Windows 10: My USB Keyboard won't work after i unplug/replug it 3 times on Windows 10

Discus and support My USB Keyboard won't work after i unplug/replug it 3 times on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently went from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and had alot of issues which of mostly i managed to fix, but i had no luck fixing this one in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Cristhian Leonardo, Jun 18, 2022.

1. My USB Keyboard won't work after i unplug/replug it 3 times on Windows 10

I recently went from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and had alot of issues which of mostly i managed to fix, but i had no luck fixing this one in particular.The issue is that whenever i unplug/replug my USB keyboard 3 times, for some reason the keyboard will lit up, show up in devices and be recognized as connected, but none of the keys will work except for certain function keys like muting/unmuting or changing LED colors, but the keyboard will go back to work normally if i restart the PC.This wasn't a issue on Windows 7 and it really is getting on my nerves, because my computer isn't powerful and d

:)

Cristhian Leonardo, Jun 18, 2022

2. Wireless USB Adapter has to be unplugged and replugged

Every now and then my wireless USB adapter has to be unplugged and replugged because for some reason its performance just gets worse and worse with time. I'll plug it in and get full internet speed 18Mbps down with full bars and then slowly it just drops to 48, 32, 11... with like 2 bars.

Once I unplug and replug, bam full speed again.

Am I doomed to just doing this or is their a fix? Google provided little input.

Linksys AE2500

AphexDreamer, Jun 18, 2022
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jun 18, 2022
  4. My USB Keyboard won't work after i unplug/replug it 3 times on Windows 10

USB keyboard disconnects when holding any button down

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps:

• The USB connection may be loose. Try unplugging the keyboard, and then plugging it back in.
    • Plug the keyboard into a different USB port.
    • If your keyboard is plugged into a USB hub or USB switch box, try removing it and plugging the keyboard into the computer.
    • Unplug other USB devices that are not in use.
    • Try the keyboard on another computer to verify it is working correctly

Method 2: Also I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the usb keyboard drivers as below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows+X and go to device manager.
    • Then expand keyboards and right click on the driver.
    • Then click on uninstall and restart the computer.
    • It will be reinstalled automatically and check if it helps.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 18, 2022
Thema:

My USB Keyboard won't work after i unplug/replug it 3 times on Windows 10

1. My USB Keyboard won't work after i unplug/replug it 3 times on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - USB Keyboard won't

2. My mouse stops working if I unplug and replug it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mouse stops working if I unplug and replug it: So this is kind of a wierd situation where I have a dell monitor that has USB ports on it so when I close the monitor the devices connected will disconnect until I reopen it. And there is an issue where I have a Corsair wireless mouse that when my computer starts with it...
  3. My mouse stops working if I unplug and replug it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse stops working if I unplug and replug it: So this is kind of a wierd situation where I have a dell monitor that has USB ports on it so when I close the monitor the devices connected will disconnect until I reopen it. And there is an issue where I have a Corsair wireless mouse that when my computer starts with it...
  4. My USB Keyboard won't work after i unplug/replug it 3 times on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My USB Keyboard won't work after i unplug/replug it 3 times on Windows 10: I recently went from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and had alot of issues which of mostly i managed to fix, but i had no luck fixing this one in particular.The issue is that whenever i unplug/replug my USB keyboard 3 times, for some reason the keyboard will lit up, show up in...
  5. My USB Keyboard won't work after i unplug/replug it 3 times on Windows 10

My USB Keyboard won't work after i unplug/replug it 3 times on Windows 10: I recently went from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and had alot of issues which of mostly i managed to fix, but i had no luck fixing this one in particular.The issue is that whenever i unplug/replug my USB keyboard 3 times, for some reason the keyboard will lit up, show up in...
  6. External USb Keyboard stop to work after sleep or replug in the USB port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External USb Keyboard stop to work after sleep or replug in the USB port: Hello, I have on my Windows 10 Pro a wired USB keyboard Microsoft 600.I start the PC Asus VivoBook and all works fine.When I sleep the computer or unplug the keyboard, when I resume the computer or I try to insert the keyboard again, It's doesn't work anymore.I searched on...
  7. External USb Keyboard stop to work after sleep or replug in the USB port

External USb Keyboard stop to work after sleep or replug in the USB port: Hello, I have on my Windows 10 Pro a wired USB keyboard Microsoft 600.I start the PC Asus VivoBook and all works fine.When I sleep the computer or unplug the keyboard, when I resume the computer or I try to insert the keyboard again, It's doesn't work anymore.I searched on...
  8. External USb Keyboard stop to work after sleep or replug in the USB port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. When I unplug and replug speakers, they no longer work.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I unplug and replug speakers, they no longer work.: Whenever I unplug the external speakers from my laptop, and plug them back in, they no longer work. It just doesn't show up as an audio device at all. It only starts working again if I plug in the speakers, turn off the speakers, restart my laptop, then turn the speakers back...
  10. Numlock does not work unless I unplug and replug keyboard after reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Numlock does not work unless I unplug and replug keyboard after reboot: I have had this problem on three different keyboards, from three different brands on two different computers. After a reboot, the numlock will not work. The indicator light goes on and off as expected, but I only get numbers - the arrow keys do not work, no matter what...