a PS/2 mouse and they did work. Methods I already used are: switching USB slots,...
  4. USB keyboard and mouse not working only PS/2 works

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. USB keyboard only working in BIOS and recovery environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB keyboard only working in BIOS and recovery environment: ive recently only gotten my computer out of the windows automatic repair loop but whenever i access windows 10 now my keyboard won't work, even though it works fine in the recovery environment....
  6. USB keyboard only working in BIOS and recovery environment

USB keyboard only working in BIOS and recovery environment: ive recently only gotten my computer out of the windows automatic repair loop but whenever i access windows 10 now my keyboard won't work, even though it works fine in the recovery environment....
  7. USB keyboard only working in BIOS and recovery environment

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Keyboard and Mouse only work in BIOS not on Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and Mouse only work in BIOS not on Startup: For some reason the keyboard and mouse randomly stopped working after doing a system diagnosis. It is working fine on BIOS, however they immediately lose power on the sign in screen. None of the usb ports work at all. I tried replugging all of them into different ports, 2.0,...
  9. Keyboard and Mouse only work in BIOS not on Startup

Keyboard and Mouse only work in BIOS not on Startup: For some reason the keyboard and mouse randomly stopped working after doing a system diagnosis. It is working fine on BIOS, however they immediately lose power on the sign in screen. None of the usb ports work at all. I tried replugging all of them into different ports, 2.0,...
  10. Keyboard and Mouse Only Work in BIOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard and Mouse Only Work in BIOS: So I got an Ocus Rift S yesterday, and I ran into an obscure problem with sensors not being able to be tracked. I looked at multiple sources saying the fix was easy. After trying every single one, nothing ever worked of course, the last one I tried was changing the drivers...